Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 04:31:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Bill Validators and Currency acceptors
| |-+  JCM DBV-45, DBV-145, and DBV-200 Bill Validators.
| | |-+  DBV-200 - Spins at startup, lights up, won't feed bills??
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DBV-200 - Spins at startup, lights up, won't feed bills??  (Read 7759 times)
Johnny K
« on: November 12, 2009, 02:05:17 PM »

DBV-200 in a slant top machine.

At startup it spins, and makes the normal startup noises..spinning, grinding, whatnot..  It lights up and I can see the red lights lit up.. But won't do anything when you go to insert a bill.

No changes to any chips, it just stopped working one day.

It has been suggested that the power supply is "weak".. possible?..  I hate to drop $50 on that to find out it's fine.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Johnny K
Cleveland, OH

dpalmi
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 291

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 02:23:30 PM »

Hello Johnny K!

Welcome to NLG!  You found the best place on the net to get help with slot machines Smiley

My first question would be, does the yellow bezel just above the bill acceptor light up?  I've circled what I'm talking about in the picture below - I know the picture is an upright machine - but it should be the same on your slant...

Dan #2

* IGT DBV Bezel.jpg (63.98 KB, 600x617 - viewed 242 times.)

A great man once said, "I was told last time I would get a piece of cake."

Johnny K
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, 02:42:21 PM »

Mine looks like the attached.  The yellow area below the slot (anout 1/2" below the slot) does not illuminate..  I'll have to take a picture of mine tonight and post.. and possibly a short video of the starup (if necessary).  the three red lights in the slot do illuminate and if I'm not mistakem the slot itself lights up.. green?

At one point I did go into the settings to verify it's turned on as well.. that was a while ago.

Thanks,

JK

* slot_doublediamondslant.jpg (87.09 KB, 311x480 - viewed 282 times.)
Johnny K
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2009, 01:23:29 AM »

Picture when on.  Green light around opening on, red lights inside on.. No illumination below opening.. I don't think that has a light..

JK

* IMG_3451.JPG (906.34 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 268 times.)
Johnny K
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2009, 02:03:08 AM »

Small video at startup..

JK

* MVI_3454.mpg (370 KB - downloaded 118 times.)
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2009, 02:35:51 AM »

My suggestion is to use the S+ output test to test communication between machine and DBV
1 Press the self test switch, until you see 2 in coin in display and 10 in the winner paid display.
2 Turn JP reset key until you get 26 in the winner paid display.
3 Press Spin Reel switch. the DBV bezel should light up.

IF it does not work check connections between machine and DBV.

The other possibility is that the denomination is set to 0, in which case the DBV will not function when machine is ready for play.
To check that press the self test switch until you see a 6 in the coin played display and a value in credits display, if the value in the credits display is 0 then the DBV will not function.

Foster

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
Johnny K
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2009, 11:15:52 AM »

Thanks for the suggestions and detailed instructions:

- Output test, pressing the Spin Reel Switch, the Bezel does light up, but only when the switch is pressed (it doesn't stay lit).  I see that there are lights there now!

- When doing the 2nd test, I get 6 in the coin played and a 5 in the Credits and 00 in winner paid.

Thanks again,

JK
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2009, 10:33:19 PM »

That tells us the DBV is connected to the machine properly since the output test enabled the bezel.

That is a unusual output for the denomination test.
6 showing in the coin played and something in both the winner paid and credits display.
Can you double check the 2nd test,

Open the door, press self test until you see a 6 in coin played. the value displayed in the credits display, or the winner paid is denomination in cents. 1 = penny, 5 = nickel, 10 = dime, 25 = quarter, etc.
if you get something in both, note what it is, then close door, let machine return to idle mode, ready to play.
open door again, press self test switch until you see 4 in coin played, the credit display will alternate between 2 numbers, one is your SP (game) and the other is the SS (reel) chip. you may also have another number show up in winner paid that is the game type.

Johnny K
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2009, 11:27:29 PM »

Coins Played = 6
Winner Paid = 00 (weird cause it should be 25 for quarters??)
Credits = 5

Coins Played = 4
Winner Paid = 0 and 4926
Credits = 0731

Thanks!

JK
Johnny K
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2009, 11:32:50 PM »

I just pulled the board:

Reel Prom = 4926
Game Prom = 731
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2009, 12:54:15 AM »

Do you have a set chip?

Set chip is used to change the denomination.
Set 15 will work, you can also use a newer game chip if you like.

SP 1137 or 1271 seem to be the most popular one for home users.
SP 1137 for Montana Style credits, extra Coin in goes to credit meter or tokenization, each coin equals more than 1 credit.
SP 1271 because you can have different Hopper, Credit, Jackpot and BV limits.

SP 731 hopper/credit limit and Bill validator limits.

Johnny K
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2009, 01:18:20 AM »

Thanks again for the help!

No I don't have a set chip, but it sounds like I should get one..  and possibly the latest (or last and final) bill chip for it to accept all bills.. (I think they stopped updating them??)  Any suggestion on a vendor?

In the meantime, I'm going to take the BV power supply to my buddies house since he has a couple slant tops and I'll swap it out just to be sure it's not s power supply on it's way out.  I have an email from another person a from a few few months ago when I tried to fix it before..

I'll keep ya posted!

JK

Johnny K
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2009, 02:08:23 AM »

Hmm... does anyone know if the DBV-45 or 145 power supplies have a different plug on the end (perhaps two 3 pin connectors) instead of the 6 pin, all in one connector that's on the DBV-200 power supply?..  Looking at mine closely, it appears I have two 3 pin connectors, taped together to fit the 6 pin config on the DBV-200..

Just a theory, but I could have the wrong power supply..  Secondly it has writing on on the bottom that I can't read clearly... but it appears to say "replaced cap" and has a date...

JK
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.