Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 03:57:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  Rants and Raves (SEE DESCRIPTION BEFORE ENTERING!) (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  "Level 3 Comm/Embarq/CenturyLink PROBLEMS!!!!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Level 3 Comm/Embarq/CenturyLink PROBLEMS!!!!  (Read 5999 times)
KirkLasVegas
Retired OLD Buzzard
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 233

Newest addition to the family, RIP Bentley

« on: March 15, 2010, 01:02:00 AM »

NOTHING BUT DNS PROBLEMS WITH LEVEL-3 AGAIN TONIGHT!!!
EMBARQ/CENTURY-WHATEVER IT IS THIS WEEK WONT FIX IT. TIME TO FIRE THESE INCOMPETENT BOOBS!!!
As much as I hate Cable TV systems, the connection I have thru my neighbors Cox system is working PERFECTLY
While Embarq is dropping the ball THRU Level 3,they refuse to deal with the problem.
Tommorrow morning YOUR FIRED!!!!

Definition of "Retirement"= to be able to get back all you contributed into it AND take some of their money too before dropping dead.
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 01:38:07 AM »

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
reho33
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 146

Slot Losers of America / Tokie Owens

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 01:40:47 AM »

I wish it were possible but we need a list of reliable DNS servers....

** NOTE: The information contained in any of my posts relating to slot machine ownership and use is information that I have gathered from publicly known sources correspondingly under the same protections of Free Speech governed under the Laws of the United States and Canada and is for informational use only. As is my Constitutional Right under United States and Canadian Laws the redistribution of said information is considered a form of free speech. Using this information in the United States or Canada to conduct illegal gambling in states/provinces where it is unlawful has been declared against the law in those states/jurisdictions and as such I do not advocate the illegal use of such information under both the United States and Canadian Laws. All references and examples of personal experiences are hypothetical in nature, and it is up to you to determine if the information presented is applicable to your situation or not**
brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 440

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 01:56:04 AM »

So, Google says
http://www.google.com/search?q=fast+dns+servers&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Thanks,
Bill
KirkLasVegas
Retired OLD Buzzard
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 233

Newest addition to the family, RIP Bentley

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 05:47:56 PM »

Update.....
When I told Embarq today I was dropping them as my Internet company they asked what it would take to keep us .(didnt expect that)
Told them if/when they either get Level-3 to get their act together OR use another backbone I wont PAY for Internet service.
Told them I will take my dialtone/LD service with....
Also told them to be here tomorrow to completely REMOVE ALL of their equipment from my property including their interface and cabling from the premise to their vault or I will charge THEM an access fee on a monthly basis until it's removed as they are now "Trespassing" on my Venue.
I want the holes they drilled in the stucco repaired and painted to match like they have never been here.
Result?
They credited back two months of Internet services charges and will continue to do so until this DNS mess is cleaned up.
I agreed to stay a customer and cancelled the cable TV modem install.they WILL listen if you talk with the right people Smiley
It's THEIR job to jump all over Level-3 Communications, not mine. But Since I pay THEM! it's their game....

Kirk

Definition of "Retirement"= to be able to get back all you contributed into it AND take some of their money too before dropping dead.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 05:52:06 PM »

Ruthless lightning bolt but I love it!!!! haha!
Great job Kirk! applause Hail
You told them!! yes frying pan frying pan frying pan
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2010, 09:27:19 PM »

I wonder if some of the DNS problems are a way to get more people to dump DSL and go with cable.
I have not noticed long term outages. I did have to do page reload a few times recently but nothing that would show a continuous outage in my area.

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.