Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 10:32:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Coin Comparitors and Other Coin acceptors
| |-+  Coin Comparitors and Other Coin acceptors. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Newbie with Coin-in Jam problem
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Newbie with Coin-in Jam problem  (Read 2727 times)
burgr86
« on: December 24, 2010, 04:54:13 PM »

I have been searching for a solution to my "coin-in Jam" problem and nothing so far has helped.  I have a Double Triple Diamond Deluxe with Cheese slot (s2000) and all of a sudden I get this coin-in jam error and have been unable to clear it.  I have followed all the tips on this board to no avail.
I have also disassembled the coin comparater and there is nothing jammed up.  Could someoneone PLEASE point me in the right direction?  One thing that I did do, was swap a power supply with another IGT machine (identical supply) because one of the two power supplies had failed (top one which disabled the top display.  After I swapped the supply that's when the error came up.  I checked all connections and made sure the supply was seated properly.  Any ideas are welcome and this is a great forum for newbies like myself.  Thanks.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2010, 05:07:05 PM »

wow...I've never seen so many coin error problems all at once...

Okay, your coin comparator has the 2 green wires on top of it?

* Wow.jpg (97.95 KB, 425x274 - viewed 238 times.)
brianfink
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 20

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 04:05:43 PM »

you might want to make sure that your power supply is seated properly and if the power supply is from an older vision machine it may be slightly different i have used one in an s2000 before without problems but never on a barcrest machine
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 05:22:06 PM »

I would power it off then check the Door I/O board and make sure it is seated.
The coin comp and optics power and signals go through the Door I/O board.

Also a coin in jam could be the optics gone bad (not very likely) the Coin Comp basically signals the machine it is allowing a coin to go to the optic (coin good signal) as the coin is passing through The pair of optics are just below the coin comp
Usually the optics are behind a black piece of plastic you can lift off when the comparator is removed.

4 i/O tests Door input test standard then cycle throught until get coin in 1 and coin in 2
They should be 1 and go to 0 and back to 1 shortly after you drop a coin in (the machine will enable the comparator so it will go through the optics if the coin is a good one)

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.