Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 07:24:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  Rants and Raves (SEE DESCRIPTION BEFORE ENTERING!) (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill  (Read 70659 times)
rickh
In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 187

You will be missed rick R.I.P My Friend.

« Reply #175 on: June 11, 2010, 04:20:21 PM »

I am thinking they limit the packs to 75 lbs or less.... something to do with getting caught, the charges are less or something.

Between Yuma and Casa Grande it is about 150 miles.... between these 2 cities are probly the most traffic coming in. Drive along I-8 between Dateland and Casa Grande at dusk and you will see them running across the desert, headed north for the freeway. I even had a few dozen cross in front of me at nite while on my bike... my headlite hit them and it was like deer in front of me. I think it will peek soon, with all this attention coming from the law kicking in next month.

You will be missed rick R.I.P My Friend. SEE LINK: http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=14215.0
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #176 on: June 11, 2010, 06:31:19 PM »

My question is: why are they coming here?
I hear it's really nice down in Alcupulco?
rickh

« Reply #177 on: June 11, 2010, 08:25:51 PM »

several theories.... freebies abound within the States.... also, ones with pregnant wifes get a huge free ticket if they pop the kid out here. Lots of work from those that ignore thier status and give them slave wages.... and the drug trade is still heavy up here, so many are doing that.

There is also a faction building up thier population for the even where they will take back the southwest.... too many guns in our hands here in AZ, but most other SW states are ripe for the picking.

You will be missed rick R.I.P My Friend. SEE LINK: http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=14215.0
rickh

« Reply #178 on: June 11, 2010, 08:28:06 PM »

My question is: why are they coming here?

Quick really really simple answer.... ANYWHERE ELSE WOULD SHOOT THEM!

rickh

« Reply #179 on: June 19, 2010, 08:54:17 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/OXs8gRI70oo&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/OXs8gRI70oo&rel=0</a>

delma
« Reply #180 on: June 20, 2010, 03:11:42 PM »

The meeting went well  until the Arizona governor demanded to see Obama's birth certificate.

Hee, hee.

delma
« Reply #181 on: June 20, 2010, 03:13:14 PM »

Immigrants from around the country are taking to the streets this week demanding that they be allowed to stay in the US in order to maintain their jobs. And what better way to maintain those jobs than by parading in the streets in the middle of the afternoon on a Wednesday.
delma
« Reply #182 on: June 20, 2010, 03:21:07 PM »

A US Border Patrol Agent catches an illegal alien in the bushes right by the border fence, he pulls him out and says "Sorry, you know the law, you've got to go back across the border right now." The mexican man pleads with them, "No, noooo Senior, I must stay in de USA! Pleeeze!" The Border Patrol Agent thinks to himself, I'm going to make it hard for him and says "Ok, I'll let you stay if you can use 3 english words in a sentence" The Mexican man of course agrees. The Border Patrol Agent tells him, "The 3 words are: Green, Pink and Yellow. Now use them in 1 sentence." The Mexican man thinks really hard for about 2 minutes, then says, "Hmmm, Ok. The phone, it went Green, Green, Green, I Pink it up and sez Yellow?"
Ron (r273)
NLG Welcome Wagon & General Chat
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 401

« Reply #183 on: June 24, 2010, 09:55:58 AM »

This has been floating around U-tube. A Obama supporter?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/RMK9zxb5HyE&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/RMK9zxb5HyE&rel=0</a>

Ron (r273)
Thor777
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 415

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #184 on: June 24, 2010, 10:57:54 AM »

OMG !   Duh! Duh! Duh!

I refuse to beleive that ANYBODY is THAT stupid !  frying pan

We are in real trouble !  no

My CAT is smarter than your honor student  !!!
uniman
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #185 on: June 24, 2010, 11:35:43 AM »

This editorial article was in a local paper. Not sure how correct the facts are.

Published June 2, 2010

People, both here and abroad, are upsetting themselves over the recent anti-illegal alien laws, voted in by Arizona's citizens and signed into law by Arizona's Governor. In light of the following regulations, their position demonstrates the typical double standard used by the race-baiters and assorted frauds, ne'er-do-wells, y fulano-de-tales.

