Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 09:09:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  Welcome wagon and General Chat (Off-Topic Post Welcome) (Moderator: Ron (r273))
| | |-+  Have I missed anything?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Have I missed anything?  (Read 2720 times)
poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 248

« on: August 14, 2013, 07:20:06 PM »

Been a while since I've been around. I've been pretty busy with some other projects and taking some classes (HVAC). So, other than the home TITO threads which seem to have gotten fairly large, anything else of significance going on these days?
Neonkiss

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 09:41:36 PM »

Besides the fact that Bunker can now program and control his slot machine through his home thermostat.   Crazy

New career move? Good field these days, stay with new construction.

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 192

Insert Coin

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 10:00:41 PM »

Nice to see you around Mark. I do my best to help the S plus questions but I'm no expert. Welcome back! I still haven't installed that scrolling sign in my slot yet... hmmm maybe it's project time?
poppo

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 10:09:27 PM »

New career move? Good field these days, stay with new construction.

No, I just did it for my own benefit. I'm retired and plan to stay that way. I just got tired of getting ripped off by AC techs. The last one (almost 2 years ago) charged me nearly $500 claiming I had a leak and needed 5lbs of refrigerant. Funny that it was working the day before and has held a charge ever since. What the real problem was, was the drain had gotten clogged up causing the evaporator to pan to fill and start to freeze. Once that happened, the whole coil froze.

If anyone ever calls an AC guy to come out and he claims you need refrigerant, be sure to tell him you want to see the tank weight BEFORE and after. I'm 100% sure they never put any in, but charged me for it. Since I never asked to see the before weight, I had no proof that they did nothing.

Plus now that I have my EPA card, I bought a 30lb tank of refrigerant for less than what that service call cost me. And now I feel confident that I can fix anything that goes wrong, and/or replace the whole unit if I ever need to.

poppo

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2013, 10:18:55 PM »

Nice to see you around Mark. I do my best to help the S plus questions but I'm no expert.

It's been so long, I don't think I remember much. I look at some of my own projects and go Scratch Head how did I do that.

My summer project was installing this 1.5kWh solar panel setup. I would not call myself a "prepper", but I really think something bad is going to happen in the not too distant future (i.e. economy collapse).

* project.jpg (342.89 KB, 1000x750 - viewed 169 times.)
Neonkiss

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2013, 11:16:21 PM »

Haaaa,
Ya I remember when a 30lb tank of R12 was like $20.00
We use to just blow it off to purge the lines.

Then laugh and say "There's another Polar Bear wearing a bathing suite".... Silly Me!

* global-warming-polar-bear.jpg (32.78 KB, 445x640 - viewed 186 times.)

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2013, 03:10:35 AM »

Welcome back -- glad to see you again!

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.