Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 05:16:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Universal Reel/Video Games. (Moderator: uniman)
| | |-+  MUSTANG -UNIVERSAL SLOT MACHINE...TILT
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: MUSTANG -UNIVERSAL SLOT MACHINE...TILT  (Read 8547 times)
GAMESOFPRESCOTT
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1

« on: March 01, 2012, 05:38:48 PM »

WE HAVE A MUSTANG -UNIVERSAL SLOT MACHINE THAT IS SHOWING A TILT MESSAGE,CAN YOU HELP RESOLVE?
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 05:49:19 PM »

Uniman is the guy you want to speak to about Universals.
He's pretty much the NLG resident expert on that platform!  yes

uh...you caps are stuck in the "On" position on your keyboard...
Makes it appear to everyone that you are yelling at us.
If my boss ever yelled at me - I'd quit!
It's a good thing you are not my boss... rotflmao

By the way, what is the tilt message saying..."Tilt" ?  arrow

* Screaming.jpg.jpg (15.22 KB, 350x311 - viewed 1651 times.)
GAMESOFPRESCOTT

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 06:26:11 PM »

Thank you, we have already spoken to Uniman and he just said that he doesn't like to mess with Mustangs, and wasn't able to figure out what is causing the tilt.  We like the machine as it is different, tried to switch out tokens and go back to quarters without a resolution. 
By the way, my husband isn't yelling, he's just too lazy to turn off the caps lock.............     Scratch Head
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 06:29:31 PM »

lol that's okay, I love posting that picture when people type with caps locked on... rotflmao

I don't know anything about Mustangs other than that I can ride on one okay...lol
But I do have an idea how slot machines work...
What denomination is the machine set for when it was tokens - 25 cents?
If you went back to the tokens again - will it work?
uniman
Topic Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 10:15:36 PM »

With every TILT light there should be an error code flashing in the WIN meter. Is there anything in the WIN meter?

I know a bit about Uni's, just not the topbox bonus meter on the Mustang. The Mustang topbox errors are numbered in the 60's, I believe.
With other Uni TILT errors I should be able to assist.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 10:28:36 PM by uniman » Logged
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 01:54:40 AM »

what problem are you having with the machine?   I may be able to help.

Jim

* 2012-a 003.JPG (316.71 KB, 1280x960 - viewed 619 times.)

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
GAMESOFPRESCOTT

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2012, 02:35:54 PM »

THE MACHINE IS FLASHING THE FOLLOWING #'s.......13-31-11-50
jbshocks
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 21

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2012, 03:40:48 PM »

My uni's are ultra which is a little different and these. All your errors  look machine related not top box so I am sure uniman can help you out some.  Below is from a sticky posted above on error codes.  13 should not be an issue, it should go away once the others are cleared.  I am guessing you have a 50 because the door is open.  If you still have 50 with door closed then you may have an issue with a switch.  11 is low voltage,  does it go away after the machine is on for a minute?  If so the power supply could have been slow to come up to full voltage.  If it stays on it has an issue with the power supply.  For 31 I would reset the machine and see if it comes back.

From error code sticky:

Universal Error Codes

11    Low Incoming Voltage
12    Ram Error
13    Power Interruption
14    Excessive Credits
21    Coin In Jam
22    Excessive Coins Inserted
31    Hopper Over Pay
32    Coin Out Jam
33    Hopper Empty
41    1st Reel Improper Spin
42    2ndt Reel Improper Spin
43    3rd Reel Improper Spin
44    4th Reel Improper Spin
50    Door Open
51    Door Open while Reel Spin
52    Coin Test with Door Open

If malfunctions mentioned below happen, the following error codes are indicated on the "WIN­NER PAID METER". At the same time, the "TILT" lamps on the reel glass and the tower Light (except in case of the error code "50") are turned on, the error sound is activated and the game becomes invalid

ERROR CODES    

TROUBLES
11    LOW VOLTAGE
12    BATTERY POLARITY
21    COIN JAM
31    COINS OVER-DISPENSED
32    HOPPER JAM
33    HOPPER EMPTY
41    1ST REEL SPINNING IMPROPERLY
42    2ND REEL SPINNING IMPROPERLY
43    3RD REEL SPINNING IMPROPERLY
50    DOOR OPEN

LOW VOLTAGE "11"
If voltage temporarily drops, the error code "11" is indicated on the "WINNER PAID METER", the "TILT" lamps are turned on, the error sound is activated and the game becomes invalid. However, when voltage recovers to the rated minimum, the machine is automatically reset within 2 seconds and the game becomes valid. Please note that the display of the error code "11" still remains on the "WINNER PAID METER" even after the machine is automatically reset. It will be cleared when a next game is played.

BATTERY POLARITY "12"

If the voltage of the built-in battery is lower than the rated one when AC power is "ON", the error code "12" is indicated on the "WIN­NER PAID METER", the "TILT" lamps are turned on, the error sound is activated and the game becomes invalid. In such a case, the built-in "RAM" has not memorized the previ­ous status. Therefore, it is necessary to com­pletely clear the "RAM" memory. Press the "ALL CLEAR SWITCH" being located on the "MAIN LOGIC BOARD" and at the same time, switch on AC power. Please note that you have to keep pressing the "ALL CLEAR SWITCH" at least 2 or 3 seconds even after switching on AC power. Through the above procedures, the "TILT" lamps and the error sound can be turned off. Also the error code "12" can be cleared and the game becomes available.

