Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 03:22:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Bill Validators and Currency acceptors
| |-+  JCM DBV-45, DBV-145, and DBV-200 Bill Validators.
| | |-+  I'm not giving up!!!!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I'm not giving up!!!!  (Read 9914 times)
HOGCAT
« on: October 31, 2009, 09:38:38 PM »

I am sure my 4th of JULY slot has the DBV-200 Bill Validator in it.  Here is the video of the noise it is making.

I got a set of chips to turn on the validator "ON".  As far as I know it says its on.  The assembly seems to be seated back into the two little prongs right.  The plug on the rear of the bill box holder has no wires hooked to the switch.  Does it need these wires???  Here is a picture.  There are NO wires hooked to switch, even though it looks like there are wires going to it.

I also noted that on the transport assembly there is 2 belts.  The top, or "idler" belt does not turn easily.  I think it has gotten real stiff over the years.  Here is a pic of that.

And the door switch on the lock box for the bill storage has been by-passed.  Will this let it not work???

Here is the main power supply box.  Is any plug missing that would stop the validator from working right????

Here is the game and reel chips in it.

I have a bunch more pictures if you need more pictures or other info I will help ya all I can!!!!

I really want to get the validator working!!!   HELP!!!!

GARY

« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 09:56:19 PM by HOGCAT » Logged
HOGCAT
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 09:43:03 PM »

Here are a couple more pics of the validator

Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2009, 09:57:38 PM »

The Cherry switch at the back of chassis is not needed.

Op Bell is the JCM DBV Guru on here. he probably can tell you exactly what is the issue.
Can you tell exactly which is making that soun, the head, transport or cash can/stacker?

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
HOGCAT
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2009, 10:01:19 PM »

The Cherry switch at the back of chassis is not needed.

Op Bell is the JCM DBV Guru on here. he probably can tell you exactly what is the issue.
Can you tell exactly which is making that soun, the head, transport or cash can/stacker?

Its the black head assembly for sure.  If I flip it open the little motor runs that is in the black box, not the gold colored motor on the transport assembly.  That motor never does nothing.
Op-Bell
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 326

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2009, 01:17:29 AM »

The sound is the transport motor trying to start, finding it's jammed, stopping and springing back - the tension in the transport releases. The problem is in the rear section. It could well be the top belt sticking.
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2009, 03:36:53 AM »

Does your DBV power supply have ventilation slits? If not, it may not be supplying enough current and could be part of the issue. It's hard to tell from the one picture. Scratch Head (the third picture in reply #1).

Op-Bell is the expert; I just thought I'd mention it since it can't hurt to check and the top of the supply looks very dusty (hence, it has been in place a long time). stir the pot / get cooking

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Op-Bell
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 326

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2009, 06:33:29 AM »

I don't really know that much about trouble shooting DBVs - that would be Operatrix Bell, and she's out of town for three weeks and doesn't have an account here anyway. JCM Tech might be a better person to call - send him a PM in case he isn't browsing the topic.
Ron (r273)
NLG Welcome Wagon & General Chat
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 401

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2009, 10:57:44 AM »

HOGCAT there are two pieces of info on the DBV-200 in the "Submit a new File" section someone just loaded..... wave

Hope it may help to understand what's going on inside it.

Ron
Neonkiss

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2009, 10:58:15 AM »

I don't really know that much about trouble shooting DBVs - that would be Operatrix Bell, and she's out of town for three weeks.....

OH NOOOOO........
Home alone without supervision.
What will you do for the next three weeks?   frying pan frying pan frying pan

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 440

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2009, 11:29:13 PM »

And a big K+ to you , Op, I've been having the same symptom for a while now. The BV will always start working after a while, but it's been driving me nuts.

The lower belt was walking over to one side and rubbing the housing. I need to see if I can adjust the alignment of the bushing on that side to restore the shafts back to perpendicular. If not, I'll need a transport. Who knows how long I would have put up with this if you hadn't identified that noise?  Hail applause applause

Thanks,
Bill
HOGCAT
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2009, 11:55:52 PM »

Does your DBV power supply have ventilation slits? If not, it may not be supplying enough current and could be part of the issue. It's hard to tell from the one picture. Scratch Head (the third picture in reply #1).

