Some thoughts on the "61 loop" issue

(1/3) > >>

knagl:
A friend of mine who occasionally lurks here sent me the following message which provides some very interesting insight into what may cause the "61 loop" issue after a dead battery error:

I have dealt with this a lot, this "61 loop" thing I believe happens when the jackpot reset key has been operated while there is a "12" battery bad code displayed.  For some reason, it locks something up. 

I always can clear this by putting a different number SP chip in and reseting the machine with it installed, then I can return to the original SP and it works. Otherwise, I've been told a clear chip works also, although I've not tried this.

I don't think I would have ever tried turning the jackpot reset key on the one occasion I had a dead battery (and I never encountered the "61 loop" issue, either), but on the other hand I'm sure a lot of the n00bs do exactly that because they know from experience that the jackpot reset key tends to reset some errors (just not a battery issue, of course).  When they do that, apparently they're unknowingly setting themselves up for failure when they replace the battery.

To that end, if you have a error 12 when you power up your IGT S+ slot machine, do NOT turn the reset key.  Turn the machine off, replace the battery, and you should be back in business.

jay:
Good thoughts !

stayouttadabunker:
Good thoughts knagl!
It would be easy to replicate though....just pull the lead off the battery, power up the machine and turn the Reset key?
I'll try it first thing Monday morning to see if that's what causes the [61] loop... :79-

stayouttadabunker:
Well...uh....it's been a few Mondays!  :96-
I was reminded about this particular topic/problem so I tackled it.

I'm using a 2CM Double Diamond Deluxe machine that had 52 credits on the display before
I un-soldered one end of the MPU onboard battery leads - forcing a [12] (Dead Battery) error.

I tried to determine by turning the Reset/Jackpot key, whether or not this "mis-step" forces the machine
to go into a [61] error "loop".

As a result, all I get when I turn the Reset key, is go into the accounting/bookkeeping" mode.
Also, when the MPU booted up, I only received the [65-1] message which means "Bad EEPROM Data" -
which is resolved by simply pressing the Test button once and closing the door...

Apparently, turning the Reset key while a error [12] ("bad battery") is NOT the reason
for the [61] error "loop" we've been seeing....as the chip on the motherboard seems
to retain all my settings and accounting records.

Sooo...what really causes the [61] error "Loop"?   :128-

Here's a video clip I made for you guys this morning....>>>

http://www.youtube.com/v/5ipMOyHprSw&rel=0

CUDA3134:
I resolved my 61 loop by reseating the CMOS and wiring the cash box door switch together. I think in your experiment you would need to wait some time for the retained information to be lost. At least an hour. I had a jackpot lockup on a Franco machine that I cleared by removing the Dallas Battery but had to wait for the information to drain off before I was successful.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page