Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 25, 2024, 05:17:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  Aristocrat Video Gaming Machines
| | |-+  Aristocrat MK6's -(play disabled TD) ?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Aristocrat MK6's -(play disabled TD) ?  (Read 12964 times)
solidstate
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: March 10, 2013, 02:48:52 AM »

Hello all, i have recently acquired 9 video slot machines, 2 x konami k2V's, &  4 x aristocrat xceed's ,2 x aristocrat xcite , & a star games video slot machine. all of the Aristcrats have the same error on the game screen (no lock ups in the audit menu) they are- play disabled TD? anyone know what the TD error is related too? thanks ....
proten
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 210

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 04:54:01 AM »

Have you checked the current fault list?

One step at a time.
solidstate

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 08:38:17 AM »

current fault list? would this not be what i have looked at through the audit menu?  or are you talking about whats on screen when not in audit mode? , thanks for your reply
proten

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 02:10:44 PM »

This is where to start, current lockups.

3.3 Operator Mode
Operator Mode addresses the jurisdictional and accounting / management information
requirements, allows the machine configuration to be changed, and facilitates
machine testing and fault finding. Entry to Operator Mode is achieved by turning the
Audit (Operator) key ON. The various options can be selected by following the onscreen
guidance and pressing the appropriate pushbutton.
Note
The screen displays and options covered in
this chapter are typical; however, slight
variations may occur between markets.
The Operator Mode structure is shown in Figure 3-5 and the Operator Mode Menu
screen is shown below

OPERATOR MODE MENU
1 Machine Identification
2 Accounting Information
3 Diagnostic Information
4 Test/Diagnostics Information
5 Operator Setup/Selections
6 Miscellaneous
7 Current Lockup

Service – Press to select next item
Cashout/TakeWin – Press to select previous item
Play 15 Lines – Press to choose selected item
Bet 10 Credits – Press to return to previous menu
Audit key – Turn off to exit

Instructions are given on each screen to guide the operator through the various menus
and options available. Any active lockups (tilts) are indicated by a flashing message
at the bottom of the screen.

* MK6 menu.txt (1.04 KB - downloaded 485 times.)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 02:17:59 PM by proten » Logged

One step at a time.
solidstate

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 06:42:08 PM »

Thanks for your reply proten, i have checked that and there is nothing showing as a error. When i turn the key back to game mode is when the play disabled TD is showing. thanks
proten

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 08:22:48 PM »

I went through the manual and didn't find any reference to that error.
Maybe some one with more experience will chime in.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 12:37:24 PM by proten » Logged

One step at a time.
solidstate

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2013, 08:53:00 PM »

Just talked to a local slot machine dealer and he told me that the machines would have been networked at the venue they came from, here in N.Z all the different venues with machines are all connected to a central place in wellington. The error i am getting is due to them not being connected to this site, and he mentioned the only way to make them work stand alone would be to install some thing called a "Q COM box" for around $300..ouch ! any one know of these Q com devices?
Heihachi_73

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2013, 02:10:26 PM »

Yuck, comms on slots. The Q in QCOM generally means Queensland, but QCOM-based games were also in Victoria and South Australia (Victoria also have an alternate comms format from VLC), wouldn't surprise me if you guys in NZ were shafted too, just like the maximum win of $500.

I believe there was at one stage a way to interface comms to a PC host, not sure if it's possible on today's PCs (e.g. no LPT ports if they required one) but I do remember reading it somewhere on here.
Grum

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2013, 07:35:37 PM »

Hi there,
I believe that play disabled is due to the fact that the machine was connected to the QCOM network (which is a legal requirement in New Zealand and Australia for institutions hosting gaming machines) this connects all machines to a central point for monitoring and accounting.
If the machine is no longer connected via its optical network to that network then the QCOM has to be disabled to make the machine "stand alone" I am currently making enquiries regarding the method , info etc...It is a fairly simple procedure I believe but getting info and the software necessary seems near impossible...maybe your local gaming machine supplier / maintainence  people could help.

Oops I see you have already done that... good luck!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 07:47:11 PM by Grum » Logged
Grum

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2013, 07:45:44 PM »

Just talked to a local slot machine dealer and he told me that the machines would have been networked at the venue they came from, here in N.Z all the different venues with machines are all connected to a central place in wellington. The error i am getting is due to them not being connected to this site, and he mentioned the only way to make them work stand alone would be to install some thing called a "Q COM box" for around $300..ouch ! any one know of these Q com devices?
I had my MK6 "QCOMmed" it cost me $40, I had to send the MainBoard  to Auckland, I believe the fix was done with QSIM and the fix resided in the flash ram....however if you do a ram reset you loose the fix  which is what happened to me! So I am now trying to get it done again but seems that the last place is not doing  them now...will keep you posted however any info you have will be gratefully received Smiley
Gaming1

Total Karma Storms: 3

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2013, 10:29:48 PM »

What boards do they have in them wouldn't it be easier to put nsw EPROMs in to them
solidstate

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2013, 09:53:05 PM »

Hello grum, I have done the same as you, I had a machine de-Qcomed then re sett the ram and it returned to Qcomm.The only machine that could be done was one of my k2v's, it didn't work on my mk6's.I have since had it re done by a local firm who also managed to do an Mk6 so I'm about to have them do all my boards, they charged $50 per board. Problem I have with the one that was done is it has a lock up of "belly panel door open" , but it doesn't have a belly panel door. The only way to change that setting as far as I know is by resetting the ram and changing belly panel door to "no" in the machine set up menu. Does anyone know if there is a way to change that setting with out a ram re sett.?, if not I guess I'll have to have it done again, and I'm guessing the Q sim software is not easily available ( probably have to be registered with internal affairs). I have tried Qtool but it doesn't work.

Gaming1

Total Karma Storms: 3

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2013, 09:57:16 PM »

Just short the 2pins out for belly panel door on mother board it is not a optic connection
solidstate

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2013, 11:30:06 PM »

Hi, thanks but where are the pins located.?
jasongd
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 26

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2013, 06:04:52 AM »

Get on to Aaron at Gaming NZ1 and he can sort you out.
http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?action=profile;u=1042

Also, The easiest way for your MK6 units is to install a Lab Comms board and install Australian eproms on the game board - Problem fixed.
Cheers.
Jas.
solidstate

« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2013, 08:05:17 PM »

Have all ready had aaron have a look, he couldn't help as he/we only have qtool not qsim , so we're un able to sort them. I have since found a place locally that will do the boards for $50 so that's the easiest option. Thanks for your thoughts tho..
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.