Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 11:28:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Coin Comparitors and Other Coin acceptors
| |-+  Coin Comparitors and Other Coin acceptors. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Cc no function, no led iluminated
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cc no function, no led iluminated  (Read 19876 times)
09370z
« on: May 30, 2011, 09:19:48 PM »

Just picked up an igt double diamond had multiple power distribution problems (no flourcents, front leds, bill reader problem) i have system up and running on bills but canot for the life of me get the cc to opperate.  I have power to the unit but i dont even get the power led to illuminate.  Any help woulb be much appreciated
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 09:23:47 PM »

what model Igt is it? S+? S2000? Gameking or I game? We need more info or post a picture of the machine
poppo

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 09:27:49 PM »

You won't see the LED lit with the door open.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 09:53:17 PM »

You won't see the LED lit with the door open.

Mark  On a S 2000 and a Game King the Comparator does light up with the door open

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
poppo

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 09:55:01 PM »

Oops. Good to know. I only have S+.
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 79

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2011, 10:08:27 PM »

If it is a S2000, is it in coinless mode??
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2011, 10:20:32 PM »

There has been so many IF'S here lately that it doesn't pay to ans. a post until they tell you exactly what they have or post a pic. of the machine.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
09370z
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2011, 10:47:14 PM »

Sorry, very new to this will have a pic for you when i have access.  Model# b5033cfiw if that helps thanks again for the help
09370z
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2011, 11:01:21 PM »

Deffinately an s+ model
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2011, 11:06:13 PM »

BBall to YOU Pippo, I'm an S2000 guy Hail
poppo

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2011, 11:08:47 PM »

Ok, now that we know it's an S+. Are the coins dropping to the tray or the hopper?
09370z
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2011, 11:10:57 PM »

Straight to the tray
poppo

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2011, 11:48:05 PM »

First make sure you have the proper coin in the comparator. Reseat it or put another one in. Next reseat all of the plugs (with power off). Then turn the sensitivity dial back and forth a few times and then turn it all the way ccw and then back cw just a bit.
Neonkiss

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2011, 11:48:46 PM »

You can always pull the cc out of the holder. Open the front drop down door and push the pigtail wire to the front of the door.
Then plug in the cc and close the door. Hold the cc in your hand and see if the led illuminates after the machine resets. If so, drop in a coin and see if the rake pulls. Make sure you have a sample coin in the cc. It need to be the same denom as the coins you feed in.

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
09370z
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2011, 12:17:28 AM »

Tried putting cc on outside still no led yes i do have a good sample coin in the unit..  I think it is fried. Any suggestion on where to purchace new?
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2011, 12:28:58 AM »

In the "Coins Played" window on your display, does it change when you fully close down the latch on the door?
If not then your door optics need to be looked at in order for the CC to work at all.
poppo

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2011, 12:33:23 AM »

He said it's taking bills, so I 'think' we can assume his door optics are good. But ya never know.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2011, 12:40:53 AM »

oh...sorry. I didn't see that part.
His door optics are okay then...otherwise the DBV would NOT be working....lol

Well...there's a couple of things we haven't ruled out just yet.
It could very well be possible that it's only a burned out LED lamp but the CC could still work?
I've never had a burned out LED lamp though so I cannot be certain whether or not
a CC circuit board totally relies on that particular IC component to be working -
in order for the entire coin comparator board to function?

I'd try turning the coin sensitivity adjustment dial back fully counter-clockwise to the stop point,
then turn it clock-wise one quarter of a turn and try dropping coins through it.
If it still doesn't work - then I'd go shopping for a new coin mech.

Remember, on S+'s...you need coin mechs that have the 2 gray wires on top and are rated for 24V!!!
Not the 12V ones with two green wires.
Those ones go POOF in an S+!!!
 Burning Resistor
09370z
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2011, 12:43:23 AM »

Trying sensativity adj now if still no luck i'll order a new cc and let you know hpw it goes thanks again for all your help get back to you guys soon
whinkle
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 5

V Rocks!!!

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2011, 04:54:31 PM »

I'm having a problem with my cc also.  It is a CC-16 being used in an IGT S+ Slant Top.  It worked fine last time I used it, but it has been sitting for months.  When i finally got around to powering it back up, got a Code 12.  Replaced the battery and everything comes up fine now, but coins just fall right through the cc into the hopper.  (Sample coins are identical... using brand new tokens which are all identical).  I swapped it out with my other cc and the machine works beautifully.  Should I assume that the other one is junk?  Is there anything I should look for that could possibly be cleaned?  It's weird that it would work the last time i used it and not now.  Thanks in advance for any insight Smiley
poppo

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2011, 05:03:53 PM »

Is there anything I should look for that could possibly be cleaned?  It's weird that it would work the last time i used it and not now.  

If you have not already done it, try turning that sensitivity adjustment pot back and forth a few times.. Then turn it all the was CCW and then just a hair CW. The adjustment pot can get some oxidation on the wipers if it's been sitting for a while and cause it not to work. Turning it back and forth a few times often helps.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 05:11:38 PM by poppo » Logged
whinkle

V Rocks!!!

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2011, 05:07:31 PM »

Thanks... I will try that and let you know if that worked or not Smiley
whinkle

V Rocks!!!

« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2011, 05:24:51 PM »

Ok, before I even tried that, I popped the cc out of my slot machine that works and popped it into the holder (sorry, don't know what it's really called) of the one that didn't, and it still didn't work, so I took the cc that I didn't think worked and put it in the holder of the one that I knew worked and now it works, so the problem is not the cc, but rather the holder the cc pops into.  Any idea what these cost?  Any members on here have one they would like to sell or how would I search for it on E-bay?  It is for an IGT S+ Slant Top machine.  Thanks Smiley
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 05:33:04 PM by whinkle » Logged
poppo

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2011, 05:31:36 PM »

Ok, before I even tried that, I popped the cc out of my slot machine that works and popped it into the holder (sorry, don't know what it's really called) of the one that didn't, and now it works, so the problem is not the cc, but rather the holder the cc pops into.  

I'm a little confused. I thought you already had put another CC in this machine and had it work a couple of posts ago.  Scratch Head

I swapped it out with my other cc and the machine works beautifully.

<edit> Now that i read this yet again, it looks like you took a known good CC and put it in the machine that was not working. Now the machine that was not working is working. Correct? If so, then you have a problem with the CC.
whinkle

V Rocks!!!

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2011, 05:35:40 PM »

Sorry for the confusion... I just re-read my post and confused myself lol so I edited it.  I found out that both of my cc's are good, but the holder it snaps into is no good because even the cc I knew was good wouldn't work in it.  Hope that makes more sense.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.