Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 10:38:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  CDS Video Games
| | |-+  BINGO 9 LINE VIDEO
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: BINGO 9 LINE VIDEO  (Read 11984 times)
oldsdr
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 21

« on: May 07, 2012, 03:30:57 PM »

new Just bought a CDS Bingo 9 line, Worked great at first but now it will boot up and at times get to the game screen then shuts down. Mother board looks like crap appears to be mineral deposit looking.  What are my options on getting this fixed change game and Glass?  First video slot so I am new to this part,  Have 3 reel slots so I have worked on those.  Used parts?  I also have 2 birthing chips with the machine what ever those are, Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cry Laughing
Mr. Dinoman
Mr. Dinoman
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 139

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 04:34:27 PM »

can you post a video of the booting sequence and post it?
oldsdr
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 04:10:25 AM »

:59-Yes as soon as I find my micro USB cable.  I was working on it tonight and can tell you the monitor has 4 CDS data signs and then goes to the bingo start up, sometimes it goes to the game and works for maybe 8 spins and then reboots.  Then it doesn't work it never goes to the bingo screen it just keeps rebooting to the CDS screen, no buttons light up when this is happening. Is the game on the hard drive or the mother board? Will get video as soon as possible thanks for your quick reply Hail
Mr. Dinoman
Mr. Dinoman

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 12:40:35 PM »

The main game is on the HD...Do you see the HD lights flashing?...Also there are game chips located on the slide in board above the HD tray...There should be 4 red led's on the far right...the first 3 should be on all the time...The 4th should be FLASHING...Check those and report back...
Jimmy
oldsdr
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 02:51:20 PM »

Yes all the lights are working the way you said and so is the machine now, don't know if exercising the connectors changed or disturbed something.  Will keep an eye on it. is it bad to leave credits on machine and screen running from day to day,  do they have a sleep mode when not in use.  Thank you so much for giving me some stuff to look at. Hail
Mr. Dinoman
Mr. Dinoman

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 03:17:04 PM »

No sleep mode zzzzzzz...You can leave credits on it...When you turn off the machine it will remember the credits and last game played when you turn it back on (assuming the battery is good)...If you change the battery, you will have to re-birth the machine, so if it is not giving you a error code then leave it alone...Hope this has helped...
Jimmy
oldsdr
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 03:30:55 PM »

would it be a good idea to ghost the hard drive while it is working fine. should i turn it off or does it hurt it if i leave it on
Mr. Dinoman
Mr. Dinoman

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2012, 03:50:21 PM »

I converted mine to CF...There is a thread about that...Be very careful when cloning...HD have a certain amount of hours before they crap out...You can leave them on, but it may shorten its life...Also, leaving on the machine may also burn in the CRT over a period of time...
oldsdr
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2012, 04:17:08 AM »

What is CF?  and how do I get to the thread?
SLOTMAN
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 34

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2012, 09:38:00 AM »

Mr. Dinoman, have you ever had a HDD verify fail after cloning to CF?  It happens to me after about 15 minutes of play.
Mr. Dinoman
Mr. Dinoman

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2012, 12:44:28 PM »

Not yet...I have been using mine for about 6 hrs total so far...What CF (compact flash) manufactor are you using?...Was yours new or used?...Here is the thread for CF converting...

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=2249.0

Jimmy
SLOTMAN
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2012, 12:58:18 PM »

I am using the exact same setup all the way down to the exact part numbers.  It seems to work for a while then HDD fail.  It has to be the original image because it does the same thing with using the hard drive
Mr. Dinoman
Mr. Dinoman

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2012, 01:16:08 PM »

When you get he HDD error, what are you doing to correct it?
SLOTMAN
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2012, 01:45:56 PM »

If I turn the machine off and back on it works fine sometime for 5 minutes sometimes 20 minutes.  It seems like it quits at idle not when it is being played.  I have swapped drives and cables so I know it isnt a connection issue.

* photo (3).JPG (552.33 KB, 1224x1632 - viewed 319 times.)
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2012, 02:37:22 PM »

Sounds like a heat related problem after the machine has been on for awhile.
I've heard of some guys using a cold spray to pinpoint the problem.
The cold spray will help find a cold-solder joint on a circuit board.
I'm thinking power supply circuit board?
oldsdr
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2012, 02:40:03 PM »

Thanks, don't know what I would do without you guys.  Hail Hail
SLOTMAN
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2012, 03:04:09 PM »

Stay, I thought the same thing.  I ran windows 95 on the setup and had no problems at all.  I even ran some read - write tests to stress the drive and processor and everything passed.
Mr. Dinoman
Mr. Dinoman

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2012, 03:54:11 PM »

I had a lot of issues with my VIGII board and processor...It to will cause these errors...If the problem happens with both HDD and CF, then you either have a HDD problem and it is ready to fail or GDD board, VIGII board, processor board and/or powersupply...What happens to the flashing (4th LED) light when it fails...do you still have the other 3 LED's light-those are the power LED's...
Jimmy
oldsdr
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2012, 04:08:03 PM »

cheese OK its acting up again, yes 3 red lights are on and one is flashing,  CPS logos come up and goes into Bingo then it's like I loose video signal and monitor lamp goes amber.  HD green lamp on and amber one flashing at times until it acts up and then just the green lamp is on.  Also noticed fan just below power supply is not on, the one on the left hand side of machine is on,  should the one on the RH side be on all the time.  At times during start up I get a test screen up on monitor saying monitor ok and test screen is red blue green,  I do appreciate the help. Thanks Mark
Mr. Dinoman
Mr. Dinoman

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2012, 04:16:03 PM »

If it is a 1920 cabinet you should have 2 fans on the left side...the upper one is for the monitor and powersupply...the lower one helps cool the GDD and HD...they both should be on alll the time...Also check to see if the CPU fans is working...
oldsdr
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2012, 04:16:41 PM »

Mr. Dinoman sent you a e-mail with pic of the board condition, let me know what you think, Mark
oldsdr
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2012, 04:18:00 PM »

Yes the CPU fan is on any time the machine power is on
Mr. Dinoman
Mr. Dinoman

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2012, 04:28:13 PM »

I would remove the VIGII board and very gently reset the game chips and the processor board...Be very careful!...Re-insert the VIG board and see how that works...BE SHURE TO GROUND YOURSELF BEFORE TOUCHING ANY BOARDS!
SLOTMAN
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2012, 04:59:47 PM »

I have to apologize because I kinda hijacked this thread but to answer Mr. Dino it does it with 3 different VIG boards.  I have swapped the processors and re-seated all chips.  I picked up a few spare boards knowing how crappy these machines are.
Mr. Dinoman
Mr. Dinoman

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2012, 07:09:40 PM »

Slotman...do you have the correct game chips and birthing chips?...If you want, you can send me the HD or CF and I can run it on my machine..
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.