Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 06:31:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  Rants and Raves (SEE DESCRIPTION BEFORE ENTERING!) (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  What's your opinion of the bailout?
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What's your opinion of the bailout?  (Read 26955 times)
brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 440

« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2009, 02:07:03 AM »

Just do some research on Sen. Chris Dodd and AIG.

Thanks,
Bill
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2009, 11:34:41 AM »

I didn't do any research but just the fact of mentioning a senator and a company brings the phrase "conflict of interest" to mind Tongue Out
brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 440

« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2009, 01:04:10 AM »

His wife was supposedly on the board of one of their subsidiaries.. no no loser

Thanks,
Bill
tacman
NLG Document, Media Gallery and FAQ Writer

Total Karma Storms: 446

Genius in training.

« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2009, 05:44:10 PM »

Well, I just got this in an email and am amazed at how this fits into todays economy and financial situation. The scary thing was this cartoon was published in the Chicago Tribune newspaper in 1934. I thought the purpose of studying history was to be infromed as to not make the same mistakes as in the past!  Scratch Head Enjoy.

Dan (tacman)

* 1934.jpg (371.5 KB, 757x933 - viewed 186 times.)

Randy0777
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 311

« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2009, 06:02:50 AM »

N8LHG ,Damn I wish I still had them figures(but if someone would like to see them,I would find them Smiley ) . No,its not a myth...they were not even close to the "American" car Companys....Nevermind,Just seen it a few post up  yes

Folks,

My first gut feeling about the foreign car companies "NOT" giving money into the American economy, or to assist with American interests during a catastrophe MAY be a myth. While I can not speak for most of them on that list, nor can I show any proof here. I lived about 30 miles from the Marysville Honda plants some years ago. I'm not sticking up for them, just feeling suspicious about the email stating that only American Auto Industry gave money, or contribute to the American community.

While Honda has a great many flaws, I was personally involved with some of the community happenings that Honda was putting money into, and contributing a great deal of resources to. They did, at the time I was involved, support at least, the local area during hard times, including giving money to the Marysville Red Cross during flooding in the area. It may not be much, but it meant a lot to Marysville during those times. It may not have been millions or billions, but they did seem to be very community conscious, and at the time, it surprised me. Honda was saying "What can we do to help" in that situation.

Mark

« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 06:08:24 AM by Randy0777 » Logged
Randy0777
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 311

« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2009, 06:17:44 AM »

So true Wayne.

Don't confuse the Americian Honda employees with the corporation.  Most work forces took collections to raise funds to help. 

Thanks,
Wayne
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.