Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 12:20:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Monitor Repair Log and Database. **Arcade and Gaming**
| |-+  Monitor Repair Tech Support
| | |-+  GameKing Monitor 19"
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GameKing Monitor 19"  (Read 6773 times)
racergiant
Contributing Gold NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 105

« on: September 16, 2008, 03:39:32 AM »

Started by thedotster -

Hi,

I've lost focus on my GameKing monitor.

It's been having moments where the screen would suddenly go very bright and completely out of focus, but would then go back to normal after about 10-20 seconds.

Now it is like it permanently from switch on. I can turn down the brightness using the controls on the front of the monitor and that pulls it back into focus, but the image is then barely visable.

Is this FBT or caps issue, any thoughts?

Also, it is a pain to have to take the monitor in an out of the cabinet to adjust the controls on the FBT as you have to wait three minutes for boot up etc before you can see the results and then repeat.

Can I make a monitor extension cable by taking a male and female molex, fixing wires between the two and putting this between the existing molex and S connector fitted to the cabinet. Then unscrew the cabinet S connector and move it outside the cabinet and plug it into the monitor outside the cabinet and adjust the controls with the power on, or is it very very dangerous touching the FTB with the power on? I suspect it is, but I'm sure I read somewhere about a test rig that allowed you to do this. I've it can be done, what type of wire would I need as I guess there are some hefty voltages involved.

I look forward to any help that can be offered.

Thanks.

Paul
MartinP
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 03:33:26 PM »

Without knowing the manufacturer of the monitor it would be hard to say what your focus issue is. It could certainly be a cap but very well could be the FBT as well. As far as adjusting the FBT with power applied, you most certainly can. You just have to be careful not to touch anything that will bite you. if you have a bunch of wire and male/female pins and a male and female connector you can certainly make an extension cable. Although for about $20 you can buy a universal (universal because it does both slant top and upright style games) extension cable.

Martin
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008, 03:18:57 AM »

Without knowing the manufacturer of the monitor it would be hard to say what your focus issue is. It could certainly be a cap but very well could be the FBT as well. As far as adjusting the FBT with power applied, you most certainly can. You just have to be careful not to touch anything that will bite you. if you have a bunch of wire and male/female pins and a male and female connector you can certainly make an extension cable. Although for about $20 you can buy a universal (universal because it does both slant top and upright style games) extension cable.

Martin

Martin,

The universal extension cable could be a great thing for our members to have, especially at a reasonable price. Would you please share where you could get and any part number information for that cable as a help to our members here? I am sure that everyone would appreciate it!

Thanks in advance!

CaptainHappy CaptainHappy
NLG ADMIN

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
theDotster
Contributing Gold NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 219

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2008, 04:24:20 AM »

I am sure that everyone would appreciate it!

Absolutley.

The monitor by the way is a Ceronix 2093. Again, any help appreciated.

Thanks

When I die, I hope my wife doesn't sell my machines for how much I told her they cost.
MartinP
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 01:12:41 PM »

I must apologize, it has been quite a while since we purchased our cable. We got our cable from Happs, which now goes for way more than I would pay so I did a little research. I found 2 options, one is the fully pet together harness for about $50.00. Here is the link http://www.americangaminginc.com/products/products.asp?CategoryId=1595&ItemId=76459 it is from AG&E. The other option would be to make your own, I just went Happs but you can get the parts from most electical supply houses and probably for a better price.

AMP Metrimate 19 pin connector
Happ# 43-0551-01 / Manuf# 208209-2  ($2.15 at Happs) - Amp .197 19 pin female housing
Happ# 43-0551-00 / Manuf# 208210-2  ($5.45 at Happs) - Amp .197 19 pin male housing
Happ# 43-0551-02 / Manuf# 1-66103-2 new ROHS # is 1-66103-8  ($0.52/ea at Happs) - Amp male pin (.197)
Happ# 43-0551-03 / Manuf# 1-66105-2 ($0.58/ea at Happs) - Amp female pin (.197)

Of course the harness is just a straight through, so pin 1 is wired to pin 1, pin 2 to pin 2, and so on.

Again I am sorry for putting my foot in my mouth, but hope this info helps.
Martin
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2008, 04:48:10 AM »

I must apologize, it has been quite a while since we purchased our cable. We got our cable from Happs, which now goes for way more than I would pay so I did a little research. I found 2 options, one is the fully pet together harness for about $50.00. Here is the link http://www.americangaminginc.com/products/products.asp?CategoryId=1595&ItemId=76459 it is from AG&E. The other option would be to make your own, I just went Happs but you can get the parts from most electical supply houses and probably for a better price.

AMP Metrimate 19 pin connector
Happ# 43-0551-01 / Manuf# 208209-2  ($2.15 at Happs) - Amp .197 19 pin female housing
Happ# 43-0551-00 / Manuf# 208210-2  ($5.45 at Happs) - Amp .197 19 pin male housing
Happ# 43-0551-02 / Manuf# 1-66103-2 new ROHS # is 1-66103-8  ($0.52/ea at Happs) - Amp male pin (.197)
Happ# 43-0551-03 / Manuf# 1-66105-2 ($0.58/ea at Happs) - Amp female pin (.197)

Of course the harness is just a straight through, so pin 1 is wired to pin 1, pin 2 to pin 2, and so on.

Again I am sorry for putting my foot in my mouth, but hope this info helps.
Martin

Martin,

Thanks so much for your excellent reply! This is the type of posts that make this site so awesome! I gave you your first plus Karma along with this thank you message! I am sure that many folks will find it to be helpful!

CaptainHappy  CaptainHappy
NLG ADMIN

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.