Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 08:51:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  Welcome wagon and General Chat (Off-Topic Post Welcome) (Moderator: Ron (r273))
| | |-+  karma/karma storms
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: karma/karma storms  (Read 7718 times)
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 499

« on: February 09, 2013, 12:37:27 PM »

What is karma/karma storms on this site and how do you give positive karma to another member and how do you receive negative karma?
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 12:47:06 PM »

You build karma when you help people or otherwise do something that they appreciate. You lose it when you piss someone off or otherwise make them unhappy. You can add or detract from someones karma using the thumbs up and thumbs down symbols located below your karma indicator. Yours was at zero, I'll add one to put a positive mark on your day. A karma storm is when someone goes through and gives good karma to everyone involved in a particularly difficult topic upon it's resolution or whatever. Be careful how you use it though., karma has a way of biting us in the ass
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 363

PET

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2013, 12:52:10 PM »

I also give you 1. +1 (Karma, or whatever)
Ford
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 01:13:42 PM »

Well I do try to help in anyway I can from time to time, I guess my problem is that I have not been doing the thumbs up/karma when so many members here have helped me out on many occasions. I apologize for not doing so in the past. So to give someone positive karma, you just do it in a thread by posting the +1 symbol or the thumbs up symbol?

Thanks,

David
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 363

PET

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2013, 01:17:33 PM »

click on the thumbs up
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2013, 01:22:59 PM »

thanks!
Joeylc
Founder and CEO of New_Life_Games_LLC
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 287

KG7NLG

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2013, 02:17:26 PM »

What is karma/karma storms on this site and how do you give positive karma to another member and how do you receive negative karma?

I just looked at your profile your karma was at 138 + and 137 -   hissy fit hissy fit   for a total of 2 + karma ........  looks like some is giving you a lot of - karma some users are Ass H%oles   frying pan frying pan

So we reset or removed your  - karma to 0 if we find out who is stuffing the karma box it will be the big Nuke 'em, Danno  for them....    if some one pisses you off fine 1 or 2 negative karma's are called for but 137 negative is B.S.  ttth ttth

arrow arrow we now return you to your regularly scheduled program already in progress  arrow arrow

Joeylc NLG ADMINISTRATOR

P.S Did you piss some one off  bust gut laughing bust gut laughing stir the pot / get cooking stir the pot / get cooking just asking Duh! Duh! I do it all of the time  yes yes yes

"The Seeds of our Ultimate Destruction are Slowly and Quietly being Planted in the Fertile soil of Political Correctness”
                                                                   Joey Carruthers 2011

Hottest day in the United States recorded August 11, 1983 at 2:21 p.m. was 132 F. - recorded in the shade at the Bullhead City Fire Department. 
BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

I Have gone to find myself, and if I get back before I return, keep me here!
  ???

1-888-NLG-SLOTS 928-754-4147
e-Bay ID NewLifeGames_net
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2013, 02:26:21 PM »

Not that I know of Scratch Head, I try to be respectful and thankful to everyone, but perhaps they could have PM messaged me if I had done something wrong. Scratch Head
DannyG804
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 190

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2013, 03:34:45 PM »

Glad to see the boss step in on this one. Seems as though there are a few members here who love to dish negative karma. I guess it makes their day to do that. I have spread out plenty of  +1 (Karma, or whatever)'s because so many members here are just flat out great!!!!
Joeylc
Founder and CEO of New_Life_Games_LLC
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 287

KG7NLG

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2013, 03:36:32 PM »

+ NLG ADMINISTRATOR karma for you.... stir the pot / get cooking stir the pot / get cooking stir the pot / get cooking  Life is good.......like the Wheel Of Karma..  bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing  

"The Seeds of our Ultimate Destruction are Slowly and Quietly being Planted in the Fertile soil of Political Correctness”
                                                                   Joey Carruthers 2011

Hottest day in the United States recorded August 11, 1983 at 2:21 p.m. was 132 F. - recorded in the shade at the Bullhead City Fire Department. 
BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

I Have gone to find myself, and if I get back before I return, keep me here!
  ???

1-888-NLG-SLOTS 928-754-4147
e-Bay ID NewLifeGames_net
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2013, 03:39:42 PM »

Yeah, god forbid anyone would actually tell someone they were giving them negative karma, it would take all the mystery out of it. I like Joeys analogy
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2013, 03:46:00 PM »

Thanks for the positive karma guys, hope to be able to answer more questions than i ask soon.
Jimise
Don't pick it up by the candle!
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 75

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2013, 09:37:23 PM »

Here's another one for you   yes
Thanks for the positive karma guys, hope to be able to answer more questions than i ask soon.
mvco
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 41

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2013, 10:50:39 PM »

And another one.  A few weeks ago, someone knocked what little I had down a few rungs, as well.  No idea why. guess we just cannot take it personally.  But did make me wonder, for sure.
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2013, 01:40:22 AM »

I must have made someone mad again, I've lost karma points here recently. I guess I'm asking to many technical questions, I just don't get it.....................I have never posted a negative karma on anyone here, I'm very thankful for all the info that I receive from fellow members and I actually can help out from time to time myself. I'm still in a huge learning process about slots so I apologize again if I have offended someone with so many questions.
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2013, 03:06:00 AM »

Maybe we could switch over to a 5 star rating system of some kind and take the karma thing out of it altogether. Or  at least disable the negative karma button like has been done before. We could have it wher if you want to derate someone's karma then you have to send a request with your reason for the derate  to a karma czar that would be appointed by Joey or someone he picks to find said czar and that person would have to review your reason and grant the derate or shoot it down on the grounds that the requester forgot to get his big girl panties out of the dryer or whatever. The positive karma button would stay active as normal. I think this would solve a lot of problems...
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2013, 03:15:40 AM »

great idea cowboy! Karma to you! +1 (Karma, or whatever)
CVslots

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2013, 04:55:12 PM »

Why don't we just not take karma so seriously? It's pretty obvious that its easily manipulated, and some members seem to make it a hobby. Watch some of the new members and you'll see some have more Karma than posts (I guess that's possible: post a couple times and have us all just LOVE it, but when has that happened?). I use it as a gauge to see how helpful someone's been, but not much else.

I must say I disagree with the idea of submitting the neg Karma requests. Way too much could impact those decisions (friends, enemies, opinions, personal feelings, competition, lack of info, etc.). You can't make everyone "Like" everyone, because then we would be Facebook....if you're gonna do that, just take away Karma entirely.

Just my 2 cents of course...

Roz

cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2013, 06:17:14 PM »

I was poking fun at the "czars" in Washington Roz
CVslots

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2013, 06:39:53 PM »

Whew, I thought that was an odd statement for you to make!  We don't seem to disagree on too many things. I thought you were getting all sappy on me. I don't get about 9 outta 10 political jokes...no surprise I missed that one.  rotflmao

cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2013, 07:56:21 PM »

I'm sure Joey will do what needs to be done though I'm also sure that he finds trying to keep track of some of the petty crap that goes on around here akin to herding cats. All part of being a family though, right? rotflmao
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2013, 08:17:21 PM »

looks like the karma elves came to visit last night sorry I forgot to put out milk and cookies, thanks to whoever bumped it up for me.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.