Ya, it has vents in the power supply.  The first click noise is in the validator, the second click is in the transport.  It the solenoid that lifts up the 2 forks that would stop the bill from going into the bill storage box.  Just figured that out today.  I am watching a couple of assemblys on eBay.  Might just buy one and see if that fixes it.
HOGCAT
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2009, 12:23:59 AM »

Now another person is telling me this

"I believe the game chip you have the SP932 is a special game chip for New Jersey jusisdiction and is only for a WBA bill acceptor and not the dbv-200...I believe you need the SP1271 game chip, then the BV chip should work."

Here is the chips in my machine.  Is he right that I have the wrong chip for a DBV-200?????  I have a set and clear chips that I tried  to set the validator with, but it did not seem to work right.

Ron (r273)
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2009, 01:51:46 AM »

Look in the "Submit a new File" again.  SP932 PSR.

Ron
HOGCAT
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2009, 10:12:43 AM »

Look in the "Submit a new File" again.  SP932 PSR.

Ron

I guess my computer will not download that type of document.  I have a friend that probably will probably be able to do it later.  Thanks.
Ron (r273)
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2009, 11:01:20 AM »

Look in the "Submit a new File" again.  SP932 PSR.

Ron

I guess my computer will not download that type of document.  I have a friend that probably will probably be able to do it later.  Thanks.

It should open up with Microsoft Office Word.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 11:49:25 AM by r273 » Logged
HOGCAT
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2009, 08:51:55 PM »

I downloaded it at my friends office yesterday.  Thanks for the info.

I took out the SP932 game prom, and put in a SP1271 to see if that might of been the problem.  Did the "clear" & "set" on it.  The only differance is the music that plays during the 4th of July spinning.  I think next I am going to buy a transport assembly.  Any one have a good spare laying around?????
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2009, 04:06:56 AM »

I downloaded it at my friends office yesterday.  Thanks for the info.

I took out the SP932 game prom, and put in a SP1271 to see if that might of been the problem.  Did the "clear" & "set" on it.  The only differance is the music that plays during the 4th of July spinning.  I think next I am going to buy a transport assembly.  Any one have a good spare laying around?????

You don't need to do a clear when you change chips. It is very rare to have to do a clear on an S+.

<ADD> Since you have a 4th of July kit, I suggest getting SP1048. That chip will allow you to set separate hopper and credit limits like the SP1271, but will also allow you to select one of seven different songs to play during the respin feature (your old SP932 had that feature as well). The SP1271 plays only one song. If you can't find that chip, the more common SP731 will allow the song changes at the expense of being able to set separate hopper and credit limits.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 04:13:50 AM by StatFreak » Logged

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
HOGCAT
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2009, 11:43:33 AM »

Another question about this switch on the backside of the bill stacker.  It is I guess to tell if the bill stacker box is in the machine.  Like the picture shows, there are no wires hooked to it.  I guess the optical sensors that look through the box are all that is needed, right????

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2009, 03:03:55 PM »

I could be wrong, but I think you can bypass that optic switch just by wiring them up together.
Careful though, don't get them backwards...
fanninislots
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 86

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2009, 04:01:55 PM »

Hogcat,

Have you changed the cash box? Also you need to update the program in the 200 head so it can take the newer bills. Give a call 928-768-3113.

Ben

HOGCAT
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2009, 06:53:15 PM »

I got a good used transport assembly today.  And guess what???  IT WORKS NOW!!!!!!!!  It takes almost all the bills out there except the new purple $5.00.  So I want to be sure to THANK all you who tried to help me in my problems!!!!
Neonkiss

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2009, 08:49:30 PM »

I got a good used transport assembly today.  And guess what???  IT WORKS NOW!!!!!!!!  It takes almost all the bills out there except the new purple $5.00.  So I want to be sure to THANK all you who tried to help me in my problems!!!!

Glad to hear you got it fixed. applause
Like the title said, "I'm not giving up" and you didn't

K+ for sticking with it until you got repaired and posting back the fix for it.

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.