Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 10:04:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  Dead MPU?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dead MPU?  (Read 27492 times)
Harvs
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 218

« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2013, 03:17:17 AM »

I'm sure you could swap it, then Re-Configure NetPlex Devices in the menu, and the other BV will work, but that really doesn't solve why this MEI isn't working for you...

Are there any identifiers on the MEI? Like Software Version?

To be honest, I've never seen that model of MEI in a pn S2000, but I'm sheltered.... Help
Wait.. You said re-configure.. Can I try that with this unit? I have no clue if this BV ever worked with the machine from the start.. Just got it (the machine) about 2 orders from you ago..
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 01:42:49 PM by Harvez » Logged
proten
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 210

« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2013, 12:34:21 PM »

Here is the manual it will tell you what to do with the switches.

http://na.suzohapp.com/service_center/pdf/support/MEI/zt_technical_manual.pdf

One step at a time.
Harvs
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2013, 12:42:05 PM »

Here is the manual it will tell you what to do with the switches.

http://na.suzohapp.com/service_center/pdf/support/MEI/zt_technical_manual.pdf
Nice.. Thank you
Harvs
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2013, 01:25:04 PM »

GOT IT WORKING!!!  +1 (Karma, or whatever)'s

I had to change a few dip switches (Thx Proten!) And had to Re-configure it.. (Thx Roz!!)

Thanks to all!  Clap

Now I just have to change the sticky 'O' rings on the cash can (I read a post someplace about that) , and then see what bills it accepts other then $1. (I normally carry only $1000 bills and one $1 so will have to make a run to the bank...)

HarvezZ
CVslots

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2013, 01:50:06 PM »

Sweet!!! Good job!

Harvs
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2013, 01:58:37 PM »

Sweet!!! Good job!
Thx.. Now to see if the Jackpot works on this bad boy!!

(p.s. I am interested in that Bulls-eye kit you have. Chat soon!)

Harvs
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2013, 05:40:28 PM »

Almost have the Jackpot working..Ha

* t1.JPG (368.78 KB, 1296x968 - viewed 205 times.)
wdg61
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #57 on: July 21, 2013, 09:31:43 PM »

My 1st post...similar situation, looking for some input. My dad and I have several IGT's. S2000 4x Diamond started giving intermitten trouble (door closure M , several others I don't recall, etc). The door optics were bypassed by previous owner years ago & has worked without problem. A week or 2 of intermitten errors we decided lets replace the cr2330 coin battery & go from there. The old battery tested @ 2.78V so felt comfortable having it replaced. Old battery was cr2330 with black ring and very narrow tabs. we replaced with cr2330 yellow ring with same positioned tabs only slightly bigger so we trim the wider tabs down to matching narrow. The other green battery was eliminated and a jumper wire installed years ago.  Re-installed MPU, turned unit on, fluorescents lit up, no displays, all LED's on mpu on, with the red flashing. Checked all connections, inspected for bent pins, etc. Took mpu out of working wild cherry, inserted in Diamond, displays work showing netplex link down, then went into Eprom mismatch. Put the nonworking diamond mpu in wild cherry and again fluorescents come on, but no displays but all LED's on mpu on, with red flashing. Also did this swap with my tabasco with same exact results.  Based on these conditions we believe the problem is isolated to mpu. Just seems strange that we started with a playing, intermitten error unit, decided to replace battery and now have a non working unit. The mpu is a 502A with the 155 game proms. Think it's safe to go down path of defective MPU?...thanks Bill
qbert
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 30

« Reply #58 on: July 21, 2013, 10:15:51 PM »

Are you sure you got the polarity correct on the battery you soldered in?
wdg61

« Reply #59 on: July 22, 2013, 01:08:03 AM »

By polarity do you mean the +/- terminal lineups?  old battery looks like it would have been cr2330/guf...new is cr2330/hfn........dimensions, features, volts, etc are exactly the same except the guf tabs (or legs) .75 wide and new hfn tabs are 1.8 wide and would not fit into holes on mpu, so trimmed (cut) them to size and soldered on in. I don't solder, I have a local TV repair shop do it. battery & install are identical to the other s2000 units we have and appear to be correct. still this lil nagging voice says the only thing that has changed is battery (and it tested low). so how did it go from bad to worse. I was not able to duplicate / find the guf battery online so hfn seemed the way to go. a side of me wants to remove this battery, find the small tabbed cr2330, possibly without the black ring,( which mite be just cr2330/GU   but will need to dig some more to verify), install it, and see what happens. it all just seems too coincidental, but its electronics so...
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #60 on: July 22, 2013, 01:55:28 AM »

Pull an old socket of a crappy CPU mother board and just buy cr2330 batteries off the shelf at radio shack
wdg61

« Reply #61 on: July 22, 2013, 02:18:21 AM »

I am not a repair guy, just a guy that has some toys so old crappy mpu boards are not lying around. And I am not sure what you mean by "sockets". The battery does not drop into a holder that is soldered  to the board. The tabs are integrated ( a part of, built onto ) the battery. They are not separable from what I can see. we thought about opening up the mpu tab holes to accept the HFN battery without trimming,  but did not wanna oversize em and potentially damaged the trace lines.
CVslots

« Reply #62 on: July 22, 2013, 02:29:54 AM »

What does your "new" battery test at?

wdg61

« Reply #63 on: July 22, 2013, 02:43:32 AM »

