Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 07:41:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT PE and PE Plus Poker Games.
| | |-+  PE+ upright manual
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: PE+ upright manual  (Read 3108 times)
89chevyman
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 37

IMG_20120624_210335.jpg

« on: August 08, 2011, 12:12:04 AM »

Hey guys,
  I know this keeps popping up a lot, but I just purchased a PE+ Multigame upright and I am in need of the ever popular manual so I can get this thing running. I may as well state the problem and maybe get some help Help Help I paid $100 for the game w/stand. When I went over to check it out, it was up and running. The screen had a greenish cast to it, but everything worked. The guy had originally said it didn't work-had a blue screen and wouldn't do anything, but when he moved it to it's current location it fired up Scratch Head Scratch Head So far so good, just didn't give me any bargaining power on the price bawling  Loaded her up, got home, off loaded it, plugged her in and yup, you guessed it, no picture, not blue, black-nothing. The game seems to be functioning-put in quarters, hear the game sounds, buttons light up, just no picture. Also noticed the coin comparitor had no coin in it, yet the game still registered credits Scratch Head Scratch Head I take it this must have an optic reader and doesn't need a coin in the comparitor(?), Anyway, was going to start digging into it, but would rather have a manual to help guide me through the basics. I haven't tried pulling the monitor and checking connections yet, but is the next step.  Also was wondering if anybody has seen a side bill validator for these machines? It has the hole on the side where it looked like one had been mounted. Not sure if it's worth finding one or not Scratch Head Scratch Head Well that's about it. If anyone out there can help, I would appreciate it. This is my first Video type machine and not really sure about the in's and out's, but I do have a working knowledge of IGT slots. This is going to be a learning experience, hopefully not a costly one. Thanks in advance.

Chris     
Ron (r273)
NLG Welcome Wagon & General Chat
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 401

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 12:05:09 PM »

89chevyman  You've Got Mail  2 of them.

Ron (r273)
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 08:55:10 PM »

Also noticed the coin comparitor had no coin in it, yet the game still registered credits Scratch Head Scratch Head I take it this must have an optic reader and doesn't need a coin in the comparitor(?),

Yes, there are coin optics, but the comparator should also be functional.  The coin comparator on a PE+ (and a S+) is pretty stupid -- it either accepts coins and lets them fall through to the coin-in optics, or it rejects coins to the tray.  It doesn't, however, really talk to the machine.  As such, it's possible to bypass the comparator by bending the rake back (or wedging something in there to hold it open) and then any coin should fall through to the machine's optics, whether or not it passes the comparator test.  Look closely at your comparator to see if that's what's happening.  If it is, you could (in theory) drop a nickle in there and it would still give credit (just be sure to pull it out of the hopper to prevent possible jams.

Also was wondering if anybody has seen a side bill validator for these machines? It has the hole on the side where it looked like one had been mounted. Not sure if it's worth finding one or not

Yes, they do exist.  In fact, I attached one to my PE+ bartop machine(!).  FORDBS posted a couple of pictures of what the units look like in this post.

Is it worth it?  If you can get one cheaply, sure, but I'd wait until you get your machine up and running first before you worry about adding one on.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
89chevyman
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 37

IMG_20120624_210335.jpg

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 04:26:31 AM »

WOW!!! Thanks guys applause applause applause applause Ron thanks for the manual, had a lot more info than I will probably ever be able to figure out, but that's OK, it definitely is one COMPLETE guide Hail Hail. Kevin, thanks for the info on the comparator, I figured that was the case. Now that I have the manual I'll be able to start tearing down,  cleaning and refurbishing Thanks and much Karma to both of you. Appreciate it. I will post the progress (and questions I'm sure)as I go along.

Chris
Inieas
Of all the things i have lost I miss my mind the most
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 2

Keeping the years down is hard, but staying young

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2011, 06:00:09 AM »

Could Someone please send me the manuals too?

If I cant fix it, I will find a way or bug someone till they tell me how!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.