Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 01:49:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  BALLY Game Maker. (Moderator: tacman)
| | |-+  Gamemaker error - cant clear - HELP!!!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gamemaker error - cant clear - HELP!!!  (Read 9833 times)
Pokernut
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 112

« on: May 28, 2010, 10:14:11 PM »

Got a stubburn here!   I have an upright Gamemaker with this error icon (see pic) on the screen.  I tried clearing several times, checked the cashbox and door switches, and the hopper,  all function correctly.  Does anyone know exactly what that icon represents?  I'm guessing the drop box.  I do not have another coin comparitor to check if the diverter on it is bad. Could that be the problem?
Thanks
Pokernut

* gamemaker 001.jpg (55.13 KB, 600x450 - viewed 251 times.)
Randy0777
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 311

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 01:03:16 PM »

It is telling you a door is open. Did you select the the right type of switch when you did the setup? My uprights are the "optic" . If yours is the switches,make sure they are good.
Pokernut
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 01:24:45 PM »

Yes, It is set up to pulse optics.  The main door, belly glass and cash door all give a different error icon. 
I thought I had just about every manual for the Gamemaker but I just cant find anything that shows that error.
Pokernut
Jimise
Don't pick it up by the candle!
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 75

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2010, 12:48:49 AM »

Hi, I think I had that error on my Gamemaker awhile back.

If I remember correctly, It was a problem with the upper switch inside where the cash can slides in. It was not closing all the way
Hope that helps!   Jim
Got a stubburn here!   I have an upright Gamemaker with this error icon (see pic) on the screen.  I tried clearing several times, checked the cashbox and door switches, and the hopper,  all function correctly.  Does anyone know exactly what that icon represents?  I'm guessing the drop box.  I do not have another coin comparitor to check if the diverter on it is bad. Could that be the problem?
Thanks
Pokernut
Pokernut
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2010, 06:31:34 PM »

Checked the cash can switch and that is working fine.   What really puzzles me now is when I try to do a complete clear on the board ( 7&8 dpsw up) the screen comes up but still has all the information on it - juristdiction, upright,coin only ect.....     Tried another clear chip - same thing.  Is this telling me that the main board is bad or that the door drop  error wont let me clear the damn board?????????????   
Sometimes you just dont have enough gin!
Pokernut
Randy0777
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2010, 07:02:29 PM »

So you cant actually do a clear? When you try,you see the settings but cant change them right? If this is it,I had the same thing happen  yes I tried two different clear chips and it would not clear...they worked fine on my other boards. A different ver. of the clear fixed mine. http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=6710.0
Pokernut
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2010, 08:38:34 PM »

You can change all the settings.  BUT, normally when you get to that screen, all the settings say " None Selected"   then you go and make all your selections.  I'm wondering why all those settings still remain when I just supposedly did a saferam and eeprom clear?
Randy0777
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2010, 08:47:30 PM »

You never read the link  Crazy I could not get rid of my old settings either. Mine would always be there,even when I put the clear in...until I tried a diff.ver.  Oh,and I was able to clear it "before" with the other clears  Scratch Head
Pokernut
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2010, 08:59:29 PM »

Read It, Tried It - Didnt work   Same Old    Damn Randy, I thought you had it man!  I told ya this one was stubburn - worse than my kid
Neonkiss
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2010, 09:20:44 PM »

You do know that the icon showing is for the cash door.
The cash door has two switches. One is very easy to see, it's on the bottom when the cash can slide in.
The second switch is in the top. This one is normally activated when you close the lock on the exterior door. Most people remove that lock and just jam something unde the switch to keep it closed. I've seen paper. peanuts and even tokens used. The switch is visible by removing the cover on the stacker and it's outboard. You can see where the cam from a lock on the door would have activated it.

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
Pokernut
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2010, 10:38:30 PM »

Heres a pic with the cashbox door open.  The icon doesnt change when you remove the cashbox.  On the screen it does say " drop door open"   The machine was working just fine for over a year.  The error icon showed up the next day afyer re-booting the machine.
Pokernut

* gamemaker 008.jpg (30.74 KB, 600x450 - viewed 260 times.)
Neonkiss

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2010, 11:10:35 PM »

OK, with the front door open, turn the reset key. This will get you into the menus.
Under Diagnostics, select PIO Test.
Under, Inputs you should have bill door, main door and drop door as shown in the pictures.
When the top switch is closed by the transport, both bill door and drop door will go out.

* DSC03491.JPG (572.82 KB, 1280x960 - viewed 241 times.)

* DSC03492.JPG (587.48 KB, 1280x960 - viewed 223 times.)

Neonkiss

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2010, 11:11:49 PM »

More picture with the switches closed and the switch that you need to look at.
Remember this is viewed from the top. Not the cash can switch on the bottom.

* DSC03493.JPG (566.32 KB, 1280x960 - viewed 242 times.)

* DSC03489.JPG (590.96 KB, 1280x960 - viewed 244 times.)

Randy0777
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2010, 12:00:33 AM »

I still say if he  cant do a clear,it wont matter   Crazy
Crowsen
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 8

“When the going gets weird the weird turn proâ€

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2010, 04:45:12 PM »

Hello,
Pokernut does the error at the top of the post say no printer? Its blury..

No man is so foolish but he may sometimes give another good counsel, and no man so wise that he may not easily err if he takes no other counsel than his own. He that is taught only by himself has a fool for a master.
Crowsen
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 8

“When the going gets weird the weird turn proâ€

« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2010, 06:16:34 PM »

Me and A Bally Technician are looking at the first error. There is a Door error. Indicated by red, bellow the blue box. Bally Tech says its either your drop door switch or a base door switch if you have yor bases wired for security. Some times a frayed ribbon or thermal printer cable will give you the same error.

No man is so foolish but he may sometimes give another good counsel, and no man so wise that he may not easily err if he takes no other counsel than his own. He that is taught only by himself has a fool for a master.
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2010, 07:21:07 AM »

Crowsen-

K+ to you from me for taking the time to try and help, and actually having a Bally tech take a look, too.  Hopefully your information will help Pokernut.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Pokernut
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2010, 06:53:31 PM »

Sorry it took so long to reply back.   Finally got the machine going.  Special thanks to Jim at Blueridge for "magic bullet" clear chip.  I tried everything - 678 dpws up - no good    Battery jumper off for 5 minutes or more - nothing   Re-re-re-rechecked the cashbox switches and coin comparitor.   The board still retained all the settings which should have been erased.  Then I got the clear chip from Jim and BINGO - the board CLEARED and  I had to make my selections.  Set up everything and that damned Door Drop error was finally GONE!!!!!!
Thanks to everyone for their help - really appreciate it   K+ to all
Pokernut
Randy0777
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2010, 07:02:51 PM »

applause
Jimise
Don't pick it up by the candle!
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 75

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2010, 12:35:15 AM »

Glad to hear you got it figured out!!   applause
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.