Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 10:04:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  Bally Model 1097-4 Nickel Slot Machine Value?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally Model 1097-4 Nickel Slot Machine Value?  (Read 9126 times)
ArtK
« on: March 10, 2010, 01:42:54 PM »

My first post on this forum. My cousin has an old Bally nickel slot machine with a stand that he's had for about 40 years or so, and is thinking of selling it and asked me if I could find out the value (he's over 70, and not computer literate). I seem to have hit a roadblock, as I can't seem to find any information about it. He says the model number on it is 1097-4, and the stand is not original (at least that's how he remembers it). I've attached a couple of photos (I hope - not sure if I'm doing it right). Any information would be appreciated!

* BALLY1.jpg (884.4 KB, 792x1434 - viewed 563 times.)

* BALLY2.jpg (564.11 KB, 900x627 - viewed 677 times.)
reho33
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 146

Slot Losers of America / Tokie Owens

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 01:57:43 PM »

Charles Fey has a "Blue Book" for values of antique slots, I will look at it when I get home (at work now).

** NOTE: The information contained in any of my posts relating to slot machine ownership and use is information that I have gathered from publicly known sources correspondingly under the same protections of Free Speech governed under the Laws of the United States and Canada and is for informational use only. As is my Constitutional Right under United States and Canadian Laws the redistribution of said information is considered a form of free speech. Using this information in the United States or Canada to conduct illegal gambling in states/provinces where it is unlawful has been declared against the law in those states/jurisdictions and as such I do not advocate the illegal use of such information under both the United States and Canadian Laws. All references and examples of personal experiences are hypothetical in nature, and it is up to you to determine if the information presented is applicable to your situation or not**
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 06:08:23 PM »

Welcome to NLG ArtK wave  That is a 742A (or possibly a 742) Money Honey. I have one just like it, however, those strips don't look right. Scratch Head I've never seen strips like that.

Can you get pictures of the cabinet sides? I'm asking mostly for curiosity, but it might affect the value.

Foxsslots1 and OP-Bell might be able to shed some more light on the subject, particularly with regards to the strange strips. Maybe they were changed out? Scratch Head 2

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 323

Me at work

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 06:40:33 PM »

The model 1097 is a Navy Star Special - it is copy of the 742 - it is not a money honey.  the original navy star had yellow/orange glass.   The glass on your machine is an after market kit.
StatFreak

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 07:13:48 PM »

The model 1097 is a Navy Star Special - it is copy of the 742 - it is not a money honey.  the original navy star had yellow/orange glass.   The glass on your machine is an after market kit.

You 'da man, Barry!  applause applause You have a much sharper eye than I do. Hail Hail Hail 

I just noticed that the reel glass does not actually match mine -- I do not have a separate "winner paid" oval to the left, the red section surrounding the denomination sticker comes to a triangular point on both ends, and the left side says "winner paid" while the right says "coin accepted". There is no "insert coin" message.

I don't think that the silver and gold paint on my belly glass is that reflective, either, now that I look at it, and there should be the wording
"150
coins
"
in red in the open windows where the pictures of the coins show through.

I guess I was just so excited to finally see someone post a Money Honey with the older design that matches my machine, as almost every one that I've seen has the latter belly and reel glass designs, as well as newer styled strips.

I need a new set of glasses. Nerd   and some younger grey matter to fill in the space behind them!  Sherlock Smiley Professor  Cry Laughing Cry Laughing Cry Laughing
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 07:21:33 PM by StatFreak » Logged

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Op-Bell
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 326

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2010, 04:48:30 AM »

It would be very unusual to find a machine with genuine dummy-jackpot belly glass. It was never distributed in the USA because the Nevada Gaming Commission wouldn't allow it, and it only became well known because Bally had already printed the brochures before they submitted. The Money Honey topper is also a fake, her ribbon and bow tie are the wrong color.

If Barry didn't price it I'd be a fool to try, but my foolish guess is $400 on Ebay. Remove the topper first and sell it separately, also that nice stand which looks worth a good $100 on its own. I bet the topper and stand sell more easily than the game.

StatFreak

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2010, 06:28:45 AM »

It would be very unusual to find a machine with genuine dummy-jackpot belly glass. It was never distributed in the USA because the Nevada Gaming Commission wouldn't allow it, and it only became well known because Bally had already printed the brochures before they submitted. The Money Honey topper is also a fake, her ribbon and bow tie are the wrong color.

If Barry didn't price it I'd be a fool to try, but my foolish guess is $400 on Ebay. Remove the topper first and sell it separately, also that nice stand which looks worth a good $100 on its own. I bet the topper and stand sell more easily than the game.

What color should her ribbon and bow tie be? Scratch Head
It looks like the photo on page 237 of "...Bell-Fruit-Gum" Scratch Head 2

...Maybe too bright of a red with orange overtones?? Scratch Head
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 06:37:45 AM by StatFreak » Logged

StatFreak

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2010, 06:58:07 AM »

If the glass was never released in the U.S., then I guess I have a fake repro, too. It looks a lot more like the pictures that I've seen in books than ActK's glass. I guess they just did a better job. Crazy

Op-Bell
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 326

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2010, 07:12:29 AM »

Well, an unknown quantity of the first 742As were shipped to Britain before the style was changed, probably a few hundred. Phonographics put their own front glass in. Lord knows what they did with the glass they took out. And since Bally was all geared up for large scale production and had the brochures printed, they probably had a few thousand glass already made. So the chances are there is genuine glass around. What I meant was, it's highly improbable you could find a machine that had that glass installed originally.

On the original Honey toppers (I've seen two) she had a maroon tie and ribbon, not bright red.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.