Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 11:09:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  **Video Gaming Machines** **General Chat**
| | |-+  NEED help with a "Games of Nevada" Poker machine GVP Model
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: NEED help with a "Games of Nevada" Poker machine GVP Model  (Read 7254 times)
mrcrazy
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1

« on: May 10, 2013, 04:47:53 PM »

well, I really dont know where to start, I have a video poker game that was given to me, its made by Games of Nevada & was made in the mid-early 80's. I have rebuilt the power train to the board, but im not getting 5 volts into the board & without schematics im pretty lost. I already found & downloaded the MVP manual, but it doesent help me at all... the design was different. I can barely find ANYTHING on these let alone for a GVP model! Does ANYONE have any knowledge on these? I have fixed a few of these older poker machines as I love them the best (even games of nevada ones), but this one is really giving me more grey hairs, been working on it for almost 5 days straight.
I would send the board out for repair if someone can help me, or a set of schematics for this would really be a plus.... I can upload pictures of the board if that helps also.

please, ANY help you can give me is appreciated.  Help

mrcrazy

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 03:26:56 AM »

Here are some pics of the game as well as the board.... I have worked on Games of Nevada pokers before...but I have NEVER seen this model!! NO ONE has any info on these?

* photo117.JPG (680.79 KB, 1632x1224 - viewed 257 times.)

* photo118.JPG (701.59 KB, 1632x1224 - viewed 297 times.)
mrcrazy

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 03:29:16 AM »

Here are some closeups of the roms as well as the number on the actual game board.

please ANY help you can give me is much appreciated.

* photo119.JPG (453.49 KB, 1280x960 - viewed 295 times.)

* photo120.JPG (483.47 KB, 1280x960 - viewed 283 times.)
CommTech
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 251

Joe

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2013, 03:46:44 AM »

Pretty tough to troubleshoot without a manual.

Besides the obvious ... bent pin on chip, not seated correctly in socket and unpopulated chip sockets.  Duh!

Best of luck to you.
mrcrazy

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2013, 04:12:39 AM »

There are A LOT of chips like that on this board...but I have seen this many times... I think they did it on PURPOSE as that gate is not used. Yeah without schematics im screwed... im hoping someone will help me... not holding my breath though as I have been all over the net looking for ANYTHING & the only thing I can find is a MVP manual & its totally different from what I have... Mine is a GVP.

sigh......
mrcrazy

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2013, 10:09:04 PM »

Still no one has ANY paperwork on the GVP (not MVP) "games of nevada" poker games?? I now have fixed the power problem, but all I have is a blue screen, so board is dead...I NEED schematics!!

please, if anyone can help me....

Greg
mrcrazy

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2013, 11:57:35 AM »

Still waiting for ANY information on a Games of Nevada draw poker machine.... Most things online pertain to the MVP model...mine is the GVP model....

please...anything?

Greg
deuce23
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 35

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2013, 05:33:48 PM »

Take a look at this thread.  http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=255.0  It's on the fortune I boards but it might give you an idea of some parts to look at.

BTW, did you see the bent pin hanging out of the socket in the bottom left of picture 119?
mrcrazy

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2013, 06:49:42 AM »

Yes, I have a FEW chips like that on this board, It appears they are bent up on purpose, I think  they arent using that gate.... I have seen this before on these games.....

Greg
JR73

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2013, 10:49:28 PM »

If you find a manual let me know. I also have the same model. I'm trying to replace the monitor.

Jim
 Me, too!
mrcrazy

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2013, 09:37:38 AM »

Well you are a in a LOT BETTER SHAPE!!! Your monitor is a standard Electrohome G07 13 inch arcade monitor, very common & very easy to find parts!!! I WISH I had that problem!!! I can also fix that chassis for you if you are weary of doing it. The real bob roberts sell a complete kit to fix yours for like 25.00... includes a new flyback, HOT, caps & such... These monitors were used in almost ANY cocktail game or game that required a 13 inch monitor....

Greg
JR73

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2013, 03:06:14 PM »

The board under the monitor is ruined as it was stored in someones garage and rats made there home in it and it was covered in pee and feces which is very corrosive. I can put coins in it and play it but it is just a guess what your hand is. It will pay out if you do it enough times and accually stand or draw a good hand.
mrcrazy

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2013, 02:06:22 AM »

then your board is WORKING!!! IS yours a GVP model or a MVP?? I have the GVP which I cant seem to find anything on... I can fix your monitor pretty cheap.... you can buy a kit to fix it yourself if you want to tackle it for about 28.00....
therealbobroberts.com    you have a G07 13inch... Mine was dead also but fixed it...now I just have a blue screen.....

Greg
JR73

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2013, 04:49:34 AM »

It's a GVP . The board that is part of the monitor chassis is what is destroyed. I really don't think it is even usable.

* Itouch photos 186.jpg (19.68 KB, 320x240 - viewed 523 times.)

* Itouch photos 184.jpg (16.24 KB, 320x240 - viewed 506 times.)
mrcrazy

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2013, 11:06:57 AM »

thats WAY fixable!!!! I have fixed WAY WORSE!! the traces are on the BOTTOM of the pcb... they will be fine.,.. I also have chassis for this... man I wish my problem was the same as YOURS!! I have a post on here with a pic of my board... PLUS I sent an email to your address on here of it too... did you see it? I dont suppose you have any paperwork on yours...thats where im getting screwed... my board has problems & I have been replacing shit on it for months...I now has the right power going to the chips but still a blue screen. If your board is similar I need to know about the roms... I have 4 roms (2716's) but 5 spaces for roms... I need to know if this is normal or if im missing a rom (that would explain why I get a blue screen no matter what)... can you please look or snap a pic & send it to me? I would really appreciate it.
Also, if I AM missing a rom or mine are corrupt, I would want to work a deal with you where you send me the chassis & cpu, Ill copy your roms so I can burn me a set & Ill fix your monitor chassis for FREE... but I know this is asking a lot as you dont know me from shit & there are a lot of scammers online... Ill think of something to make you at ease if in fact i need the rom images.... do you have a rom burner & reader too by chance??

anyways, please send me a pic of your cpu & we will go from there.... I love the old no namer video poker games & have a different games of nevada one also & its fixed & running.... but I want this one working too...

thanks,

Greg
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.