Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 04:08:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  Rants and Raves (SEE DESCRIPTION BEFORE ENTERING!) (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Argh - Whining travelers
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Argh - Whining travelers  (Read 3495 times)
poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 248

« on: August 29, 2011, 04:15:50 PM »

I'm all for 'passenger rights' when it comes to being stuck on the tarmac for hours or stuff like that. But people knew this hurricane was coming for a long time, and they knew the airports were going to be closed. I just saw a story on the news about people complaining that they are not being compensated for their flights being disrupted. One example was someone flying from CA to NYC with a stop in Atlanta. The airline is being liberal about refunding the portion of the flight from Atlanta to NYC, but these people want their whole flight refunded (even though they knew it was going to be interrupted). Sometimes I just want to  slap some of these people who think everyone 'owes' them something.
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 04:19:34 PM »

I know what you mean poppo. Hard to restrain yourself from paying the bill when someone is so obviously owed a good attitude adjustment yes
zarobhr
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 178

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 07:49:38 PM »

unlike aug 14th when there was some bad whether plane delyed 1.5 hours when it took off from Washington National. but then right after take off they emergency landed ad Dulles Int Airport becuase something cuahgt fire in the cockpit.

they got them a room for the night along with a whopping $5 food voucher. and offered them a $50 voucher on a future flight.

in this case they should have gotten alot more
poppo

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 07:56:50 PM »

...but then right after take off they emergency landed ad Dulles Int Airport becuase something cuahgt fire in the cockpit.

in this case they should have gotten alot more

I don't know. I think a lot of people would just be glad they are still alive.
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 233

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 10:03:30 PM »

For those that work in customer assurance roles in the airline industry, hang in there.  It must be pretty brutal right now.

Jason

Yoeddy's IGT Slot Machine Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/Yoeddy1
a69mopar
647-402-1977
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 12:16:40 AM »

I'm all for 'passenger rights' when it comes to being stuck on the tarmac for hours or stuff like that. But people knew this hurricane was coming for a long time, and they knew the airports were going to be closed. I just saw a story on the news about people complaining that they are not being compensated for their flights being disrupted. One example was someone flying from CA to NYC with a stop in Atlanta. The airline is being liberal about refunding the portion of the flight from Atlanta to NYC, but these people want their whole flight refunded (even though they knew it was going to be interrupted). Sometimes I just want to  slap some of these people who think everyone 'owes' them something.
Perhaps they had tickets well before news of the storm came.  I would say the air line should have just cancelled the flights instead.

W

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
poppo

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 12:27:48 AM »

Perhaps they had tickets well before news of the storm came.  I would say the air line should have just cancelled the flights instead.

Then they (the flyers) should have changed their plans. IMO if you go anyway knowing that your connecting flight is 99.99% likely to be canceled, that is not the airlines fault.
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2011, 08:31:45 AM »

Then they (the flyers) should have changed their plans. IMO if you go anyway knowing that your connecting flight is 99.99% likely to be canceled, that is not the airlines fault.

As long as the airline was willing to give the customers a full refund on their tickets if they chose to "change their plans." Most tickets have restrictions, so it would still be up to the airline to offer the refund.

How would you feel if the airline said that they were only refunding money for cancelled flights, and that since leg one of your journey wasn't cancelled, they wouldn't refund that part of your ticket if you decided not to fly altogether, or that you would still have to pay fees to change your flight date?

I'm not saying that this is what happened, but only that there might be more to the story.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
poppo

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2011, 10:02:30 AM »

How would you feel if the airline said that they were only refunding money for cancelled flights, and that since leg one of your journey wasn't cancelled, they wouldn't refund that part of your ticket if you decided not to fly altogether, or that you would still have to pay fees to change your flight date?

The story said that the airlines had posted directions on their web site and that they were willing to refund or change flights if the final destination was in an affected area. But some are complaining that they were being deceptive because they didn't specifically say that it would only be for the cancelled portion (if they decided to fly anyway).

IMO common sense says you are not going to get a free flight across the US when you knew the destination airport was closed before you left.
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2011, 11:28:23 AM »

The story said that the airlines had posted directions on their web site and that they were willing to refund or change flights if the final destination was in an affected area. But some are complaining that they were being deceptive because they didn't specifically say that it would only be for the cancelled portion (if they decided to fly anyway).

IMO common sense says you are not going to get a free flight across the US when you knew the destination airport was closed before you left.

Agreed. As long as they were offering full refunds or free changes to those who chose not to travel or to postpone their trip, they were being fair.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.