Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 04:06:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Coin Comparitors and Other Coin acceptors
| |-+  Coin Comparitors and Other Coin acceptors. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  trouble with Coin comparitor, please help
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: trouble with Coin comparitor, please help  (Read 28753 times)
poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2011, 07:38:58 PM »

The 25 cent is part of the top glass not the door.  I did check and there is no light for it.  No room.

Hmmm.... Just looks odd. Like it should be lit up like the 'Win up to 1000' part.
jbshocks
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 21

« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2011, 07:54:43 PM »

It would look good lit but the reels  are almost touching the glass in that location so there is no room.  FYI I set up an account with coinmech.com in order to see how the coin counting works and the cc-40 sends a 25 milli second pulse and anything shorter or longer will be considered a tilt and cause a 13 second time out.  So when I was shorting the coin in wire to ground there was little chance of hitting 25 milli seconds without causing a tilt.  Not to mention I was shorting to a damaged ground. Hopefully that info can help someone in the future.

I am still curious about those 3 wires as everything works.  I took the door apart to trace wires and there was another unused wire in there, no where near the other 3.
uniman
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2011, 08:19:33 PM »

Way to hang in there!  Clap Clap
And good troubleshooting!
That is one strange beast. The reel glass is not part of the door??  Scratch Head  Very different. And 110v in the door! They could have fried a few players!!  lightning bolt lightning bolt
uniman
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2011, 08:45:43 PM »

After thinking about it, I guess most machines have 110v in the door. Must have been for lights.
jbshocks

« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2011, 10:58:38 PM »

I just played the machine for awhile and I can see why they went out of business.  It just wins and wins and wins. I put $2 in testing and played it for for over an hour and still have $40 in it.
uniman
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2011, 12:35:54 AM »

How is the sound on the CEI? Does it have reel spin sound?

I like the led's in the door frame.

That machine may not be using a virtual stop table.
How many symbols and blanks per reel? And how many of each symbol per reel?
jbshocks

« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2011, 08:16:43 PM »

The sound seems like the are trying to make it sound like a mechanical machine.  There is clearly a reel sound but not musical.  Solenoids also bang for reel stops and handle release.  Credit and win counting is kind of a subtle beep.  The mechanical counters are fairly loud almost like they are trying  to make that part of the experience.  The win sound is kind of short and reminds me of my Grandma's old Mills.

There are 11 symbols on each reel and 13 blanks
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 10:50:39 AM by jbshocks » Logged
poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2011, 08:20:28 PM »

The mechanical counters are fairly loud almost like they are trying  to make that part of the experience.  

Lol. That's an 'experience' I prefer not to have. knockout And the clickity clakity mechanical meters are the first thing I yank out of my S+ machines.  yes
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.