Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 04:28:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR SHIPPING COMPANY FOR A BALLY 809?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR SHIPPING COMPANY FOR A BALLY 809?  (Read 4154 times)
RiseLikeRa
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 32

« on: June 17, 2010, 01:58:16 AM »

Hello Group:

I have a Bally 809 that I would like to transport from Southern California (Ontario) to about 30 Miles north of New York City (Pomona).   Both end points are residences but I am willing to pick the machine up at a terminal on the East coast.  I am interested in a place that will ship safely without costing a mortgage payment.  Speed would be nice but is not a primary factor.  Crating or palleting may be needed on the sending side.  Phone numbers and contacts of people used in successful transports would be wonderful.  Since I don't have a clue about this process, the names of those companies to stay away from are welcome.  Thanks for any help.  
RiseLikeRa
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 32

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 01:31:11 PM »

Since the group must not have shippers available, I will answer my post.  I ended up contracting with American Van Lines.  They charged $430 for packing and door to door service.  The feature glass was cracked upon arrival.  Unknown if it left Cali that way or was damaged in transit.  Submitted for what its worth.
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 323

Me at work

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 02:50:26 PM »

if you used a moving company - they should be insured and would have made note of any noticeable issues such as broken glass when they picked up - if it arrived broken then they would have been responsible.  I would check with the moving company.  As for shipping most of the dealers have preferred truckers and get rates based on their activity.   In your case the best move was to use a moving company;  for me to ship across country as you did - and with a residential delivery - my rate would have been close to  $300.00  - you went from residential to residential so your price is not that unreasonable - except for the damages.  Again I would confront the moving company.
Chedderboy
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2010, 01:06:44 AM »

I have recently used www.uship.com a few times and had great luck with it.  People bid against each other to pickup your machine and deliver it to the destination.  You get to see there feedback and you ultimately decide wether to accept the bid or not.  It's worked for me twice.  I had enclosed trailers with the machine blanket wrapped with no problems. 

Bally 873-A $.25 machine
Bally 1112 $1.00 machine
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.