New battery test @ 3.05........I  just tried the mpu again in my good working tabasco. Same old problem. Then I pulled mpu tray out some and slammed it in. Powered it back up. Went thru the testing memory cycle, then showed ram error. (where we had no display any other time, in any of the machines using this mpu  ) This makes me think we had no interface previously because of poor connection / seating. I will take it by dad's in the morning, firmly seat it in and see what we get. If there is display then I'm thinking we just go thru the resets and hopefully homefree.
CVslots

« Reply #64 on: July 22, 2013, 03:19:36 AM »

Lets see what tomorrow brings!  yes

Meanwhile, where the heck have you been? Just lurking? We could probably use you once in awhile around here!  yes

-Roslyn

wdg61

« Reply #65 on: July 22, 2013, 03:38:16 PM »

AOK....all systems go......began with a very firm mpu/tray install (a slam actually) the 4x Diamonds powered up & displayed. Had to go thru 15 or 20 resets, power on/offs, test switch hits, but it got a lil further along each time til finally aok..... It had:  main door open, call attendant, eprom mismatch, loss of critical data, candles flashing, Ram errors, reel tilts,MB door open, stacker door open, and on & on........but thru repeated on/offs, resets, tests, etc it got further along or did someting different each time......I think it was just cycling thru recalibrations, etc.......persistance paid off here ...(so far anyway )...time will tell                                   
wdg61

« Reply #66 on: September 16, 2013, 12:13:03 PM »

UPDATE.......four times diamond starting acting up again....erratic errors, tilts, etc........lotta different fooling around, swapping boards, chips, etc (have 4 machines but newbie to attempting repairs & a lotta mistakes made along the way)).........anyway this is where I am at........12 of 2003, four times diamond, 25 cent, with BV, cpu brd is model 1952-0, SG 363 (was 155, broke some pins, read where 363 was better route ), VS 09GX0, SB 100196...........have a tested good replacement cpu, have used clear & key chips 97/17 and 224/31......results are same. I get thru clear & key chip procedure up to point where power game up & should display 7key chip config.....it never shows that. it displays "key chip access failure"........if I hit jackpot reset the display reverts back up a couple steps in reset process where it displays "call attendant/machine type mismatch".............when I go into 4.1.1.1 it shows machine is set to 1 - upright. all I can access is acctg, i/o test & history).............I have no clue where to go from here
rickhunter
SMAA Founder and Chairman

Total Karma Storms: 226

I Void Warranties

« Reply #67 on: September 16, 2013, 12:56:29 PM »

Just to eliminate this step, after doing a clear, do you put in the SB chip and power up game before key chip procedure?

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
wdg61

« Reply #68 on: September 16, 2013, 01:08:30 PM »

Yes....I am using the 14 step ram clear procedure sheets. All is as should be up thru step 11. Step 12 where it should display 7 key Chip Config is whats NOT happening.
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #69 on: September 16, 2013, 01:32:27 PM »

Try this using your 224 and 31 chips. Run the full clear using the 224. After you get the two amber lights power the machine down and replace the 224 with the 31. Power the machine back up. After you get your 2 lights power it down again and replace the 31 with your SB chip and power it back up making sure to keep the door open. Closing the door with the Sb chip in after running the keychip will negate the keychip process. Should go to key chip menu. Just out of curiosity, are you using door optics on your machine or have they been bypassed?
wdg61

« Reply #70 on: September 16, 2013, 02:53:27 PM »

Optics have been bypassed. Did try your suggestion. It did force me to close door when resetting ram & eprom errors but once done did come up to 7 key chip config.......didnt have my sheets in front of me but did play around with this a lil....looks like a whole lotta 7.1.... items to go thru.......I have a manual, will have to read some more, cause this whole affair seems like a lotta resets are needed or at least confirmed. almost overwhelming, but will read up and go thru 1 step at a time. Thanks for getting to this point. appreciate it...I'm sure I will be back for more help in next day or two......done for today
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #71 on: September 16, 2013, 03:05:17 PM »

You'll get there, one step at a time...
wdg61

« Reply #72 on: September 23, 2013, 01:01:28 PM »

Thanx Cowbpygames. Went in next day, took it 1 step at a time. Completed , no problems, been playing normal for about a week. Thanks Again !!.........now moving on to Slam Dunk s+ that I bought several months ago ( not playing, cheaP $$$ ) .......just replaced mpu ( erratic errors, rusty trace lines, not playing, etc ) and gotta work thru programming this thing & see where I am at on it.......right off the batt no candle lites on ( Except when open door), no errors on display, BV not lit up (but can hear the initial start up gers cycling), no buttons are lit, coin comparitor green lite is NOT on,  coins played flashing "0", reels do go thru initial spin start up cycle, ....hoping just gotta go thru resets / reprogram
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 01:21:12 PM by wdg61 » Logged
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #73 on: September 23, 2013, 03:05:02 PM »

After changing the MPU you'll likely need a BV set chip to activate the BV before it'll work on that S+. If you have power related problems look at the plug from the power supply where it goes to the motherboard as bad connections there are a common problem
wdg61

« Reply #74 on: September 23, 2013, 04:38:17 PM »

okay thanks....have a bv set ship so will do that.also since post........tried dropping coins in , they hang up in the coin accept mech, had to remove lower large metal chute cover to reach up in & fish out coins. Now the candle top light stays , chart says its a change door closed. hafta to read up on that.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.