CO IN JAM "21"
If it takes more or less than the time being fixed for a coin to pass through the "COIN SWITCH", a coin passes the "COIN SWITCH" from down to up, or some coins are jammed at the "COIN SWITCH", the error code "21" is indicated on the "WINNER PAID ME­TER", the "TILT" lamps are turned on and the error sound is activated. The "COIN SWITCH" is using two photo sensors, which not only count the inserted coins but also protect a machine against "STRINGING". Press the "RESET SWITCH" to clear all the above. If coins are jammed around the "COIN SWITCH", remove them before pressing the "RESET SWITCH".

COINS BEING OVER-DISPENSED "31"

If the "HOPPER UNIT" pays out more coins than the coins being won or pays out coins except when they are won, the error code "31" and the numbers of coins being over-dispensed are indicated on the "WINNER PAID METER", the "TILT" lamps are turned on and the error sound is activated. During this status, the game is invalid. In such a case, press the "RESET SWITCH" to clear the status of the error code "31". Please note that the numbers of coins being over-dis­pensed are totaled to the "METER READ­ING NO. 3 (TOTAL OUT)" and the "METER READING NO. 9 (OVER PAID)".

HOPPER JAM "32"
If the "HOPPER PAYOUT COUNTSWITCH" is switched on for 2 or 3 seconds by some obstructions like coins being jammed in it, the error code "32" is indicated on the "WIN­NER PAID METER", the "TILT" lamps are turned on and the error sound is activated. If this happens, press the "RESET SWITCH" to clear the status of the error code "32" after removing such obstructions.

HOPPER EMPTY "33"
If coins are not paid out within 9 to 10 seconds after the "HOPPER UNIT" starts running, the error code "33" is indicated on the "WINNER PAID METER", the "TILT" lamps are turned on and the error sound is activated. During this status, the game is invalid. This error normally happens when there are no coins in the "HOPPER UNIT". Therefore, refill the "HOPPER UNIT" with coins and press the "RESET SWITCH" to clear the status of the error code "33". Then close the "FRONT DOOR". The "HOPPER UNIT" starts to pay out the balance.

1ST REEL SPINNING IMPROPERLY "41"

In case the 1st reel spins improperly or does not spin, the error code "41" is indicated on the "WINNER PAID METER", the "TILT" lamps are turned on and the error sound is activated. In such a case, the status at the time when the error happens is maintained until the status of the error code "41" is cleared by pressing the "RESET SWITCH". Please note that the reel spinning sound changes to the error sound 15 seconds after the said error happens, and also that the game being in progress at the time when the said error happens becomes invalid. Press the "RESET SWITCH" to clear the status of the error code "41.

2ND REEL SPINNING IMPROPERLY "42"

In case the 2nd reel spins improperly or does not spin, the error code "42" is indicated on the "WINNER PAID METER", the "TILT" lamps are turned on and the error sound is activated. During this status, the game is in­valid.

3RD REEL SPINNING IMPROPERLY "43"

In case the 3rd reel spins improperly or does not spin, the error code "43" is indicated on the "WINNER PAID METER", the "TILT" lamps are turned on and the error sound is activated. During this status, the game is in­valid.

DOOR OPEN "50"

In case the front door is open, the error code "50" is indicated on the "WINNER PAID METER", the "DOOR OPEN" lamp (yellow color) on the tower light unit is turned on and the error sound is activated every 2 minutes. During this status, the game is invalid but can be tested by using the "COIN TEST SWITCH". The "DOOR OPEN" lamp and the error sound can be turned off by closing and locking the front door. However, the error code "50" still remains on the "WINNER PAID METER" even after the front door is closed and locked and can be cleared only
when a next game is played. Please note that  the insertion of coins during this error is the  same as using the "COIN TEST SWITCH" and is not added to the "TOTAL IN COUNTER", Also there is no actual payout even though you win
GAMESOFPRESCOTT

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2012, 04:05:53 PM »

We pressed the reset,made sure door is shut completly.........seems to be functioning correctly,Thanks
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2012, 04:19:30 PM »

Excellent, excellent post JB!  applause
I think it helped out that guy a lot!  yes
Karma + to you!  Clap

Heck! I'll give everybody one kudos + in this thread! lol
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2012, 05:01:15 PM »

Glad that is was a simple soft reset.  In the future, anytime you get  a tilt code  usually pressing the reset button and closing the door will usually do it. the button is usually  yellow  all though I have seen green ones.

If you want to see something in action, you could usually hit the reset, pull out the white cherry switch, and let the door open, but turn the lock as if it were locked, and you could observe what was going on while the machine went through a cycle.

I know universal wasn't as user friendly as other manufacturers, in so far as being able to use quarters and tokens  out of the same hopper. the coin in was easy to do.

Enjoy the machine, Universal was ahead of itself in its technology, that was one of the first bonus games (top box)  that I came across.
the machine I have was made in 1993.

Bunker,  Thanks for the  +1 (Karma, or whatever)  back  at you.

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.