Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 12:20:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  Aristocrat Video Gaming Machines
| | |-+  Help Lab Board disconnected
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Help Lab Board disconnected  (Read 14036 times)
spinking1982
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: December 31, 2013, 08:15:56 PM »

Hey Guys,

Just wondering if you guys can help me out, I did a EPROM change on my MK6 the other day now I am having all these errors come up.

***Main Door Mismatch
 *** Note Acceptor Door Open
 *** Coin Optic Fail
 *** Cash Box Optic Fail
 ***Lab Board Disconnected
 *** P1-P6 SEF Fail.
                                       I have check the board is in heaps of times now, do you think there could be a problem with the board?.
Gaming1

Total Karma Storms: 3

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 10:10:28 PM »

Is it a nsw machine and do you have a lab comms board in.
spinking1982

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 10:27:23 PM »

Yeah it is a nsw machine, it has a lab comm board in it but I never touched that and the machine was working before fine, it only happen when I swapped over the eproms, which I have done before and they worked fine. I did check the lab comms board to make sure it was clicked in ok. Could it be something in the machine settings?
Gaming1

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 10:32:17 PM »

Could be bent pin on EPROMs . What is programme number on EPROMs .is it 5.2 or mk6
lovepokies33

Total Karma Storms: 7

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 11:28:00 PM »

Hi, this sounds silly but you did reset the static ram, it would of complained and asked you to when you go to the audit menu? (although you did say you have done this before)

Also, the door errors, while still in the errors screen, if you close the door do those errors clear? (those should clear)

Is it still a NSW game and the previous game was NSW also?

If you jackpot reset the optic error should clear?

Strange, could you take a screen grab?

spinking1982

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2014, 01:30:45 AM »

Hey mate I am Pretty sure it is mk6 when i get a chance I will take a photo of the board and upload it
spinking1982

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2014, 01:33:59 AM »

Hey Lovepokies yeah i reset the static ram like i did last time when I put eprom chips in, it goes to the game screen but then it comes up all the erorrs, when you go to the errors menu when you try to clear them they don't clear. I will get a couple of photos and show you what they look like.
lovepokies33

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2014, 01:50:58 AM »

Yeah it would be MK6 because they don't have the 'lab board disconnected' as an error in the lockups for MK5.

I don't think the board would be faulty, it's not a bent pin on the eprom either. (the MK6 system has several CRC checks and you won't get this far, also a faulty board does strange things, not specific errors like these normally, plus you said it was running fine before, a faulty board resets itself, or won't boot unless you bend it slightly, random crc errors, forgetting sram etc but you never know, this might be the start lol)

A photo of the lockups screen would be better, also try running your previous game or another one just for testing purposes.

Also, if you set the game up properly, close the door and do the jackpot/reset key (or if you made a button instead) I want to see a photo of the errors then.

Cya
Gaming1

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2014, 02:24:39 AM »

Have done a lot of conversions and have got actually into game with bent pin on eproms
spinking1982

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2014, 02:38:17 AM »

I have attached a couple of images

* pic1.jpg (31.95 KB, 640x359 - viewed 496 times.)

* pic2.jpg (31.06 KB, 640x359 - viewed 310 times.)
spinking1982

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2014, 02:39:09 AM »

and here

* Pic3.jpg (26.99 KB, 640x359 - viewed 333 times.)
spinking1982

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2014, 02:40:43 AM »

I have tried sticking the original eproms back in and still get the same errors
Gaming1

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2014, 02:45:55 AM »

As lovespokies33 has said you should get a ram error that has to be rest by pressing 2 play buttons with the door and logic cage open if not I would look for bent pin on back of main board or eprom or main board or lab board has gone faulty. Can you give me EPROM numbers and system numbers will see if they match
lovepokies33

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2014, 03:21:57 AM »

Gaming1, its not the eproms now, it's passed this now. Also NSW games don't have version numbers that need to match anything like USA games set chips etc. Except he could be running a really old system though, but that specific game is 2004 and he has the clock in the bottom left, so that would be a newer system version 21+ or higher.

