Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 09:17:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Game Emulators
| |-+  Homebrew and Custom Game Emulators (Moderator: channelmaniac)
| | |-+  Home Brew TOUCHSCREEN, Multiple Slot Games & Jukebox
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Home Brew TOUCHSCREEN, Multiple Slot Games & Jukebox  (Read 25701 times)
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2011, 10:19:36 PM »

Pretty cool looking! Clap  +1 (Karma, or whatever) for sharing!

I still would expect to see a Joystick as it looks like an old school video game! bust gut laughing

CH CaptainHappy

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
channelmaniac
Surface mount soldering geek
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 568

Few things are better than fixing an old game...

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2011, 11:11:49 PM »

Pretty cool looking! Clap  +1 (Karma, or whatever) for sharing!

I still would expect to see a Joystick as it looks like an old school video game! bust gut laughing

CH CaptainHappy

Thanks, since it was a Merit Megatouch (think "bartop game") upright, it was a touchscreen game in it's previous life. No sticks needed!

I have too many hobbies! Electronics, gunsmithing, Miatas, arcade games, metal detecting, etc...

http://www.arcadecomponents.com
channelmaniac
Surface mount soldering geek
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 568

Few things are better than fixing an old game...

« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2011, 02:48:12 AM »

OK,

Here are a couple of quick pics showing the PC Keyboard guts mounted to the side of the cab. Since the keyboard was one of those silly membrane types I used a couple of 47 ohm resistors to have it closer to the resistance normally seen by the chip when the switch is closed.

The switch is mounted on the top back of the cab just behind the power switch and is connected to the pins on the keyboard controller as the <Esc> key. That way I can reach back, push it, and DWJukebox interprets that it must shut down the PC immediately - safely and correctly... which then lets me turn the power off to the whole cab.

The PC is set to automatically power up if power is lost. It's a simple CMOS setting and turns on the PC immediately when the cabinet is powered back on.

I also took one of the holes they had a locking bar attached with and made it bigger - and square. It now holds a pair of panel mount USB jacks which I can use to plug in a small keyboard and a USB memory stick. This is so I can upload more music without having to open the drawer to get to the computer. Smiley

* IMG_5957 - Copy.JPG (84.8 KB, 526x350 - viewed 302 times.)

* IMG_5955 - Copy.JPG (81.82 KB, 526x350 - viewed 266 times.)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 02:54:55 AM by channelmaniac » Logged

I have too many hobbies! Electronics, gunsmithing, Miatas, arcade games, metal detecting, etc...

http://www.arcadecomponents.com
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.