Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 08:06:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  The Slot Shop **Tech Talk**
| | |-+  IGT Monarch NVRAM data table corrupt
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT Monarch NVRAM data table corrupt  (Read 4896 times)
JOC469
« on: March 11, 2009, 06:35:13 AM »

First of all hello! I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to be posting in, but here goes.

I have an IGT Monarch machine (Major Money & The Outback Adventure) which has developed a problem. On startup during the diagnostics I get the following message:

NVRAM data table corrupt
RAM Clear Required

Which should be relatively easy except for the fact that I don't know how to clear the RAM.

I have switched the machine off from the power, removed and replaced the 1/2AA backup battery on the game board. There is probably an easy and obvious fix, I just can't see it.

Look for any and all help. Thanks.

JOC
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 07:06:57 AM »

Welcome to NLG JOC!  wave

I'm not familiar with the Australian machines, but most of the time a clear chip is needed, and perhaps a key chip as well. We have some very knowledgeable members here; hopefully one of them will be able to get you up and running.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
pinballshed
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 11:35:16 AM »

To ram clear the IGT's Gamekings, turn the game off and remove the main board, then remove the flash card, insert the main board back into the game and turn on, it will ask you for a ram clear, press the small red button for a few seconds, this will clear the ram. Turn game off and remove the main board to reinsert the flash card. Put main board back into the game and turn it back on. Some setup may be required just follow the steps. Just take your time, you will sort throught it ok.
JOC469
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 09:14:28 AM »

By flash card, do you mean this chip circled here, or something else?

I gave it a try, but it still boots up to the same error messages.
JOC469
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2009, 03:15:48 AM »

Got it working in the end - the red reset button had broken, and so when pressing it would just push back rather than actually switch.

Game now loads up and runs, however the note acceptor does not appear to be recognised - it doesn't appear in the menus, and doesn't accept notes. Coincidence, or do I need to set something else up?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.