Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 09:30:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  CDS Reel Games
| | |-+  Change credit setting ?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Change credit setting ?  (Read 7091 times)
MarkInAz
Jack of all, master on none.
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 22

« on: February 14, 2010, 02:31:35 PM »

Hi Gents,

What is the default credit setting of a CDS reel machine and can/how is it changed.  My Pick Pocket is set to what IGT would call "Standard" credits.  Put in up to 3 coins and then pull the handle.  While my friends Big Cheese machine is set to "Euro" credits (I think that's the term).  He can put in dozens of coins at one time & it will add the the total credit count.  I've looked but I dont see anything in the manual nor in the machines menu.

Thanks

Its Always Something...
paul
paul
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 20

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 05:28:45 PM »

do you have birth chips for big cheese
MarkInAz
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 09:49:49 PM »

Nope, no birth chips.  So it is selectable then?

Its Always Something...
paul
paul

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 01:53:44 AM »

with birth chips
MarkInAz
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2010, 04:11:05 AM »

Cool.  Do you have any procedures or documentation for doing this (with birthing chips) ?

Thanks

Its Always Something...
paul
paul

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2010, 02:20:11 PM »

What color is the board that game chips are in and what is the number on game chips when you have birth chips you go through all settings from scratch game , lines , coins played per line ect
MarkInAz
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2010, 04:41:58 PM »

OK Paul.  Here is what I found on mine:

My board is blue/green
The game chip numbers are: u63=L02132701 & U64=L02132702.hex
Game version reads V2.12g8 RS-V006

Its Always Something...
paul
paul

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2010, 05:00:40 PM »

Ok you need 2.12g8 birth chips also check the manual on dip settings if there is a dip for changing curency change the dip and restart game I am not at home till march I am trying to remember the reason i ask about birth chips if things go to a system error you might need to rebirth the machine so it is best to have them first
MarkInAz
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2010, 06:55:50 PM »

So is this birthing procedure just something you have to figure out or do you have a manual or document which details these options?    I have the machine manual but there is no reference to birthing particulars.

Thanks

Its Always Something...
paul
paul

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2010, 07:19:41 PM »

Do you have the userreference manual for the 320 machine go to initalize there it will tell you what to do
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2010, 03:20:15 AM »

Paul  you don't need birth chips to set credit and hopper limits. just go to config.  all dip switches are off except #2 on SW 3 ( it has something to do with the display lights ) The 220 mauual is in Submit a New File. Mark does have a set of Birth Chips if anything does go wrong.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
paul
paul

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2010, 01:55:45 PM »

Buzz I could not remember about the dip switches that is why i ask him to look in manual to see if there was a setting. The reason i mention the birth chips was if he pulled the board and got a unrecoverable error he would need chips to get game  back did not want him to have a machine that did not work. anything can happen when you touch these machines
MarkInAz
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2010, 02:17:11 PM »

Greetings Gents,

I'm still learning on this CDS machine.  I'd like to change the credit setting so that every coin will go straight to the credit meter, i.e. 10, 20, 30, whatever I put in will increase the credit meter.  I don't see a setting for that, but I do see a DIP switch for converting all bill to coins, which is not what I want to do. Curioussly, my friends Big Cheese does put all coins to the credit meter. So the opposite question would apply to the Big Cheese- can that one be set up to NOT register say 50 coins to the credit meter?

Thanks for the User Reference manual.  Is there any other documentation about the software or electronics for these machines?

Cheers-

Its Always Something...
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2010, 12:16:02 AM »

Greetings Gents,

I'm still learning on this CDS machine.  I'd like to change the credit setting so that every coin will go straight to the credit meter, i.e. 10, 20, 30, whatever I put in will increase the credit meter.  I don't see a setting for that, but I do see a DIP switch for converting all bill to coins, which is not what I want to do. Curioussly, my friends Big Cheese does put all coins to the credit meter. So the opposite question would apply to the Big Cheese- can that one be set up to NOT register say 50 coins to the credit met

Cheers-

Mark I have never found the setting you are looking for, sounds like Montana credits on a S+   I would try setting your dip switches like your Friends machine and see what happens.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.