Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 09:44:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  Places to buy a used slot machine in the Las Vegas area?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Places to buy a used slot machine in the Las Vegas area?  (Read 10191 times)
stillageek
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 2

« on: May 12, 2009, 07:35:17 PM »

I'm flying out to Las Vegas tomorrow to visit Rocky Mountain Slots. Anyone know of another slot vendor in Vegas or near Golden Valley, AZ (where Rocky Mountain Slots is located).
rickhunter
SMAA Founder and Chairman
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 226

I Void Warranties

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 08:12:04 PM »

The command center (NLG) is 1 hour away from Las Vegas.

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
stillageek

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 08:40:27 PM »

I might stop by, I assume the machines for sale here (http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=136.0) is likely outdated eh?
Brianzz

Total Karma Storms: 316

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 09:07:04 PM »

Joey always has a houseful of slots ready to sell, I'm sure you'll find something you like.
stillageek

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 09:08:27 PM »

Stopped by both Rocky Mountain Slots and New Life Games. First...the drive is WAY more than an hour...more like 2 1/4. New Life Games had a lot of interesting games, but the prices were much higher than Rocky Mountain Slots website. I ended up buying a S2000 5X Pay machine from Rocky Mountain Slots. The machine was in like new condition. The staff at both locations were very helpful. More later...time to fly home!
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 10:07:08 PM »

It's 100 miles from the Vegas Strip to Laughlin/Bullhead City. At 65MPH, and allowing for slow downs near Laughlin, figure 95-100 minutes. ..2 1/2 hours seems excessive; it's never taken me that long to drive that route. Scratch Head It would be an average speed of 40mph. Scratch Head On the other hand, if you started out from Vegas on a work day during commute hours...  muted

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
OhioGaming
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 297

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2009, 10:31:14 PM »

There goes those STATS again .. and on one drives a Z06 at 40mph.
StatFreak

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2009, 10:38:33 PM »

No one should drive that route at 40mph, even in an 18 wheeler. No one should drive it at 75mph, even in a Z06 or a Koenigsegg, unless they like paying for tickets and insurance.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
stillageek

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2009, 12:55:03 AM »

The drive time was from the rental car lot to New Life Games. Realize that the trip through Searchlight, Nevada is 25MPH followed by a 20 mile long stretch of construction at 55MPH. I don't speed and drove the speed limit the entire time.

I was very apprehensive buying a 'used' slot machine sight unseen. The machines looked great at just about every vendor's web page I visited. But were they the *actual* machines for sale. Some said yes...some said no.

When I arrived at New Life Games I was quickly greeted and shown around. I learned quite a bit about Slots. There were a few that really peaked my interest while others were just cool (the Star Trek machine was very interesting...using a light sensor to spin the reels!). I didn't find a machine that just called my name though.

Making the 20 minute drive over to Rocky Mountain Slots I was happily surprised by seeing the same slots on the web site. The EXACT same slots. The photos I saw online were indeed the same machines for sale. Again I was quickly greet and shown around. Being my first machine I wanted something relatively low cost. I found a S2000 5X Pay Machine that was almost done being shopped out in the back. The glass looked brand new, the reels were also vibrantly colored and clear. Brian and another employee showed me the ins and outs of the machine. After a little wandering around I decided I wanted it. While doing the paperwork Brian was testing the machine. He said the manual pull handle was okay, but not good enough and was having another one put on while I was there.

The machine should be crated up tomorrow and shipped on Friday. I can't wait to get it here. In addition to the machine they threw in a slot stand for free. Nice.

Next time I buy a slot I won't have to worry if I buy from Rocky Mountain or New Life Games.
brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 440

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2009, 01:39:01 AM »

Am I crazy to take 93>68 when I drive from Vegas to Bullhead City?

Thanks,
Bill
StatFreak

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2009, 03:24:29 AM »

Am I crazy to take 93>68 when I drive from Vegas to Bullhead City?

Not if they're doing construction for 20 miles along hwy 95. Your route is 130 miles and Google calls it 2:40. That's an average of just under 50mph. I haven't taken that route so I don't know if that speed is a reasonable estimation or not, but I would think that you would be able to drive it in about 2 hours.

brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2009, 04:04:29 AM »

50?  To quote Jeremy Clarkson: "Not bloody likely!"

Thanks,
Bill
rocky mountain slots
Rocky Mountain Slots
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 280

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2009, 11:00:42 AM »

hi there everybody there is construction from searchlight to hwy 40 stop and go 25 to 35 then back up to 50 thats why it takes so long to drive i go that way everyday.

brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2009, 03:38:14 PM »

Thanks for the info, Brian.

Will this construction still be going on in July?

BTW, I hope to catch you this trip. Last summer I almost got to your shop before you left, but the highway was closed because of a burning tanker. I guess the tanker wasn't used to the Arizona desert. very hot rotflmao rotflmao

Thanks,
Bill
StatFreak

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2009, 09:37:51 PM »

...but the highway was closed because of a burning tanker. I guess the tanker wasn't used to the Arizona desert. very hot rotflmao rotflmao

NO-Body ever gets used to the Arizona desert! Our chief weapon is surprise.. and heat!   Wait.. Our two chief weapons are surprise and heat... and a ruthless effeciency!    D'oh! Our five weapons, [three, sir] THREE -- three weapons are surprise, heat, a ruthless efficiency...   and an almost fanatical devotion to cactus! Cactus very hot   That tanker was probably carrying water, and it still burned. frying pan frying pan Duh! Duh! knockout knockout
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 09:45:09 PM by StatFreak » Logged

brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2009, 09:58:14 PM »

Funny thing. In California, if the tanker was burning, they'd call in Cal Fire and all engines for 6 counties around it, and dump a million gallons of water and foam on it to put it out, then spend another week and a half cleaning up the mess (including sopping up all the debris from the storm drains) from putting it out. Cactus

In Arizona, they close the highway and let it burn. 6 hours later, everything's back to normal. propeller

Thanks,
Bill
StatFreak

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2009, 10:49:33 PM »

I wonder what happens when the burning tanker is on the border, half in California, and half in Arizona?  frying pan frying pan Duck! Duck! Duck! frying pan frying pan Weird Eyes

brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2009, 10:54:00 PM »

The cops on the California side bust out cheese and wine for fondue,  wine champagne
and the cops on the Arizona side bust out the all-beef hot dogs! Dancing Party BBQ

Thanks,
Bill
tacman
NLG Document, Media Gallery and FAQ Writer

Total Karma Storms: 446

Genius in training.

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2009, 10:54:28 PM »

Easy, Arizona uses a bulldozer and pushes it completely across the border into Cali !! Duh!  bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing

Dan (tacman)

Just like police dragging the body across the street to another jurisdiction!  rotflmao

StatFreak

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2009, 11:04:45 PM »

The cops on the California side bust out cheese and wine for fondue,  wine champagne
and the cops on the Arizona side bust out the all-beef hot dogs! Dancing Party BBQ

Easy, Arizona uses a bulldozer and pushes it completely across the border into Cali !! Duh!  bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing

Dan (tacman)

Just like police dragging the body across the street to another jurisdiction!  rotflmao

bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing

That only works if the AZ guys get there first. Of course, the CA team would probably PULL it over the border into California just to make sure that all of the proper environmental concerns get addressed, so it won't really matter who gets there first. arrow fruit Help

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.