Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 05:57:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  Rants and Raves (SEE DESCRIPTION BEFORE ENTERING!) (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill  (Read 70654 times)
Joeylc
Founder and CEO of New_Life_Games_LLC
NLG Site Administrator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 287

KG7NLG

« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2010, 07:35:35 PM »

This is so true can you find the news story on this I tried and no luck... sounds like a must read..

"The Seeds of our Ultimate Destruction are Slowly and Quietly being Planted in the Fertile soil of Political Correctness”
                                                                   Joey Carruthers 2011

Hottest day in the United States recorded August 11, 1983 at 2:21 p.m. was 132 F. - recorded in the shade at the Bullhead City Fire Department. 
BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

I Have gone to find myself, and if I get back before I return, keep me here!
  ???

1-888-NLG-SLOTS 928-754-4147
e-Bay ID NewLifeGames_net
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2010, 07:43:01 PM »

Incidents involving Officers like this get shoved under the carpet big time...
not good for the P.R. and funding.
rickh
In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 187

You will be missed rick R.I.P My Friend.

« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2010, 07:48:08 PM »

Then the news isnt doing its "job" like they used to... got a name or town name?

You will be missed rick R.I.P My Friend. SEE LINK: http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=14215.0
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2010, 07:59:14 PM »

The story of the kid on the 4-wheeler hit the news but you won't believe how
biased it was and how small of a section they used in the local papers.
The family is very well known around here in upstate new york and
the boy was always working on his uncle's farm doing chores.
The news reported that he "charged at them" but upon further looking into it...
the two officer's placed themselves at a corner of the trail in the bushes and the boy knew the trail by heart.
It was approaching nightfall but he knew his way on that trail because he rode it regularly.
He blasted around the corner like normal (curvy dirt trails in the woods up here)
and was continuing on towards his grandmother's house.
As he came out into the clearing past the woods, there was a couple more of
Border Patrol guys standing behind their doors waiting for anything to come out of the woods on that trail.
As he came out and sped by, yelled for him to stop but he couldn't hear them from the roar of his junky old 4-wheeler.
They open fired on him.
Everyone around here was extremely upset but only heard on the news that he was involved with drug smuggling.
Locals knew the boy very well and he's was just a young farmer's hand.
Classic case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2010, 08:07:03 PM »

This.  K+

I'm all for people being in the country legally (and people who are not legally in the country not being here), but the idea of having to produce your ID on demand to any agent of the state (police officer) who asks for it is against the whole idea of freedom that this country was built on.

[/quote]

kanagl  Are you saying you have never had to produce a ID of some kind to a Police Officer? It's actually works out pretty simple, Cop wants to see a ID and you refuse to produce one he takes you to jail.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2010, 08:44:10 PM »

kanagl  Are you saying you have never had to produce a ID of some kind to a Police Officer? It's actually works out pretty simple, Cop wants to see a ID and you refuse to produce one he takes you to jail.

On what grounds?  A police officer does NOT have the right to just walk up to anyone they choose and demand identification.  If an officer has cause to believe that I comitted a crime, that's a different story, but (save for this new law in Arizona) an officer of the law cannot just walk up to someone and ask for their ID and detain them if they refuse to produce one.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
rickh

« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2010, 08:55:50 PM »

um.. that isnt how the new law works... they cant just come up to me or you and demand ID. They have to have come across you while doing thier duties... ie traffic stop... where yes you do have to produce ID as in a license, plus insurance and registration. I dont like that either, but thats how the current law is. If they just grab a mexican or mexican looking person and demand ID, they could get sued.

Personally, I am not as worried about those here for the past 10-20 years.... many have layed low and enjoyed it. My concerns are with those running the drugs in or people.... here in Phoenix, it is nitely news about drop houses, drug runners, hit-and-runs, gang related crime, and on and on... thats what I am hoping this law helps at least slow down if not stop.

You will be missed rick R.I.P My Friend. SEE LINK: http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=14215.0
Joeylc
NLG Site Administrator

KG7NLG

« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2010, 10:11:56 PM »

by Alicia E. BarrĂłn

Fox 11

Posted on April 27, 2010 at 7:17 PM

PHOENIX – Law enforcement took dozens of people into custody after busting an alleged drop house in Phoenix.

Agents responded to a house in the area of 26th Drive and Avalon on Tuesday after receiving reports of suspicious activity and a check welfare call just before 1 p.m.

