S+ has No LED Displays, no Reel Spin, & a burn mark on a connector....

(1/1)

mwade109:
Hello all,  I just picked up a S+ wild Cherry, the guy said all that was wrong was it wouldn't accept coins or bills.  Well, actually when plugged in, the only action you can hear it the bill validator cycle.  Upon opening and closing the door, the reels never spin. I noticed that none of the leds light up at all, so I wanted to give it a quick once over and went ahead and removed the coin tray and the hopper and found a burn mark on the connector that is coming from the power supply... and stopped there cause I had other things to do.
As seen in the pictures.

Can anyone help here with with diagnosing this problem?

Mike

CaptainHappy:
Quote from: mwade109 on August 07, 2011, 02:08:41 AM

Hello all,  I just picked up a S+ wild Cherry, the guy said all that was wrong was it wouldn't accept coins or bills.  Well, actually when plugged in, the only action you can hear it the bill validator cycle.  Upon opening and closing the door, the reels never spin. I noticed that none of the leds light up at all, so I wanted to give it a quick once over and went ahead and removed the coin tray and the hopper and found a burn mark on the connector that is coming from the power supply... and stopped there cause I had other things to do.
As seen in the pictures.

Can anyone help here with with diagnosing this problem?

Mike

Mike,

The problem is the burnt connector on the wire harness most likely. It is a common issue that happens over time. There are a few threads that deal with this on the board. Basically I think that you should be able to unplug the harness, clean up the mating connector on the backplane, and replace that burnt harness with one from one of our fine vendors here in the links above. :3- I am sure that someone will chime in with more exacting detail than I gave since I have never had to replace one, but I think that it should be an easy fix for you!

CH :95-

CaptainHappy:
Here is a thread that talks about fixing the problem arther than getting a new wire harness... Look around and you will find other threads about the same issue.

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=9367.0 (http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=9367.0)

CH :95-

StatFreak:
I have been going through this board compiling a list of some of the old threads on the subject and reading them to decide which to use as a top sticky thread.
CH :95-, since you've already replied here, I'll use this thread as the sticky. :96- 

Here are links to a few more threads about this issue:

Burnt connection on S+   (This is the one CaptainHappy referenced above.)
S+ Slot quits working
IGT Upright experts
IGT S+ reels don't spin

There are more that can be found by doing a search.

StatFreak :31-
:nlg- Global Moderator

This FAQ thread is locked.

StatFreak:
For those of you who aren't comfortable making your own harnesses or using a soldering iron, I received a pm from rslots who manufactures a replacement harness for this problem and asked that I share with everyone.

I haven't tried one of his harnesses personally, but the Trifurcon pin design is superior to the OEM harness. It grabs the pins on three sides, which creates more surface contact and is more resistant to vibration and oxidation.

Here is a link to the item on Happ's site:
http://na.suzohapp.com/gaming/gaming_parts/702030200.htm

However, NLG members can contact Jim directly for a better price. Click here to send rslots a pm.

Quote from: rslots on January 29, 2012, 03:28:21 AM

... A great solution to the problem is to replace the harness with an improved brand new aftermarket harness (only one on the market and sold by Happ).  We are the manufacturer of the harness and the supplier to Happ.  This new harness is made with trifurcon pins so there is much more surface contact area.  members can contact me directly if they want to purchase a new harness at wholesale price.  Retail at Happ is aprox $25.  having worked on hundreds of S+ slots, this harness is the weakest link as they age which is why we began making our own harness.   

Jim 

Thanks Jim for offering a deal to our NLG members!  :3-

StatFreak :31-
:nlg-  Global Moderator

Navigation

[0] Message Index