Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 07:29:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT PE and PE Plus Poker Games.
| | |-+  PE+ Monitor
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: PE+ Monitor  (Read 1624 times)
89chevyman
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 37

IMG_20120624_210335.jpg

« on: August 12, 2011, 03:47:47 PM »

Well after getting the manuals, I began my elimination process for having a black screen w/a working game. Unfortunately, I didn't have to go far to find the problem. Evidently the previous owner had had some work done on the monitor. When that person replaced it, he failed to put the mounting screw back into the monitor base Duh! Duh! Duh!. THIS I FOUND OUT LATER.  You guessed it, when I had transported the machine and set it up, I didn't notice the screen being so far back in the cabinet either. Being the anxious person I am, I turned on the machine, because after all it was working when I picked it up. That's when the the screen never came on. Well, this prompted me to pull the monitor, discover the missing screw and discover the neck board had hit the back of the cabinet Silly Me! Silly Me! Silly Me!. Needless to say, I was REALLY pissed(mainly at myself for not checking EVERYTHING before turning it on). I then decided it wasn't going to get the best of me, so I moved a few wires, checked resistors and put it back in. Fired it up and what did I get? Two scrambled/snowy horizontal sections, one one the top portion(game indication) and one towards the bottom(cards). My question after all this is, is it the monitor chassis board, neck board or something else? Plan on just replacing it, just wanted to get some input if there might be something else I can do to revive this one? Other point: when this WAS working the screen appeared to have a greenish hue to the entire picture, so I'm not all that sure I wouldn't have to replace it soon anyway. Any comments would be reassuring Scratch Head Scratch Head? Thanks for any help I can get. Sorry for the length of the post.

Chris
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.