When police arrived at the house, they found a group of illegal immigrants inside, many eating ham sandwiches and drinking beer. There were reportedly no weapons and no one acted in a violent manner.

Sgt. A.D. Davis, with the Phoenix Police Department, says "Officers got a call today at about 12:45 p.m. of a suspicious vehicle and just check welfare on the house. It all started last night.at around 11 o'clock they noticed a red van and a white pick-up...and they noticed that maybe 30-40 individuals got out and they noticed this type of behavior for the last three days."

Neighbors tell 3TV they had noticed something was up. Brent Farlin, a neighbor, says, “I’ve noticed some suspicious activity over the last week cars, these vehicles right here parked here 3:00, 3:30 in the morning and then they just suddenly leave.”

A total of 70 people including a small child were taken into custody and loaded onto an ICE bus to be processed and detained as neighbors stood by and watched.

www.fox11az.com/v/?i=92259979  video
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 10:17:52 PM by Joeylc » Logged

"The Seeds of our Ultimate Destruction are Slowly and Quietly being Planted in the Fertile soil of Political Correctness”
                                                                   Joey Carruthers 2011

Hottest day in the United States recorded August 11, 1983 at 2:21 p.m. was 132 F. - recorded in the shade at the Bullhead City Fire Department. 
BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

???

knagl

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2010, 10:31:52 PM »

um.. that isnt how the new law works... they cant just come up to me or you and demand ID.

Actually that's exactly how the new law works -- it grants police the power to stop and verify the immigration status of anyone they suspect may be illegal.  It's not a secondary-offense thing like you suggested (where they'd be asking for ID after making a stop for a traffic violation).

If they just grab a mexican or mexican looking person and demand ID, they could get sued.

Which is why one Arizona sheriff said that he has no intention of complying with the new law:

"We're damned if we do, and damned if we don't.  If we go out and look for illegal immigrants, they accuse us of racial profiling and we can get sued. And if some citizen doesn't think we're enforcing the state law, they can sue us too."

- Pima County (AZ) Sheriff Clarence Dupnik  (source)

Don't get me wrong, I'm not thrilled with the idea of people in the country illegally taking advantage of what the country has to offer and, in many cases, not paying taxes to the country.  However, I'm less thrilled with the idea of a police state where I have to provide "my papers" on demand to big brother to prove that I'm allowed to walk down the street.  We fight to keep our country free for a reason, and it's not to pass laws like this.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
rickh

« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2010, 10:44:22 PM »

well, it may not see the light of day anyhow... papers filed today to get 1070 on the ballot, they need 70,000 signitures by July... and if they dont make that, they file to get it on the next election and the law sits on hold till 2012.....

Joeylc
NLG Site Administrator

KG7NLG

« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2010, 11:16:28 PM »

it is nice that we can debate this topic in a civil manner....

some other sites are off the wall on  both sides ..  Duh! Duh! Duh! Duh!

well at least no one is throwing beer bottles at us so far//////////

drinker drinker drinker Plastered Buddies Plastered Buddies Plastered Buddies champagne champagne champagne slap slap slap

Joey Carruthers 2011

BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

???

rickh

« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2010, 11:23:23 PM »

I agree.... we all have our opinions and I respect them as much as someone respects mine. I assumed we are all adults, and was correct Smiley

StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2010, 04:00:31 AM »

Use of green card as an identity card

The card must be in the possession of the U.S. permanent resident at all times.

This means that the permanent resident must have a currently valid card on the person at all times and be able to show it to a United States Citizenship and Immigration Services officer, if requested.

Though aliens with permanent resident status are required to carry these identification cards, American citizens are not required to carry any citizenship identification.  applause

Right.    So how do you tell the difference between a U.S. citizen who does not need identification, a resident alien who does, and an illegal alien? The color of their skin? Their accent? The type of job they have? ... their religious beliefs... the clothes they wear ... the church they go to ... where does it stop?

Tell me, will the police be making concerted efforts to seek out illegal British or Scandinavian immigrants? How about Korean? How about Canadian?  Or are we really talking about selective enforcement of the law, racial profiling, and pandering to the mob?

Will your life really be so much better if these measures are taken that you are willing to give up more of your civil rights to the state to accomplish them? It is worth the price?

