Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 07:35:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  S2000 reel conversion findings.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: S2000 reel conversion findings.  (Read 2613 times)
rickhunter
SMAA Founder and Chairman
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 226

I Void Warranties

« on: September 23, 2013, 03:27:47 PM »

Ok, here's the story.  Purchased a 5 reel coinless (No coin handling stuff inside at all) led backlit machine with enhanced MPU board.  Ticket printer and DBV with lastest software.  Being the warranty voider that I am, I started to convert it to various configurations.  The following are my notes and findings.

1st was to convert to narrow 5 reels to use other 5 reel kits instead of hunting for the wider 5 reel kits, this would allow for greater access to kits.
a.  The narrow reels require a different shelf.
b.  The narrow reels require a different reel glass, the spacing is different.

2nd.  Add coin equipment to machine.
a.  I was able to add coinhead and coin-mech.  Coins accepted no issues.
b.  Hopper needed a shelf as the machine did not have one.  Tested hopper working as it should.
c.  My machine had a plate at the bottom of the door that completely sealed the door, so for coins to go through it, that plate needs to be changed, waiting on parts.
d. Must enable split pay and remember to setup hopper limits in order for it to work right, and make sure coinless is not enabled.

3rd was to convert to 3 reels
a.  You CAN use the led backlit controller with the incandescent 3 reels.  I installed Hundred or Nothing this morning and the game works like a charm using the original LED backlit controller.
b.  The 10 button panel CAN be used with a 3 reel game, the caveat is that you loose the "spin reels, bet one, credit/cash buttons"  The max bet, cash out, and service button work.  So if you don't mind doing max bet every time, you don't have to swap player panel to play.  Of course if you want it to "look original" then you have to swap.

4th is going to be changing to a short reel setup, but that is pending various parts.
a.  The player panel for long reel and short reel uses a different harness, you really need to have two player panels, otherwise you have to switch harness when you want to change over, which is kind of tedious with all the buttons and tie wraps that are needed to keep it neat.
b.  I am not sure if the ticket printer's harness will reach to the motherboard, if not will have to make an extension harness.

Recommendations.
1.  Use a LED style backlit controller, it works in all configurations so you don't ever have to switch this part out.  Get a spare, and sell off your older style 3 and 5 reel incandescent controllers.
2.  You DO need to use the incandescent harness with incandescent reel setups.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 02:07:32 PM by rickhunter » Logged

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
rickhunter

I Void Warranties

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 12:03:34 AM »

Well the conversions continue:

Converted to a 3 + 1 using the following parts.

3 + 1 shelf.
5 reel incandescent harness with reel jumper plug at position 4
3 standard backlit reels
4th bonus reels with chase light assembly
3 + 1 reel glass.
harness with y adapter that connects to spare senet connector on backplane.
2 pin jumper plug that supposedly tells system there's a 4th reel installed.

Notes:
I used an enhanced board setup and kept the LED backlit controller, and it worked right.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 02:02:11 PM by rickhunter » Logged

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2013, 12:16:15 AM »

That's some good information Rick, thanks for sharing your experiences applause You are definitely a glutton for punishment though...
idesign
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 509

If it aint broke why mess with it?????

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2013, 11:10:48 AM »

I have no problem using a LED backlight controller for either type of backlighting.  I switched between 3, 4 and 5 reel all the time.  I used the LED type controller since it such a pain in the rear end to change them, but found out there really is no reason to.  That's with 504 and enhanced MPU boards.
rickhunter

I Void Warranties

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2013, 01:54:39 PM »

Yes, this morning, I switched my mom's machine to an enhanced board.  I think what was happening since all but 4 bulbs were out, there wasn't enough load to keep them dim.  I have since been able to use 3 reel and 3 + 1 reel configurations with an enhanced board, LED controller, and incandescent reels.  With the incandescent type controller, the 5 reel setup behaved appropriately even with all but 4 bulbs blown.  So I'm thinking there's something to the load being applied using the LED controller, but as long as most your bulbs are good, there should be no issues.

DannyG804
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 190

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2013, 11:44:41 PM »

I know I've inquired about these possible setups and you helped me plenty. So  +1 (Karma, or whatever) for that and for posting this to help others. Wait til I fry something,  I'll just blame you!  bust gut laughing Cry Laughing

Danny
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.