Here's a partial list of some immigration rules and laws that you might or might not enjoy:

1. There will be no special bilingual programs in the schools.

2. All ballots will be in this nation's language ONLY.

3. All government business will be conducted in our language ONLY.

4. Non-residents will NOT have the right to vote no matter how long they live here.

5. Non-citizens will NEVER be able to hold political office.

6. Foreigners will not be a burden to the taxpayers. No welfare, no food stamps, no health care, nor other government assistance programs. Anyone who is a burden will be deported.

7. Foreigners can invest in this country, but it must be in an amount at least equal to 40,000 times the daily minimum wage.

8. If foreigners come here and buy land, options will be restricted. Certain parcels, including waterfront property, are reserved for citizens naturally born into this country.

9. Foreigners may have no protests. No demonstrations. No waving of any foreign flag. No political organizing. No bad mouthing our President or his policies, as these will lead to deportation.

10. If you do come into this country illegally , you will be actively hunted. When you are caught, you will be sent to jail until your deportation can be arranged. All assets will be removed from you and not returned.

So perhaps you say some of these are just too strict?

The above listed regulations are a portion of the current immigration laws of MEXICO! They sound fine to me.

Now how can I get this brought before Congress?

ot sure how correct the facts are.

rickh

« Reply #186 on: June 24, 2010, 11:47:15 AM »

It sounds close, if not correct....

rickh

« Reply #187 on: July 01, 2010, 03:59:36 PM »

I just got some calls about tying in and doing the printing of some items for some of the national anti-illegals groups.... so I printed this and am sending it off to see what comes of it.

* IMG_3805.JPG (98.63 KB, 960x720 - viewed 319 times.)

Joeylc
Founder and CEO of New_Life_Games_LLC
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 287

KG7NLG

« Reply #188 on: July 01, 2010, 05:02:49 PM »

ACLU issues travel warnings to Arizona

Cry Laughing Cry Laughing Cry Laughing Cry Laughing

PHOENIX – The nation's top civil liberties group on Wednesday issued travel alerts for Arizona, saying the state's new law cracking down on illegal immigrants could lead to racial profiling and warrantless arrests.

American Civil Liberties Union affiliates in Arizona, New Mexico and 26 other states put out the warnings in advance of the Fourth of July weekend. The Arizona chapter has received reports that law enforcement officers are already targeting some people even though the law doesn't take effect until July 29, its executive director said.

The alerts are designed to teach people about their rights if police stop and question them.

The Arizona law requires police, while enforcing other laws, to question a person's immigration status if officers have a reasonable suspicion that the person is in the country illegally. It also makes it a state crime for legal immigrants to not carry their immigration documents and bans day laborers and people who seek their services from blocking traffic on streets.

arrow arrow arrow arrow arrow arrow

Attorneys defending the law against constitutional challenges filed by the ACLU and others argue that the Legislature amended it to strengthen restrictions against using race as the basis for questioning by police. Five lawsuits are pending in federal court, and the U.S. Justice Department is believed to be preparing a legal challenge.

Despite the legislative action, the ACLU still believes that officers will inappropriately target minorities.

"We have a long history of racial profiling in this state, and this is basically going to really exacerbate that problem," said Alessandra Soler Meetze, executive director of the ACLU of Arizona.

The ACLU's warnings were accompanied by a "bust card" that citizens or non-citizens can print out or download to their mobile phone instructing them about their rights during encounters with police.
  frying pan frying pan frying pan frying pan

"The Seeds of our Ultimate Destruction are Slowly and Quietly being Planted in the Fertile soil of Political Correctness”
                                                                   Joey Carruthers 2011

Hottest day in the United States recorded August 11, 1983 at 2:21 p.m. was 132 F. - recorded in the shade at the Bullhead City Fire Department. 
BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

I Have gone to find myself, and if I get back before I return, keep me here!
  ???

1-888-NLG-SLOTS 928-754-4147
e-Bay ID NewLifeGames_net
rickh

« Reply #189 on: July 01, 2010, 05:59:42 PM »

typical dumbasses

tacman
NLG Document, Media Gallery and FAQ Writer

Total Karma Storms: 446

Genius in training.

« Reply #190 on: July 01, 2010, 07:12:32 PM »

So in an effort to make it look like I'm not "racially" profiling in a state that borders Mexico and has a high percentage of hispanic illegal immigrants, I will have to stop and question an equal number of blond, blue eyed caucasians about their status in the state.  Scratch Head Scratch Head Scratch Head When are we just going to get rid of the lawyers, they're the cause of just about every problem we have!  Duh!

