Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 06:15:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  **Video Gaming Machines** **General Chat**
| | |-+  does anybody know anything about Universal pokers?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: does anybody know anything about Universal pokers?  (Read 3656 times)
badbaud
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 25

« on: July 05, 2013, 08:03:26 PM »

Getting a constant coin in jam with door open or closed.
The customer handed us a CC40 and a CC16, neither solved the problem.
Open the door and the coin acceptor light comes on, close and it goes off.

DIP switches?

Require a laptop to set up?
uniman
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 08:46:25 PM »

Two types of Universal pokers with different MPU's. What mpu does this machine have??
uniman
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 08:49:28 PM »

Coin in jams are optics below CC-16, or CC-40, not the comparitor itself. Look for alignment issues, debris blocking optics like coin roll paper, dust bunnies. Or just bad optics.
badbaud

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 11:19:24 PM »

It's a model HR8304 made in 1993 and doesn't have optics, it uses the vend signal from a coin comparator.

MPU is not on a single board. There is a card cage on top with about 5 boards in it and has a VGA output into the monitor.

The comparator power LED is lit when the door is open (screen shows door was opened) and turns off when the door is closed.
uniman
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2013, 03:08:10 AM »

I'm only familar with the 8304 single board poker.

Sounds like yours might be an XT or Video Lottery Terminal (VLT). They use several boards including an IBM XT logic board.

Does it look like this one? http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=151.0
badbaud

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2013, 03:36:46 AM »

Well, from the outside. Inside it has a large metal cage above the monitor that contains a rack of boards.

It's definitely a XT layout but the glass does not say VLT, could be though.

There is one smaller board in the rack with a large DB connector in the front that has nothing plugged into it.

Customer got a deal on Craig's list and wanted us to get it going.

I think he got suckered.
uniman
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2013, 01:14:12 PM »

You may want to contact an NLG member named Corky777777. He had an XT and got it going a few years back. I see he hasn't been active on the site since Jan 1, but he does list an email address in his profile.

It would seem to me if the machine does not use optics then my best guess is to try a CC-62D comparitor. Universal used the CC-62D on Ultra Series slots and they came out in 94.
Also, if the machine has a cherry switch on the door the leads to it might be reversed. They can be wired NO (normally open) or NC (normally closed). This might explain why the accept coin light comes on with door open. My best guess.

I do know the IBM XT board has a Dallas key chip on it. Not sure how that works, but do know it must be there. Sounds like it has one as the accept coins light does come on.
badbaud

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2013, 02:29:34 PM »

The 62D may be the clue I am looking for.

Am 100% sure it is not  the door switch.

I'll try the comparator Monday and let you know what happens.

Clue may be we were given a 16D and a 40 with the machine but neither worked, and neither were installed when we got the machine.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.