Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 04:58:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  Rants and Raves (SEE DESCRIPTION BEFORE ENTERING!) (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  The biggest TILTS I ever seen
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The biggest TILTS I ever seen  (Read 5138 times)
Randy0777
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 311

« on: March 21, 2009, 08:18:14 AM »

wave Now that I have your attention  yes
 Just think of the info. that you get from this site!!!. I have about 47 more questions' on the slots' I'm working on,however,I do not need to ask because I have a place to start ...from reading.

However,if someone needs help on a "8 liner" or a Sat,CPU,etc" sure ,I will help...If I see the post. Same as other people has helped me.

Anyway,the way i see it if someone answers your post and it helps you...donate 2$
If your a "dealer", every sell donate 2$
 What brought this on was thinking about how much CFH and a69mopar and Ben  wave has helped me so I pleadged 20. But,since typing all of this I pledge another 50$. Which Im sure a Admin. can vouch for that yes
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 11:44:56 AM by a69mopar » Logged
a69mopar
647-402-1977
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 11:51:41 AM »

Randy,
   I changed your subject slightly, it will probably accomplish the same if not more.  Most people here see that someone has a problem and want to help, I can't tell you how many times I've typed a reply, hit send and got a "someone else posted while you were typing message, only to delete my typing since theirs was the same.  Like most hobbies, sharing ideas and information supports not only the people but the hobby as a whole. Just think of all the questions and answers that are posted on this site.  Anyways, we all love it.  Donations help to offset the cost of hosting this site, which reminds me, It's time for me to donate.

Thanks very much,
Wayne
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 11:57:46 AM by a69mopar » Logged

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
cfh
Contributing Gold NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 113

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 01:36:53 PM »

The learning curve on slots is a lot steeper than pinball (which is
where i came from.)  not because they are harder to work on,
but because the info is "top secret".  I remember trying to find
someone to answer questions, and it was like trying to open a
treasure chest. people just don't want to tell you anything.

this is unlike say the pinball world, where it's damn near a
contest to see who can answer a question with the most
accuracy, the quickest, and with the most information.

I've tried to bring the pinball-style of answering questions to
this forum, with pictures. i find if you raise the bar, it sets a
standard for others. And if they see a few reaching the bar,
they too will jump in and loosen their lips of information. it becomes
a circle, but one of good things not bad.

So i encourage those to jump in. try and answer questions,
use pictures, and make everything as informative as possible.
i know quite a few guys are running a business in slots, so maybe
this isn't possible. but for us hobbiest here, this should be no
problem.

a service friend of mine once asked me, "why do you want to
give out all this repair information for free? it's like cutting your own
throat."  But i explained to him that certain people will never
call a service guy, they must do it themselves. And others will
call a service guy no matter how simple you lay the information
down. So in the end, being helpful and giving away repair information
HELPS your service business.  it took a while but i did eventually
convert him, and now he can't understand why he was so
tight-lipped with info previously. People want him to fix their stuff
because they see with great transparency how smart he is about
repair.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 02:34:06 PM »

blah,blah,blah....I have no idea what you're talking about rotflmao

Just kidding, I totally agree with you guys...for me, it's a little fun doing problem solving when it comes to slots.
The enjoyment and satisfaction when the last post from the person that needed help is: "It works!"
and you know you've played a small part in resolving the problem...
a69mopar
647-402-1977

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2009, 02:48:59 PM »

On this site, the dealers, along with many others, often offer their expertice to help people when needed, I think it is likely between shopping out machines which is how I do it.  I just came up for a break and checked the posts.  Any requests that go unfulfilled usually mean that you are in uncharted waters, and in those cases, we usually work on it together leaving the results for everyone to see.  I often see requests for information which has a reply to look in the submit new files section where a manual or whatever has magically appeared.  It's unfortunate that we lost the thousands of previous posts when the site crashed, "we can rebuild it, we have the technology".

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Thanks,
Wayne

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2009, 03:08:16 PM »

That is very well said, Clay. Many people would rather let a talented professional perform a repair, even if they know what to do themselves.

Randy, on behalf of NLG, thank you again for your generous donations. Hail applause applause   

As everyone knows, times have been tough this past year, and understandably, site donations have been down. When donations stop coming in Joey pays the hosting bill out of his own pocket. In addition, as many of you know, Joey doesn't charge for his banner ads. He maintains this policy because it allows him to pick and choose who gets space based on the sellers'  integrity and helpfulness to our membership. We all benefit from his decision by having access to the best vendors, who we know will treat us right.

That being said, I would once again take this opportunity to ask those of our membership who have benefited from the site, but have found it difficult to donate this past year, to consider donating whatever small amount they are able. Even amounts of five dollars or less help Joey pay the hosting bills and maintain the site.

Finally, on behalf of the New Life Games staff, I want to thank everyone who has donated to NLG for their support, both now, and in the future.

Thank you. applause applause applause applause

StatFreak  garfield
 nlg New Life Games Global Moderator

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Randy0777
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2009, 05:39:14 AM »

StatFreak , the purpose of my post was to make people think about where they would be with out this site. When they look for help,where would they go??? I've Pm'ed a few members my phone number so I can walk them through the steps( Which I hate,cause others can not see it...but my goal was was to get them running). As you can see from my post, I have no fav. type of machine. However, before I ever asked a question on a new platform...I searched here first,than the Net. EVERTIME someone has gave me the manual,answer,ETC that I was looking for. I found this site YEARS ago when I bought my first slot.

Bandwidth does not really cost that much...until you start using it yes ...Same reason why I donated the other day...Sat back in my chair and thought "What the hell would I buy another slot when I cant even get this one working! "

Novice, do a search on Ebay on slot manuals' I needed IGT's ,Atronics,Sigma (150,300,1700) and Konami. look at the prices.

DO NOT GET ME WRONG... The people that help here has more than payed any dues that I feel they should pay...Without them,we are lost hissy fit

Its people that come and seek...find the answer...and keep coming back for more!!!!. Key word was KEEP COMING BACK!!!
Randy0777
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2009, 05:48:08 AM »

Donations help to offset the cost of hosting this site, which reminds me, It's time for me to donate.

Thanks very much,
Wayne
[/quote]
I sent you a PM when I typed this(LOL,r u here) I was going to crack on that Mopar(Mostly old parts and rust) thing. I know it has been awhile since I donated. And i thought of the things you have sent me............... So,you were the reason for this topic...So FLAME him LOL
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.