Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 07:40:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  HELP!!!! (RESOLVED+)
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: HELP!!!! (RESOLVED+)  (Read 8692 times)
sturgeongeneral
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 22

« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2013, 02:07:16 AM »

A faulty cabinet I/O gives hopper errors and Coin-Out Jams usually. Never heard of it giving a meter error. So, to recap, you are saying this is what's happening:

With Cabinet I/O installed: all dark except for MPU light and coin comp
With Cabinet I/O removed: meter error and Door Open

I can get a Cabinet I/O out to you tomorrow, but I'm not sure that's your problem. You turned machine off and reseated MPU board, correct? Even if you never removed it, it could have jiggled loose, but you really shouldn't even have any lights on it if that was the case...

With the small piggyback board that clips into the main board metal enclosure nothing works except for the flashing lights on the main board and coin comparator light. If I unplug (remove) the small board the machine starts but gives the meter unplugged/door open error.
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2013, 03:09:36 AM »

Roz, I was under the impression that the cabinet I/O board interfaces the meters to the system?

That may be true, I have just never witnessed a Meter Error caused by one. If the Cabinet I/O controls/interfaces with the meter, then it is operating normally if when he unplugs/removes the I/O, the meter error appears on the screen. Now the Door Open M, that's just telling us the door is open, which it is, if he's inside unplugging the I/O.

Something is fishy with the I/O if when he plugs the board IN, the machine goes dark though....and then responds as it should (meter error and Door Open M) when the I/O is removed.

Mirage_Chaser
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 7

« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2013, 11:36:53 AM »

Just to clarify things a bit. When the lights on the logic (AKA MPU) flash there is a short somewhere. Absolutely the IO card being bad/removed can cause the meter disconnected error as I have seen it personally.

If I am not mistaken the solenoid for the handle is also operated by the cabinet IO so that is likely where the problem originated. Removing the IO board removes the solenoid form the circuit so the IO is not necessarily bad but you know it is either the IO card itself or something after that in that circuit. It is unlikely that it is the meters unless you got them wet or something. Or possibly a pinched wire when you reinstalled the solenoid?

And just to be clear the "small piggy back board" is the cabinet IO card. You will have a similar IO card in the door running the button lights and switches.

I want to win by winning... (J. Lemos)
rickhunter
SMAA Founder and Chairman

Total Karma Storms: 226

I Void Warranties

« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2013, 01:15:15 PM »

So my educated guess at this point is, disconnect the solenoid and insulate the leads to prevent shorts and re-connect the I/O board and see what happens.  Something might have gone wrong during the solenoid cleaning.

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
Mirage_Chaser

« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2013, 02:47:54 PM »

That is a good suggestion. The one caveat is that it is possible that the IO card is now bad as well. Even if the original failure is remedied you may still get the active short in the IO.

Just something to be aware of.

vtyler

Total Karma Storms: 32

« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2013, 09:05:23 PM »

when looking at a schematic of the LOWER CABINET INPUT/OUTPUT board yes it handles the meters the hopper and the handle input. so it sound to me like maybe a output to the solenoid somehow shorted to a connecter to the micro switch that is the input from the handle and is ether confusing the i/o board or fried it entirely.
CVslots

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2013, 11:20:28 PM »

Make sure the 2 wires coming off the solenoid are not touching the cabinet. They could be shorting something out.

Scratch Head Scratch Head

vtyler

Total Karma Storms: 32

« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2013, 12:22:28 AM »

make sure the handle mech is wired properly replace LOWER CABINET INPUT/OUTPUT board if it still doesn't work its time to call a tech.
sturgeongeneral
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 22

« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2013, 10:05:44 PM »

I ended up being the handle solenoid. I had only disconnected one wire but when I totally removed it all is well. It appears that the solenoind's coil was internally shorting.
Mirage_Chaser

« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2013, 10:11:46 PM »

Great to hear and good job!  applause applause

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.