Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 07:55:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  Solved: Minor door closing problem on E-2226 machine
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Solved: Minor door closing problem on E-2226 machine  (Read 2241 times)
DCM1519
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 8

« on: July 05, 2011, 04:19:33 AM »

I have been having a minor problem closing the door on my E-2226 machine and can see the problem but do not know how to solve it.

When the door is closed, unless I lift it about 1/8", the tabs in the cabinet hit the vertically moving tabs within the windows (3) on the door.  These tabs extend about ΒΌ" down into the rectangular openings and block the door from closing properly.  If they were raised 1/8", the door would close easily.

I have not disassembled this part of the door but can see no way to raise these vertical tabs up enough to open up the opening and allow the door to close.  They raise and lower easily whenever the key is turned.

Unless the door is held up through the complete locking cycle, the key is very hard to turn as soon as I let off the upwards pressure  on the door.

The door appears to be a little out of line if they are a precision fitted door.  The door extends about 1/8" beyond the side of the cabinet at the top of the door and about 1/16th beyond it at the bottom of the door.  I don't think that squaring this up would move the tabs up 1/8" to allow easy closing of the door.

Nothing else that might cause the problem is obvious.

Can the Cabinet Bar Lock Tabs be lowered about 1/8" or the door Lock
Slide assembly be raised 1/8"?

Thanks
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 01:55:13 PM by DCM1519 » Logged
DCM1519

Total Karma Storms: 8

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 01:53:10 PM »

It is embarrassing to admit but this was easily solved and was not really a problem at all.  Last night, I looked at the door again and still could not find any way to adjust those tabs.  Then, I decided to put a pencil on the tabs and see if there was any slack in them.  Then, I discovered that those tabs are spring mounted in addition to going up when the key is turned.

All it takes to close the door completely is to close it to the stops and then push the door closed.

Sorry to have bothered all of you with this posting.  I could not find any tabs to mark the posting as "Solved" or a way to delete the posting.
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 04:36:13 PM »

Thanks for posting back to let us know.  +1 (Karma, or whatever)

Technically, you could edit your original post and append the word "SOLVED" to the subject, but what you've done is fine. We wouldn't want to delete the thread because it might help someone else in the future.

Stat garfield
nlg  Global Moderator

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
frenchmarky

Total Karma Storms: 7

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 01:06:41 AM »

I've lubed the locking mechanism on the door of my 873, but still if I simply close the door the key is VERY hard to turn.  Figured out that I just have to give the door a light smack after closing it to push it all the way in, then the key turns smooth as silk.  The door is just barely rubbing the wood along the bottom edge but I couldn't see any way to adjust the door upwards in my manuals, so I just stick with my little smack routine  : )  Anybody else have to do this on their machine, or is there some way to raise the door ever so slightly or some other adjustment?  Thanks
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com ™    Newlifegames.net ™    Newlifegames.org ™
   New Life Games ™    NewLifeGames ™  NLG ™ We Bring new Life to old Games ™    1-888-NLG-SLOTS ™
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.