He has also clearly already reset the ram and setup the game options.

Actually there are no other errors now (except the doors but its probably open, we can easily look at that later if that wont clear.)

Also if he can't get a game that WAS working now, it's clear the comms board is not being detected for some reason, it's related to this. (*** Lab board disconnected).

So try turning off the machine, pulling the comms board out and installing again, wiggle it around don't be too soft, but not too rough either, check for bent pins on that board also as gaming1 said, it's possible they are bent or mashed, but you would have trouble getting it in in the first place.

I can't remember if the machine will handle a live install of the card (you shouldn't do it anyway) but if there is a loose connection we might be able to test, in the lockups screen wiggle the comms board in a methodical way, don't pull it out, but just apply random pressure and wait for the error to clear, also in between use the jackpot reset. (some errors must have a jackpot/reset to clear).

Do you have another game board? even an old MK5 board, this will confirm the comms board health..

Good luck, let me know how you go.
spinking1982

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2014, 03:36:56 AM »

Hey pokies yeah i tried another comms board I had that was in another machine that was working fine and it still came up the same error when i tried it in this machine I have noticed with the comms board you can feel it click in but with the main board you can't but it must be picking it up cause it's getting into the game
lovepokies33

« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2014, 03:46:08 AM »

Ah ok.

These boards only need power and and video connected and will still boot up pretty much, it is actually possible that the main board is not getting a connection, properly, so yes you can have the main board 'half assed' in and it will do this.

I suppose you have tried the obvious process of elimination then? as in, what happens when you chuck that main board into the other machine and see if the comms board works?

This will narrow things down.
spinking1982

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2014, 03:50:16 AM »

The board

* pic4.jpg (23.1 KB, 403x226 - viewed 340 times.)

* pic5.jpg (51.91 KB, 640x359 - viewed 396 times.)
lovepokies33

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2014, 03:56:00 AM »

Your photo is pretty low res, so it's hard to read anything much! -  except you have an original MK6 board.

Anyway, what happened when you swapped the main boards from that other machine to this one and vice versa - you need  to do both, the results will narrow down things.
spinking1982

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2014, 04:01:13 AM »

The other machine is a mk5 are you able to swap the boards?
lovepokies33

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2014, 04:14:55 AM »

Yup you can certainly swap them.

MK6 was designed to 'upgrade' MK5 cabinets with minimal fuss. - however you need to actually do a few little mods to make it playable, but that's another topic. (door switch reversed, sound volume must be set to the lowest or disconnect 1 speaker as the MK6 boards have a weak ass audio amp compared to the MK5 and over time it can burn out if you have the volume too loud on those MK5 speakers etc You need a new bill acceptor loom and it needs a firmware upgrade (if you want the bacc that is), and some other stupid thing, but its pretty easy stuff.).

Anyway! Put the MK5 board into the machine we were first dealing with, just go straight into the audit screen and see if the lab board has failed, if so then it's something haunted with the backplane connection, it will put the lockup *** next to each P1 - SEF Fail, P2 etc etc.

Don't worry about the other lockups, just look at the P1 P2 etc.

Once you do this, let me know the results, because it will determine what we do next.
lovepokies33

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2014, 04:18:01 AM »

Oh whoops!

I forgot! If the comms board DOES fail, then NSW MK5 games WON'T BOOT into the game, it will just show the startup tests and restart for ever.

*Anyway* let me know how you go..
spinking1982

« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2014, 04:56:57 AM »

Ok mate so just stick the MK5 board in as is I don't have to sawp any chips over from each board?
lovepokies33

« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2014, 05:09:11 AM »

Just swap the main board AS IS. Don't swap the chips those are NOT compatible.
spinking1982

« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2014, 05:11:30 AM »

ok will try now
spinking1982

« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2014, 05:19:17 AM »

now both r not working
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.