Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 25, 2024, 08:22:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  Aristocrat Video Gaming Machines
| | |-+  MkV won't boot up properly then crashes.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: MkV won't boot up properly then crashes.  (Read 3465 times)
Psycotron2000
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: February 04, 2013, 06:06:01 AM »

Hi guys,

Just put in a new power supply into my machine and now wont boot up properly. All the boot checks come up OK but when it starts the game it just comes up with a basic screen then crashes and makes a beep noise then starts to reboot. I tried to do a ram clear to no avail. The same screen comes up everytime. Not sure what sequence the LED's on the main board/ comms are supposed to be doing. They do blink red during start up. Will post some pics soon.
Really stumped with this one. Any help greatly apperciated.

Cheers  Scratch Head
Psycotron2000

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 07:07:56 PM »

Here are some pictures of start up. After this main screen it crashes and reboots and keeps cycling. Would like to know if it can be user fixed or if i need some new boards???

* Start up.JPG (307.86 KB, 968x1296 - viewed 196 times.)

* Start up_2.JPG (263.88 KB, 968x1296 - viewed 231 times.)
Gaming1

Total Karma Storms: 3

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 03:13:58 AM »

Could be main board but why was power supply changed.is it the gold power supply on bottom right or slide in pcb power supply
Psycotron2000

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 03:29:43 AM »

The power supply was faulty. It is the big gold box type
Gaming1

Total Karma Storms: 3

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 06:57:48 AM »

So long as you know power supply is ok then the times I have had it it has been the processor
Psycotron2000

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, 07:35:06 AM »

Yep power supply is exchange unit. The old one fried itself and i suspected it my have taken a board out with it when it blew up. There was a definate burning smell coming from the logic box area when i opened the cage but can't be certain that it was not the power supply burning But dont know which board it could be.  Really got withdrawals now been offline for couple of months now and just want it to go.
lovepokies33

Total Karma Storms: 7

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2013, 09:22:22 AM »

-
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 12:53:24 AM by lovepokies33 » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.