Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 08:38:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  Rants and Raves (SEE DESCRIPTION BEFORE ENTERING!) (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Arkansas
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Arkansas  (Read 2800 times)
PWRSTROKE
Resigned NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 246

« on: February 04, 2011, 12:23:42 AM »

I have a simple question and hopefully someone that lives in the state will chime in.   I checked on a couple Laws concerning the status of slots in Arkansas as the wife and somewhat myself were thinking of re-locating there.  Are ALL machines legal there for home owenership?.  I looked at 5 diff. areas of data and get some conflicting statements.  Thanks Barry.
Magicslots
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 62

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 12:27:35 AM »

According to one of our illustrious dealers here, yes...

http://www.slotmachinesltd.com/legal.php

"Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has no heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains."  (Sir Winston Churchill)
PWRSTROKE
Resigned NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 12:32:04 AM »

Thanks,  Just gotta make sure as I plan on setting up shop!.  Barry. (home owner shop-- Tongue Out). 
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 363

PET

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 12:35:27 AM »

Hope it works out for you. Good luck, Ford  applause applause
PWRSTROKE
Resigned NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 12:39:29 AM »

Thanks,  That is not the ONLY reason we are looking at that move but it Will help me decide for sure--- yes.   Will take a little bit to make the transaction as we are deeply-rooted here in our native state and city.  Being 43 years old and moving, re-doing everything will be a challenge.  Barry.
snideology
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 01:22:30 AM »

So I thought I'd put my $0.02 in here; I have sold a good amount of slots in Central Arkansas, but all have been token devices. It is widely believed here that quarter slots must be 25 years old or older, but this might be false.

Unfortunately, Arkansas statutes are now apparently only searchable for members of Lexus-Nexus, which is something new and troubling, so I cannot research the question directly. If you are preparing to sell them when you move here, you may be well advised to get a legal opinion. I CAN say that they are mainly concerned with machines actually making money, and a 2004 Arkansas Supreme Court decision is VERY definitive regarding that!

-Snide
poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2011, 01:47:28 AM »

Not sure how accurate this is. While not adressing slot macines directly, this has quite a bit of info regarding devices that take money. Some pinball machines are even illegal. Duh!

5-66-111. Pinball machines, etc.

(a)(1) Any coin-operated pinball machine or other device that is designed so that more than one (1) coin can be inserted so as to give the player additional odds in making a high score or winning an additional free game is unlawful.

And this could be a grey area:

5-66-103. Gambling houses.

Any person who:
(1)....
(2) Sets up, keeps, or exhibits or causes to be set up, kept, or exhibited or assists in setting up, keeping, or exhibiting any gambling device; or
(3)......
is deemed guilty of a felony and on conviction shall be confined in the Department of Correction for not less than one (1) year nor more than three (3) years.

http://www.whiteknightblackjack.com/Law/Arkansas/Arkansas_gambling_law.htm

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.