Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 07:10:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  Welcome wagon and General Chat (Off-Topic Post Welcome) (Moderator: Ron (r273))
| | |-+  9/11 Twelve years later. where were you ???
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 9/11 Twelve years later. where were you ???  (Read 2995 times)
Joeylc
Founder and CEO of New_Life_Games_LLC
NLG Site Administrator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 287

KG7NLG

« on: September 11, 2013, 01:27:43 PM »

waving flag waving flag waving flag

"The Seeds of our Ultimate Destruction are Slowly and Quietly being Planted in the Fertile soil of Political Correctness”
                                                                   Joey Carruthers 2011

Hottest day in the United States recorded August 11, 1983 at 2:21 p.m. was 132 F. - recorded in the shade at the Bullhead City Fire Department. 
BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

I Have gone to find myself, and if I get back before I return, keep me here!
  ???

1-888-NLG-SLOTS 928-754-4147
e-Bay ID NewLifeGames_net
crgadyk
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 35

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 01:43:34 PM »

In college, walked into the athletic complex to talk to my track coach early that morning and everyone was either staring blankly at TVs or crying. Was standing in front of the tv as the 2nd plane hit the building. Just going from what they thought was an accident to knowing it wasn't was a very odd feeling.
rickhunter
SMAA Founder and Chairman
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 226

I Void Warranties

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 03:26:39 PM »

On my way to a business trip that morning.  Obviously didn't get to go anywhere that day, but I was getting dressed when I was watching the news and saw the 2nd plane hit the building.  Hard to forget.  Then as I was on my way back home from the airport as all flights were canceled, the first tower collapsed.

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
4 Deuces
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 698

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 04:04:51 PM »

That was my first year in Las Vegas and I was working for National Airlines.  My mother woke me up that morning with a phone call from Florida and told me to put the TV on.  I saw the 2nd plane hit and immediately got ready to go into work.  I was the Webmaster and knew I had to put something on the web site.  National Airlines closed their doors a year later. 

waving flag
PLUNGER BOY
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 255

plunger buddies DEAD BOO HOO

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 05:59:52 PM »

I walked into one of my plumbing wholesale companies and they had just put in a flat screen TV at the order counter . Everyone was watching what I thought was a movie trailer . I said its time to remove the TV if you can't get waited on in here . The group of people then told me we were attacked . I said by who space aliens ? They said NO seriously . As I watched about a minuite later the second plane hit the second tower . I picked up my materials and left . I turned on the radio and the news of it was on every Channal .guess I need to listen to the radio more often . God bless the ones that were lost or hurt by this act of cowardness P.B.

SELL me your  TERMINATOR  I GAME TOP GLASS AND BELLY   ( Round Top )
uniman
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2013, 12:09:25 AM »

I was in a construction design meeting with engineers, we were putting together a planned chemical building that would hold 10 tons of chlorine gas and 10 tons of sulfur dioxide gas. We turned on the training tv/vcr and watched it all unfold. In design meetings afterwards extra security was added to the building design that before was considered optional but now required.
Fourbyracer
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 234

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2013, 07:55:17 AM »

I was answering 911 calls and dispatching units in Southern California as the first tower was hit.  The next week was so surrealistic on 911 with people reporting anyone they saw that looked arab and people freaking out at the sight of any aircraft in the sky  (remember they were all grounded).  Our police choppers and aircraft, along with medical transports, etc were exempted but every time one would fly over a city, we would get calls.  Sad time in America but I will never forget those that gave their lives.   343 Firefighters and 60 police officers died at the World Trade Center--Hero's all  waving flag

What we do in life, echoes in eternity...
Styx

Total Karma Storms: 15

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2013, 12:48:35 AM »

I had just been woken up by a phone call from my bank, to tell me they thought I was a great customer, and wanted to offer me a job. It was the weirdest call ever. I hung up the phone after taking down information for an interwiew. I was trying to decide if I should quit my current job, and I turned on the TV. The first tower had recently been hit, and I didn't move from the TV the rest of the day.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.