Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 09:55:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  Bally EM 3 Reel Model 1114 Not Paying Out
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally EM 3 Reel Model 1114 Not Paying Out  (Read 1978 times)
jcnp2021
« on: February 16, 2011, 04:29:42 PM »

I have a Bally single line payout 25 cent machine.  This machine is a em model number 1114.  I have had this machine for 20 years and never had a problem with it, but it was unpluged and has sat for about 2 years.  I recently plugged it in and it accepted a quarter, pulled the handle and none of the reel would spin.  I removed the reel unit and began cleaning the grease from spots, and got it to spin, but it seem that I must pull the handle slowly to get it to spin all 3 reels, if I pull the handle quickly the first two reels spin, but the 3rd locks without spinning, that is my first problem.  My next problem is that it no longer pays out on any winning combination.  When I cleaned the machine I did remove the reels and I am not sure if they need to go in a certain way, that is in the grooves or lock down arms.  I did not mix up the reels, but they did spin out of the order that they were in from one I removed them.  My question here is why is in not paying out on any combination?  Is there something I need to do to the hopper?  Is there a test I can do to see why it is not paying out?  Any help would be certainly appreciated. 
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 308

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 11:17:00 PM »

Hello...Make sure that your zero switch contacts on the hopper are open. Its possible that the hopper needs a little oil due to sitting. Do you know how to manually advance the hopper like during a payout? The coins go under a roller on the hopper, that pushes down a lever that advances the spiral cam and wipe on the wiper payour board. Advance that 5-10 times, then release the solenoid behind the wiper board with your finger. This will cause the spiral cam to spring back to the starting position or zero opening the contacts. As for the 3rd reel not spinning your going to have to WD40 or use a light machine oil on the back shaft of the reels assembly. There are a few pivot points there that need to be free for the reels to be kicked or spun. I had that on one I picked up last year and it had been sitting for 2-3 years. Drove me crazy till I found the sticky shaft and levers. Spray or oil them, then move them side to side on the shaft to free them up. I hope you find this helpful...  Gary

If it's jammed, force it... If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway...
frenchmarky
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 7

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 04:44:53 AM »

The reels should lock into the forward end of the slots in the chassis, and then the sprung levers hold them there.  There is a flat side on right end that should be facing forward and that will set the reels in the right position.  Make sure the levers are indeed pushing down on the axles to keep them from wobbling around, I had one that was just barely contacting it and it was allowing the axle to move around and was causing weird stuff like one reel not spinning and timing issues.  I adjusted the spring and even had to file off a slight amount off the contacting edge of those levers to make sure they would not allow the reels to shift backwards, but strong springs on them should be sufficient.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.