Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 31, 2024, 11:35:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  IGT Double Red White & Blue Problems
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT Double Red White & Blue Problems  (Read 19219 times)
poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2012, 11:35:26 AM »

did I do the test correctly????

It sounds like you did. Make sure the hopper is seated all the way. Pull it out (with power off) and push it back in hard.
nthawk
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2012, 11:39:42 AM »

did that...still nada!!!!!
poppo

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2012, 11:58:51 AM »

Does the hopper sound like it trying to do anything?

Pull it out, and on the rear of the motor is a spring loaded lever (the hopper brake). Hold it in and see if you can turn the pinwheel.
nthawk
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2012, 02:09:01 PM »

it turnsbut seems kind of stiff ...
poppo

« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2012, 02:10:13 PM »

That's normal as there is a gear reduction thing inside. Try the test again.
nthawk
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2012, 02:14:11 PM »

still nothing......
poppo

« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2012, 02:44:07 PM »

If you feel ambitious, you can pull the hopper out and apply 110VAC to the BOTTOM two pins of the plug on the hopper. That should make it run.
nthawk
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2012, 02:50:16 PM »

not that brave... any other suggestions?
poppo

« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2012, 02:57:14 PM »

You can check the wiring going to the hopper plug in the machine, but that is how I would check the hopper.
nthawk
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2012, 03:17:46 PM »

all the wiring looks to be fine...maybe I can make something to put 110V to the pins you described ..guess that would be the way to insure the motor runs...right?
nthawk
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2012, 03:30:10 PM »

well, I ran the test again, this time instead of hitting the reel spin I turned the reset key and it spit out 10 coins did that a few times to make sure it wasn't an error. still does not pay to tray only credits.....
poppo

« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2012, 03:48:00 PM »

With no credits on the machine, press the self test 2 or 3 times until you get a 5_x (x might be 0, 1, or 2). Press the spin button to change it.

Player Selectable Credit <0> [5]   This page is not displayed if credits are accumulated on the credit meter.  Options are standard credit or noncredit {0}, player initiated credit {1} and player initiated noncredit {2}.  The player initiated credit option will default to the noncredit mode when the credit meter remains at zero for more than 30 seconds, or when any accumulated credits are cashed out.  The player initiated noncredit option defaults to the credit mode if the game is idle for 30 seconds, and remains in the credit mode when credits are cashed out.
nthawk
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2012, 04:33:19 PM »

Pushed test button to display 5 in coins played window then pressed spin and it showed 1000( in winner paid window), pushed again showed 1001, etc. exited test..still won't pay to tray ....I miss something here?
poppo

« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2012, 04:39:22 PM »

Pushed test button to display 5 in coins played window then pressed spin and it showed 1000( in winner paid window), pushed again showed 1001, etc. exited test..still won't pay to tray ....I miss something here?

You are in the wrong menu. Press the self test button a few times from when you first start. You should have a 0 in the coins played and 5_x displayed in the winner paid
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2012, 04:41:11 PM »

When you win and credits go to the meter, what happens when you press the "Cash Out" (or "Cash/Credit") button?

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
nthawk
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2012, 05:05:16 PM »

nothing happends when pushing cash out with credits on machine......got to that menu with 50 showing in winner paid ...had to use key to toggle to next (51)..exited menu..still no luck
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2012, 01:29:25 AM »

here is a guide to the test menus:  the beginning may vary depending on what SP chip you have in your machine,where as CP=coins played window,WP= winners pais,CW=Credit window. 
each time you press the white test button the next test will come up in the menu.
CW=0-3=communication type
CP=0=Sas Address
CP=0=Wamm/Comm Address
CP=0=5_0-2= Player selectable credit  ***this menu has asub menu to it,tells status of bill acceptor pay mode and position of dip switches on board & bill country code.
CP=1=10_1=input tests***  sub menu
CP=2=10=output tests ***  sub  menu
WP=50=sound tests   ***  sub  menu  to 56  each tone and jackpot lock-up tone.
CP=3=hopper test
CP=4=WP=reel strip game type,  CW=game version
CP=5=WP=position #, reel strip test
CP=6=WP=denom,CW=cents denom.,
CP=7=WP=max#of coins paid from hopper
CP=7=CW=max#of credits/bill acceptor credit limit
CP=8=WP=coins to be paid from hopper.
depending on the SP you could run all test from the buttons on the machine. 
the input test will test all you switches, this way you will know which one work.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 01:40:01 AM by Jim » Logged

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
nthawk
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2012, 02:59:12 PM »

Low and behold, I made it do what I wanted. With all of the help here and scanning previous posts I came up with the solution.
Pushed test button to "0" in cp, used reset key to get to "5" in winner paid, hit spin wheels to change fron "0" to "1".hit test button to get out of test mode and "VIOLA"!!!!! it did it!!!!!!!!!!
nthawk
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2012, 01:12:39 AM »

The machine now dosen't register credits....Is there a setting that allows for player to be able to accumulate credits then cash out rather that getting cash automatically dispensed on every win?
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2012, 01:51:47 AM »

Yes, the setting you previously had was doing just that -- wins were going to the credit meter instead of automatically being paid from the hopper.

At that point when you had credits on the meter, you'd normally just hit "Cash Out" or "Cash/Credit" to get the machine to pay out from the hopper.  If nothing was happening when you pressed that button, you have a problem with the wiring or the physical switch.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
nthawk
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2012, 03:27:05 AM »

upon closer inspection I have found that the switch and bulb are out of the socket...will attempt to reinstall and see what I get....
nthawk
« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2012, 03:37:16 AM »

re-installed switch.... wokrs perfect!!!!!!!!
THANK YOU ALL FOR BEARING WITH MY STUPIDITY and THE EXCELLENT HELP!!!!
YOU GUY'S ROCK!!!!!!!!!
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2012, 01:49:14 PM »

Great to hear. Congrats on getting your machine set up the way you want it.

nthawk
« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2012, 02:43:25 PM »

as a token of my appreciation I have made a donation to the site. Thank you all AGAIN!!!!
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2012, 05:11:03 AM »

Awesome! Every little bit helps to keep the site running to help folks with their machines. The new green badge looks great by your name!

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.