Dan (tacman)

rickh

« Reply #191 on: July 01, 2010, 10:50:20 PM »

Amnesty will be passed soon, so it may not be an issue soon.... no telling what will happen after that.

rickh

« Reply #192 on: July 16, 2010, 12:52:46 AM »

from a friend in AZ, Kelly Townsend (running for House Rep), about todays first hearing on SB1070

Hello gang,

Here is the update about today.
... See More
We went there quite early, with only the law enforcement present. Our group began arriving, and giving interviews to the media, representing the many voices who couldn't be there because they are working. The opposition showed up much later, and in small number.

Chris Rossiter and myself were able to go inside and watch the proceedings. We were intrigued by the arguments posed, and realized that it will be difficult to guess which way this judge will rule, regarding the injunction. She made it very clear that she was hearing both sides, who both had strong arguments, and then would review it. Rumor has it she will make the decision within the next day or so.

Here are the sections of the law that are being challenged, and it is our understanding that the injunction would apply only to them, not the entire bill. Or only to the sections she decides, perhaps only one of these.

ARS11-1050 (in its entirety)

ARS 13-1509

ARS 13-2319

ARS 13-2929

ARS 13-3883 (Subsection 5 only)

It was clarified that the injunction was against SB1070, as amended by HB2162, not the original SB1070.

It was also determined that this is against Jan Brewer acting in her official capacity, not her as an individual.

There were many previous rulings cited, which we will list here and you can research them at your leisure.

IRA-IRA (13 years ago) which was cited a few times but we don't have any other info on that.

Heinz v. Devinowitz (spelling could be off) but this one was cited frequently and eluded to it being most important.

Cobar vs. Nevarrez (again, spelling cold be off)

North Lake Tahoe case (not sure if that is linked to any of the above, but seemed significant when dealing with supremacy).

The main argument was that there is a conflict of unreasonable detention (release if not prudent to detain - at the officer's descretion) vs. indefinite mandatory detention until imigration status is determined. One part of section B states that they should be detained only when reasonable, and then a little bit later it says the "SHALL" be detained until their citizenship status is determined, which could then extend outside of the "reasonable" realm, potentially making it unconstitutional. The Governor's defense agreed it was worded poorly but that it rarely takes very long to establish citizenship.

This along with the argument that law enforcement officers are being asked to enforce a so-called potentially unconstitutional law and by upholding their oath to not accept an unconstitutional order, they may be disciplined and/or lose their job. They are asking for the injunction until it is determined whether or not the law is indeed unconstitutional. Liken it to if they were told to seize the citizen's handguns. An officer could rightfully refuse to follow that order/law and risk losing his job, and is asking that until the lawsuit is complete and a judgement is made about the Constitutionality of the law, there be an injunction so he is not required to enforce it. Here we have an officer who believes he is being asked to enforce an unconstitutional law. The judge remarked that it was a matter of opinion until the outcome of the lawsuit.

It seemed the judge questioned the validity of most of the arguments, except she did seem to agree that we cannot indefinitely detain someone until their immigration status is determined, according to the Constitution which states we cannot detain someone for an "unreasonable" amount of time. The question is, what is reasonable and how long does it really take to determine a person's citizenship?

The attorney Montoya is a formidable player in this and is not to be underestimated. We could very well see an injunction in this, however it won't be on the entire SB1070, but likely on the wording of indefinite detention until status is determined.

As a side note, the other protestors there, I am told, were threatening our people, however there was no real actual trouble to speak of (other than heat stroke!)

There is a lot of indepth stuff that happened there today, but we wanted to give you the overall briefing.

We were comended, by the way, for our professional approach to the situation, and thanked for calling ahead yesterday and asking what was requied of us, and letting them know we were coming. We do want to thank all our law enforcement, who were there in force, from even as far away as Los Angeles, to make sure everyone was safe. It was considered a "dry run" for next week, when the hearing will begin on July 22 (not the 20th).

Thank you all who participated in person and in spirit. See you next Thursday!

Kelly Townsend

Visit Greater Phoenix Tea Party Patriots at: http://phoenixteaparty.ning.com/?xg_source=msg_mes_network

brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 440

« Reply #193 on: July 16, 2010, 03:12:14 AM »

So, the sticking point about defining an "unreasonable amount of time" is already codified. A person must either be arraigned or released within 72 hours of their detention/arrest. Does the judge somehow feel that existing law isn't good enough?

Thanks,
Bill
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.