Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 06:23:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  Help Needed: Modifying s-2000 to pay one coin and Automatically reset handpay sw
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Help Needed: Modifying s-2000 to pay one coin and Automatically reset handpay sw  (Read 2767 times)
pinball2000
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 25

« on: September 27, 2013, 02:02:43 PM »

Hello All, Im working on a S-2000 slot and I need to modify the machine to pay ONLY one coin on any win. The rest of the credits need to disappear, The machine needs to be ready for more play on its own  after a payout of only one coin. I realize I can set the max coins payout to 1 and larger wins will require a handpay/key reset. Im working on a circuit which after a 2 coin+ win the hand pay key switch signal would be closed for 1 second and the machine would inturn "reset itself" Unless someone has an easier method. Thanks in advance.  John Ross Scratch Head
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 09:56:16 PM »

I hope you are ready to learn SAS (Slot Accounting System - IGT)
The S2000 can be have the hand pay remotely reset via SAS command
can be done on a Arduino and a Max232 (EIA232 driver/reciever)

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 10:22:18 PM »

Or a momentary switch on the player panel to replace the key switch on the side. They'd still have to push it, but it would be simple. Depends on the environment it's going to be used in I guess
vtyler

Total Karma Storms: 32

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2013, 01:54:24 AM »

i have worked on similar setups its not quite as easy as you would expect. the hand pay also triggers the accounting menu and this can make some strange problems if you make any changes to the button harness. your simplest solution would probably be a device that goes inline with the hopper when the machine pays out it runs the hopper once then simulates the rest of the pay out or hits the key once. if you want to try a purely mechanical solution you can try a micro switch in place of the key switch that gets depressed by something on the hopper its self, with this approach tho i see you having a problem with the hopper cycling too fast and keying the machine multiple times.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2013, 02:09:35 AM »

Some hoppers use a micro switch to count the coins payed out.     Scratch Head Scratch Head

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
vtyler

Total Karma Storms: 32

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2013, 03:45:23 PM »

than it may be as simple as just using that, but if it were me i would try to keep the 2 inputs isolated by having the micro switch trigger a pare of opto isolators or transistors one in place of the micro switch in the hopper and one for the key.

but before going to that amount of work will the machine hand pay if it is already in the middle of a hopper cash out?
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2013, 12:17:57 AM »

Most S2000 hoppers have coin optics but the coin does not pass through the optics
the coin trips a lever that blocks the optics just like a coin would, to prevent cheating the coin out optics.
the problem is the delay between the single coin out and the machine triggering hand pay, not fast enough for a micro switch on the hopper to trigger the hand pay reset.
machine is going to wait for the single coin to be paid before going into hand pay

The other thing is you are going to have to be sure all wins pay the 1 coin then go into hand pay mode
you have a few settings in limits and a couple places to configure to make it work with the key before creating something to reset it after every win. and I can tell you there is no easy way to detect hand pay mode unless you use the correct candle wire to do it. but any tilts that activate the same candle light are going to cause you to activate your reset system.

That is why I say a Small SAS host -- Micro Controller based of course to do the serial communications needed can do it without having to tap into the candle or the reset switch circuits

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.