Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 07:49:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  CDS Reel Games
| | |-+  Hand pay with altered attendant key?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hand pay with altered attendant key?  (Read 2537 times)
ShortCourse
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 2

« on: December 27, 2011, 02:49:44 AM »

Well i just bought this fella..

And its been working flawlessly.  The guy kept it loaded up with a ton of credits so when we got it home, i wanted to collect and clear them out.  It went to hand pay however.

It looks like he added a toggle switch in place of the key switch for attendant use.  Flipped down, it does into the settins menu, and flipped up its normal play.

Ive read the manual on it and it says that turn the key one way to goto the setting menu, and the other way to clear handpays and clear hard tilts.  I obviously plan on replacing this switch with a lock and key, but is there anyway around this in the mean time?  I dont see any loose or dangling wires by the key switch and theres only two wires going to the toggle, guessing you would need three for a dual position setup right?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Buzz
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 04:44:19 AM »

Unless you have small kids or someone else in your household that likes to flip switches, why change the switch.

A word of warning CDS machines are a pain and don't seem to like to be tinkered with.  If you want to do anything to the machine, turn the power OFF. I won't even remove coins from the hopper with the power on.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
ShortCourse

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 04:47:12 AM »

Because i dont think i can reset hand pays with it?

Manual says to turn one way to clear hand pays and another way to access menu.  Thats three positions.  This toggle is only two.  Game play and menu.
ShortCourse

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 05:40:15 PM »

Got it figured out.

He mounted a reset switch inside to mimic the 3rd position on the key switch.  Looked like the factory ones on an igt so i didn't think that was it.  Trick was that the door needed to be closed to do the handpay so just cheated the switch and we we're good to go.
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2011, 10:15:10 PM »

Glad to hear you got it working.  You could always install a three-position switch or keyswitch and hook it up the way it was intended for the future if you want to...

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.