Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 24, 2024, 08:41:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  Aristocrat Video Gaming Machines
| | |-+  Aristocrat Bill Validator not taking money
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Aristocrat Bill Validator not taking money  (Read 12457 times)
bondoexpress
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 18

« on: December 01, 2009, 02:00:34 PM »

Hello all I have an aristocrat mark 4 that is not taking money when turned on the validator cycles and the green arrows come on but will not take money in is there something I'am missing any
help would be great here are some pics of validator and settings if anyone knows the settings for this validator that would help also is there a manual for this machine Thanks for the help

* aristocrat bill validator 2.jpg (82.63 KB, 689x471 - viewed 414 times.)

* aristocrat bill validator settings reduced.jpg (72.14 KB, 804x549 - viewed 433 times.)
bondoexpress
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 02:01:31 PM »

Here is one more of the door

* Inside door.JPG (60.39 KB, 473x400 - viewed 397 times.)
Op-Bell
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 326

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 05:18:55 AM »

Looks like a GPT validator. If the green arrows come on it's enabled and doesn't think it has a problem, so it should suck the bill in. Perhaps it's physically blocked.
TZtech
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 129

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 07:57:12 AM »

Hi

Is it pulling in the note and spitting it back out or is it not even pulling it in ?
If its pulling the note in you may need to re calibrate it by doing the video level procedure. If not pulling in at all check the little sensor at the entrance of thebezel.
You can download manuals for this model from gptworld.com

Ian

bondoexpress
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 02:35:05 PM »

The green arrows light up but it does not grab the note at all the only time you here the validator cycle is when you turn on
SAT (aka GANDHI)

Total Karma Storms: 224

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2009, 03:45:57 PM »

That bill acceptor is a GII of GPT.  It performs two cycles when it turns ON

First you should hear the validator itself rotating its belts and glowing the blue led inside for couple seconds.  Then you should hear the stacker performing its cycle as well.

The stacker cycle is the noisy one and could be heard right next to the acceptor cycle,  OR  when the machine finally boot the game up.  It depends on the software your GII is using currently.

The thing is, if you don´t hear the stacker cycle at any time, then your bill accpetor isn´t ready to work.  Sometimes those green leds get stucked when the bill acceptor has an error.

How the green lights glow in your bill head?  Are they cycling like a moving arrow?  or are they in a paused position??

When your GII in that MK4 is ready to take bills you will see the green lights flashing  in cycle.... like a moving arrow indicating the path to your bill.

Let me know how your machine behaves in order to give you some help.

Keep it simple!!!
bondoexpress
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2009, 05:36:09 PM »

Hello the validator has red lights when it cycles on it also has green arrows moving but does not take money yet here is a pic of it turning on

inside the door there is a red light by the connector that starts as red then goes blinking red really fast it has 10 dip settings on top of validator when #9 is switched on the validator cycles

* Bill Validator Turning On.wmv (647.6 KB - downloaded 217 times.)
SAT (aka GANDHI)

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2009, 08:27:54 PM »

The bill acceptor seams to load up normal.  It performs the two normal cycles and it's clear the stacker isn´t internally stucked.

What apears unfamiliar is the pattern showed by those green leds  Scratch Head

In the first pictures I can see the dip switches are properly set, so it´s not the dip switches....  I suggest you to do the following:

-turn off your machine.

- take the bill acceptor out of is frame, open it and check if there is something stucked in the optic sensors... Or check if the two belts are OK and can actually turn around its mechanism .... you can move it with your hands.

- sometimes it happens that the lateral contacts on this bill acceptor are broken and they don´t make a good contact. The fault you are describing is likely to be produced by this fact, and it also produces strange led patterns too.

- re-seat the bill acceptor in its normal position and turn the machine on again.

Let us know how you do after you check what I just described.

Regards

NOTE:  always turn the machine off before messing with this bill acceptor because its internal memory is really fragile and eventually get burned when you perform HOT connections.

Keep it simple!!!
bondoexpress
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2009, 03:20:22 AM »

While I was trying to check the validator optics I closed the main door and it came up  code #34 coin validator fault how do Ifix this
SAT (aka GANDHI)

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2009, 09:00:50 AM »

you probably unplugged some of the coin accepto wires... try checking the diverter's wires.  Maybe there is one or two wires unplugged or making false contact...

they are close to your bill acepptor.

Keep it simple!!!
bondoexpress
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2009, 04:58:32 PM »

ok the coin fault was something with the validator settings #9 dip switch is a service swith for video adjustment and validator settings
that problem was fixed also got bill validator to WORK BUit will only  take $1.00 bills I tryed every bill 1,2,5,10,50,100
is there anyway to get these bills to work it took hundreds before the settings 1-6 are on 7-10 off thanks for the help
SAT (aka GANDHI)

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2009, 09:58:09 PM »

Your GII probably needs some calibration.  For that, perform the procedure described in the document attached.  If you don't have the original calibration paper then you can get it done using normal white paper... Take a normal white paper sheet and cut a long strip with the width of a dollar bill. 

Try the procedure first with a single sheet and test your BV to see if its performance improved...  If not, then try it again using a double sheet ... and so on until you get it working.

Best regards

* VLA.pdf (56.66 KB - downloaded 441 times.)

Keep it simple!!!
bondoexpress
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2009, 04:52:51 PM »

I did the paper with the validator and it takes ones but not every time I got one $5 bill to work and no other bills other 5's will not work should I  try again with  more paper
SAT (aka GANDHI)

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2009, 06:40:51 PM »

I did the paper with the validator and it takes ones but not every time I got one $5 bill to work and no other bills other 5's will not work should I  try again with  more paper

Yes bondo  yes   Your GII needs calibration!

Look what I do:

I use to steal a letter sized paper from my printer's tray... then I cut several strips the same width of my bills all the way long (long strips I mean).  Usually I get 3 strips, but 2 does the trick most of the times.  Then I perform the calibration procedure as many times as needed until I get the bill acceptor in working order.

The only difference every time I perform the next calibration is how many sheets of "home made calibration paper" I introduce in the bill acceptor.  

I start calibrating with only one strip (long).... Proceed to test the acceptance when calibration is finished.....    No love for GANDHI?  Then I get my long strip doubled and repeat the procedure.... Still no love?? I get another long strip and put it in the middle of my doubled one like the little PIG in STAT's avatar (three sheets so far)......    and so on until I got it up and running (i guess/hope you get the idea)

Best regards and good look with your GII

Keep it simple!!!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.