Might it really be that we are angry and frustrated with our failing economy and that we feel powerless to do anything about the downturns in our lives? Could it be that these aliens are scapegoats for all of our frustration -- a way to feel united against something, anything, as long as we can point a finger and blame someone else for the problems in our lives? History has shown that people who feel this way are easily manipulated. When something is motivated by fear and anger, be careful. Be VERY careful.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 04:24:37 AM by StatFreak » Logged

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 440

« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2010, 06:22:35 AM »

Right.    So how do you tell the difference between a U.S. citizen who does not need identification, a resident alien who does, and an illegal alien? The color of their skin? Their accent? The type of job they have? ... their religious beliefs... the clothes they wear ... the church they go to ... where does it stop?

Tell me, will the police be making concerted efforts to seek out illegal British or Scandinavian immigrants? How about Korean? How about Canadian?  Or are we really talking about selective enforcement of the law, racial profiling, and pandering to the mob?

Let's understand exactly when this law can be applied:

"Lawful contact" has a very broad meaning. A police officer is allowed to approach anyone and strike up a conversation, this is an example of one type of lawful contact. If there is something suspicious about the subject's behavior, it can be used as reasonable suspicion to detain a subject in order to ascertain if there is a crime being committed.  stir the pot / get cooking

Stat, to address your point: Any officer can use this law to initiate a "stop for verification of citizenship" on any subject, with a little creative report writing. Indeed, the officer will be applauded if he uses it against people of all colors and ethnic backgrounds, as he won't be racially profiling. yes

Of course, once he has reasonable suspicion to detain (not arrest) a subject, he is allowed to do a search "for weapons, to protect both himself and the detainee"... propeller and you can imagine how it will go from there.

This is tantamount to carte blanche authority to stop anyone at will.

Now, I'm not saying all cops are bad. Just like every other group you can divide people into, there are good and bad. This law is written badly enough that you could drive a Mack truck through the holes... no

But, maybe it will get the feds off their collective  mooners Piggy Bum and do something about the issue. I'm against illegal immigration, but I'm also against stupid legislation that can be easily misused.

Thanks,
Bill
rickh

« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2010, 02:00:09 PM »

well, no matter who is right or wrong on this.... it is getting national coverage and many of those in power are showing their true colors either way. Personally, I do not think the law will ever see the light of day with the court cases already going on... but it is waking up the people and causing them to discuss it... a good thing. For way too many years, people have ignored the problems.

We, as biker-types, go thru profiling all the time... any of you in the Kingman area remember the run into town a few months back? It was because of discrimination/profiling of bikers... the law does this because supposedly bikers are bad, so they only stopped the ones looking like bikers and not every vehicle on the roads there. Here in AZ, the vast majority of illegals are from Mexico... a known fact. So why the difference in profiling? I dont know.

I heard today that the boycott from San Fran against AZ might backfire and cost San Fran jobs.... haha, cracks me up. Now a movement has started nationally to support AZ businesses, which may be the best thing out of this since our economy is crap here. One lady somewhere outside of AZ started a boycott of "Arizona Iced Tea"... she didnt know it isnt made here, but in NY...

Good discussion, guys.

brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2010, 03:35:35 PM »

I heard today that the boycott from San Fran against AZ might backfire and cost San Fran jobs.... haha, cracks me up.

Welcome to my nightmare... Duh! Duh!

Thanks,
Bill
rickh

« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2010, 04:00:07 PM »

Well, I have people contacting me for Arizona companies they can use.... to counter any boycott.....

tacman
NLG Document, Media Gallery and FAQ Writer

Total Karma Storms: 446

Genius in training.

« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2010, 04:24:00 PM »

So if the race or ethnic background is a main characteristic of the problem, then because we are such a "We are the world" mentality, then PC dictates we can't profile by race? Thats a sad commentary. Arizona is not being overrun by illegal Bosnians, although I'm sure there are some there. JMHO

Dan (tacman)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 11:27:10 PM by tacman » Logged

rickh

« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2010, 05:14:27 PM »

tacman.... we have a load of legal and illegal ones from the middle east also.... but notice how quiet they are staying. Those screaming foul are either mexicans or liberal citizens (for the most part).

I support the law and look forward to the court cases to fine tune it if needed. I and my friends will be watching if/when it goes into effect.

tacman
NLG Document, Media Gallery and FAQ Writer

Total Karma Storms: 446

Genius in training.

« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2010, 05:46:52 PM »

I don't begrudge anyone for wanting to come to the USA, who wouldn't? There are rules and regulations for doing it legally, though. I find it funny that now they are not ILLEGAL immigrants, they are undocumented workers. Strange how you can't call them illegal, which is a fact, but we now call them undocumented WORKERS which is unsubstantiated. If they are ALL workers, why are so many collecting government assistance. Oh, and as I stated before, I am really tired of immigrants, legal or illegal REFUSING to assimilate to the country they so DEARLY want to be in, even if it means breaking the law. That statement covers all ethic backgrounds and nationalities.

Dan (tacman)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 11:26:41 PM by tacman » Logged

rickh

« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2010, 06:04:31 PM »

well, I feel we should also ignore the hookers and drug dealers that abound if we are going to avoid illegals. When they were pushing for shaded structures for the day workers, we pushed for the same for the hookers and dealers in Phoenix.... that didnt go over well, but we made our point. Smiley

jay

Total Karma Storms: 483

if you cant afford to lose you cant afford to win

« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2010, 04:15:25 AM »

My 2c on the issue is that the US spends a ton of money pushing out their borders that could be better spent elsewhere.
When I fly from Canada to the US I go though immigration in Canada, Same deal when I fly in to the US from Europe.
I go through immigration in Europe. Just the cost to house all those immigration officers in those foreign places alone not to mention over 2500 border points.

Would it not make much more sense to create 5 or 6 points of (air) entry into the US ?

And why guard the Canadian Border ??? is Canada a Terror threat (South Park does not count) It would be my conjecture that you eliminate the check points that don't matter and spend your money on the ones that do. Ie expand the points of entry from the US-5 to say 10 and ensure a consistent level of screaning.

Right now they don't have the money to scan even 1% of all Sea-containers -- gee if I was trying to smuggle something into the country would I try and bring in a bottle of discount liquor in my trunk or heaven forbid more than my duty free allowance or would I do it by the unchecked container full....

There is some internet jokes that pertain to the ability to track a cow and document its every meal - this relates back to the BSE(mad cow) scare of 2004, but our inability to track 2mm illegals.

I see no reason why a person could not be issued a US-PASS with a number on it. Thay way they could track how many visitors they have in the country at any given time. Right now no one has a clue.
Post 911 they fingerprint and retna scan evey european coming into the country but do they count when they leave or have them "check out" nope.... all they got is this huge database of useless information about people they don't even know if are still in the country.

When I was working in Japan I was issued a card that was inserted into my passport. It stated when I entered the county, where I was staying and when I was leaving. If for some reason I was over due they started to track me down.

The technoligy is there why not slip on a ankle bracelet to all visitors, after all Martha Stewart made these fashionable. I am sure there would not be anyone who wouldn't want to turn these in when they left....

The only way to beat the casino is to own it
brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2010, 04:29:14 AM »

Listen pal, we've all heard about you crazies up there with your Labatt's and Moosehead! You're damn right you're a terror threat, heck, a lot of you even speak French! ttth ttth ttth

Crazy rotflmao bust gut laughing Cry Laughing rotflmao Crazy Tongue Out wave

Thanks,
Bill
jay

Total Karma Storms: 483

if you cant afford to lose you cant afford to win

« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2010, 04:39:15 AM »

Don't get me started on the French......

We had this whole Quebec separest movement. The province of Quebec who make up the majority of the french speakers in Canada wanted to suscide from Canada.
1. They wanted none of the national debt.
2. They wanted to continue Federal transfer payments (money transferred from the feds to the provincial goverments) but wanted to collect and keep their own Federal tax returns.
3. Wanted to continue to force French on the rest of the country (right now every package has to display both national languges, all goverment documents etc). I have even heard of a French speaker getting off of a failure-to stop ticket because the sign was not in both national languages).
4. Wanted to continue to use Canadian Currency.

I always mantained that it should be illegal for a member of a soverign nation to susceede, however that same nation should be allowed to sell off its territories unilaterly. My suggestion is that we trade Quebec to the US, for two NFL franchises and the US already knows what to do with the French.....

The only way to beat the casino is to own it
OhioGaming
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 297

« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2010, 06:55:22 PM »

I seen this in an email today and after reading a few of the comments I thought I would see if it was posted on the internet ..

http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/which-deserves-our-help-the-disabled-vet-or-illegal-alien/question-974661/?page=4

I hope this is not true ... if so it just isn't right.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.