Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 04:28:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Bally E-2388 error code 0 - - - - -
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally E-2388 error code 0 - - - - -  (Read 2450 times)
hilsat
« on: October 26, 2009, 03:25:22 PM »

I have a Bally E-2388 slot machine that shows 0 - - - - - when powered. Relay behind hopper makes buzzing noise changed it out but still buzzing. I know nothing about slot machines. Trying to fix for my sister. Can any one give me a good place to start to resolve this issue.
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 323

Me at work

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 05:38:03 PM »

you have a board problem - most likely the MPU - start at the power supply - check the voltages on the power supply (located behind the hopper to the right of the fuses) - has test loops  5,  7.5 and 10v DC .
remove the hopper - remove the reel mech - see if you have any change - reseat the connector on the right side of the power supply (do so with the POWER OFF).  If still a 0 - detach the thin grey ribbon cable that connects the MPU (left wall of machine) to the IO board (back wall of machine)  - if still 0 - then most likely the mpu has failed - if you get 500000 - then the IO board has failed.
hilsat
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 12:02:50 PM »

Readings on the power supply board are 5.00vdc 6.51vdc and 8.48vdc. Have tried removing hopper and reel mech with no change. Looks like power supply board.
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 323

Me at work

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 01:13:28 PM »

power supply is within acceptable range - did you remove the ribbon cable?
hilsat
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 01:17:40 PM »

Yes I did remove the ribbon cable no change.

I swapped out the power supply for a working one and no change. I am thinking it may be the MPU. I do have another MPU in a working machine but do not want to sacrifice it by swapping it out if there is another problem that may render it bad. Also pretty sure the IO board is bad also. Swapped it into the working machine and it would no longer accept coins.

Where would be a good place to buy a working MPU and IO board for this machine?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.