Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 05:03:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  Aristocrat Video Gaming Machines
| | |-+  Need help
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Need help  (Read 4999 times)
DreamMaster
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: July 25, 2009, 02:28:00 AM »

I Have just purchased a new/used MKV machine.
I already own a WMS550 and IGT GameKing, so I have some tech savy.
Upon turning on the machine, I have figured out you have to hold down the three lit buttons.
However, the BV wouldn't accept, although no error was showing.
I have tried using two option set chips in U7 and U11, and have tried a clear chip that I'm not sure is even the right version.
I now have the following 4 errors:
Memory error
Mechanical meters disconnected
Door open - bill acceptor
Mermory error - game eproms changed

Not as easy to figure out as a Gameking without a manual...sigh*

Any help would be most appreciated as I had my heart set on taking this baby for a spin this weekend.

Help
 Scratch Head

tacman
NLG Document, Media Gallery and FAQ Writer
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 446

Genius in training.

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 10:36:17 AM »

DreamMaster, welcome to NLG! I don't own an Aristocrat, but I would venture to say that the machine might have to be cleared due to the Memory Error-game eproms changed, don't know if there is a "soft" clear on the MKV or if you need a clear chip for this. I'm sure one of the other member with more expertise will comment. The Door Open-BV is probably your cash can door that is not closing all the way or jarring open a little when you close the main door., check to make sure its closed and activating the switch. On the meters disconnected, find your meters (hopefully they are there) make sure they have a harness connected and then backtrack the harness and ensure its connected on the other end. Again, I do not know if there is a mod that can be done to the MKV to eliminate the meters, but if so, I'm sure another member will chime in. Good Luck!

Dan (tacman)

DreamMaster

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 04:11:31 PM »

Thanks
I have three other boards that I purchased as spares with software. So I tried them all.
I had the one game up and running but the battery is low and it died. 
There was no "meters disconnected" issue, so I confirmed the meters are connected.
I also traced the wires and all appears well there.
The door one ..... might be just telling me that it was opened.
I'm thinking my clear chip might not be the right one at this point.
I have two setup options chips that I put in U7 and U11 and they appeared to work as I was able to access the menu.
Can someone verify if the clear chip goes into the U7 spot.
Also, what is the normal startup procedure that the machine goes through?
I had to hold down three buttons that were lit up on boot.  Then two different buttons lit up.
By holding them down simultaneously, it would advance to the next screen.
Also, a copy of the manual would be very helpful.
Brad
hoppy

Total Karma Storms: 7

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 05:50:59 AM »

Have you tried
open the secrity cage door
Turrn the audit key clockwise (should display setup instructions)( does for AU machines)

Turning jackpot key clockwise, also may clear some errors
cheers
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 08:35:08 PM by hoppy » Logged
riocarnaval
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2009, 06:50:14 AM »

Talking about the Clear Chips; I can tell I also have a problem with 540MKV5.

My goal was to change the denom and to adjust the machine to  give 10 credits per token; as I was able to adjust two of my Aristocrats I can not adjust two other. I think I have the wrong chksm for Enchanted Forest and Wild Cougar. Any chance to find out if I am using the correct Clear Chips?
hoppy

Total Karma Storms: 7

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2009, 02:00:06 AM »

hi

Information about Australian Mk5 machines. (they operate by different architecture to US)
but the following should be similar in type

When battery has gone flat the meter data is no longer correct so you will need to do a reset of the static Ram to start meters from 0 again,
and also to reload game information from proms.(accounting necessity)

Also when making any changes to game denominator the board game credits must be set to 0 (again preserving the correct metering values on the board)
else the machine will not allow access to any sensitive menus.

Make board credit 0 by (a) playing the credit to 0  (B) Jackpot key payout.

The info you require is in the manual  540MVPServiceManual.pdf

I see that it is in the submit files section now

check chapter 3 ( 3.11)( 3.12)
cheers

Will try to add photos of setup screesn later.
I hope this may be of some use.

all reset functions are done with the security cage door open.  Main door open, and the security key switch turned clockwise.

I have attached photo of Enchanted Forest chipset. The checksum is the middle 4 numbers in the lower set of 12 numbers

* Sany0323.jpg (42.35 KB, 571x334 - viewed 246 times.)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 09:08:27 PM by hoppy » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.