Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 05:26:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  Rants and Raves (SEE DESCRIPTION BEFORE ENTERING!) (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Just my opinion,but CFH ROCKS...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Just my opinion,but CFH ROCKS...  (Read 3655 times)
Randy0777
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 311

« on: September 07, 2010, 06:39:42 AM »

Most of you know Clay from his post here (CFH). But,the detail he has put in to his web site (http://www.marvin3m.com/fix.htm )  is bloody amazing. I've been skimming over his article's for over a year. I was on his site the other day reading for about two hours,and I just barley touched it. If your not into E.M games,don't bother. I been playing with these types of games lately (He knows  wave ) ,and I feel comfortable working on them...from reading his site. I would not even say I know 1% of what he does,but its a great place for me to read (before I bother him  Crazy )

I asked his opinion the other day on me picking up a 1953 shufflebowl,which was not working. But,from reading his site...not hard to fix.

I can go on and on about how he has helpled me, however, not in this thread  yes .
Anyway,for those of you that has never been to his site. Check out one of his guides on redoing a pinball.
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 08:01:32 AM »

Clay is missed around these parts (he doesn't post here much anymore), but is a valuable asset to the pinball and slot community.  His WMS Dotmation work (repair mods and the like) are fantastic and have been used by a number of people I know to repair broken WMS power supplies.  I've had some dealings with him as well in trading parts and buying some game kits from him, and have had nothing but good experiences.

The level of detail/photos he puts into the posts on his website is fantastic.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 10:07:54 AM »

I can attest that his website is awesome!
I had bought a broken down pinball machine a couple of years ago and restored it to the way
I wanted to with the help of all the great stuff on his website.
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 01:52:54 PM »

I have also benefited from the all of the knowledge Clay has shared on his website.  Hail applause

He has extensive knowledge of the Wms reel machines, and has spent a lot of time learning and documenting the Sigma UV1700 series slot as well. He has posted several videos of them here on NLG. propeller

His knowledge of pinball is unchallenged, and we do miss him around here.

Stat garfield
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 02:09:54 PM by StatFreak » Logged

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
a69mopar
647-402-1977

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 10:50:56 PM »

I agree Randy, Clay is a very nice guy as well as being creative and intelligent. He is quick to pick up things and never lacks in trying for fear of making mistakes. (hope that makes sense).  My brother and I are the same way, but it's always better to learn where you can if it's something you haven't ventured into yet.   

My brother is a pinball tech, yeah really, and he has all of  Clay/Shaggy's videos.  The videos are well worth the money and give tips such as how to restore plastic which can be used for many other things.  How many others have made it into the wiki pages?  http://pinwiki.org/wiki/Shaggy

Here is a link to the video page: http://www.marvin3m.com/top/

Thanks,
Wayne

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.