Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 04:37:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  Dead MPU?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dead MPU?  (Read 27485 times)
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #75 on: September 23, 2013, 05:28:14 PM »

Sounds like you don't have a sample coin installed in the coin comparator.

S+ the LED on the comparator will not lite up with the main door open. The only way I know to check it is pull if loose from the bracket, let it hang from the wires, close main door and open belly glass door.

On the coin optics board ( green board right below the comparator ) You will see a real small button, press this button a couple of times and with the main door still open press the spin button. The machine should have played one game.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
wdg61
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #76 on: September 24, 2013, 03:18:15 AM »

sample coin installed properly. however the comp assy was not snapped into place at top. snapped into place, pressed the comp button, it gave credit, hit spin, played a game .re-powered, closed everything up, machine now plays coins as it should. BV is not lit. not sure how to do the BV chip set but will read up on it. thankscowboy, buzz, & CV
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 03:29:33 AM by wdg61 » Logged
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #77 on: September 24, 2013, 03:53:15 AM »

Woohoo!!! Good job!i thought it might be a hardware issue! Cool!  applause applause applause

wdg61

« Reply #78 on: September 24, 2013, 10:41:51 AM »

DBV enable HELP. I went thru the process. When I got to the 9 0 credit window it was already on 9 1. I set the denomination to 25 ( this is a qtr machine) is this correct? Went thru the rest of the process - BV does not work. It will cycle on initial start up but no lites, wont accept bills. Last nite the bv routinely made noises like it was trying to power up while I was playing it. But now it does not.......thinkin maybe I will go thru the  whole process again....UPDATE I have gone thru the process again, exact same results.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 11:41:37 AM by wdg61 » Logged
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #79 on: September 24, 2013, 12:37:21 PM »

If it cycles repeatedly while the game is running correctly otherwise I would look at wire connections and cashbox door switches. Also make sure the transport, head and cash can are all seated and locked in properly. Make sure there are no instructions or dirt hindering any connections or operations
rickhunter
SMAA Founder and Chairman

Total Karma Storms: 226

I Void Warranties

« Reply #80 on: September 24, 2013, 01:51:09 PM »

Do you know if your DBV power supply is known to be in good condition?

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
wdg61

« Reply #81 on: September 24, 2013, 02:07:21 PM »

I have no clue what dbv power supply is and this si a recent purcahse that was not working so I have no clue Rick. I am in process of cleaning machine now. Plugging & unplugging, Inspecting, etc.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #82 on: September 24, 2013, 02:13:52 PM »

Look at reply #23 in this thread.    http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=4226.msg8620#msg8620

The wires that are pluged into the BV on your left side go directly to the BV power supply ( it's only 6 or 8 inchs from the BV )

wdg61

« Reply #83 on: September 24, 2013, 02:53:24 PM »

black plastic mounted on side it looks like. any way to know if good? my s2000 tabasco does not have this box on side
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #84 on: September 24, 2013, 03:07:11 PM »

I really hate to be the one to tell you this, but the BV power supply won't be the only difference you will find between a S 2000 and a S+.

wdg61

« Reply #85 on: September 24, 2013, 03:20:34 PM »

yeh I kinda figured, but thot I'd give it  alook. Looks to me like there are 2 separate circuit brds under that cover. The larger one  looks to me like it has several areas that have overheated. Fuse is still ok but i have a feeling this brd isnt. it is dbv-145-ss in this machine. in looking at posts the consensus is junk and go with 200 head & ps. I really dont wanna spend any more on this than I have to as I have other countless projects waiting that will also need $$ spent (Konami racing arcade, Golden Tee golf arcade, pinnacle shuffle alley)..i will look for cheapest route, if I dont like the $$ I will let this machine be a coin only and live with it.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 04:01:45 PM by wdg61 » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.