Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 04:42:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  CDS Video Games
| | |-+  CDS Video Poker No Sound
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: CDS Video Poker No Sound  (Read 5232 times)
89chevyman
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 37

IMG_20120624_210335.jpg

« on: October 08, 2013, 02:16:41 PM »

Have a video poker machine that has no sound. Game function fine. Tried menu to increase volume & also checked sound test, nothing. The game did have credits on it when resetting volume,  does that matter? If not, any suggestions? Also is the bill validator upgradeable and any info on cleaning them?
paul
paul
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 20

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 01:03:33 AM »

What happens when you try to set sound and the validator if it is a 12 or 13 it is upgradeable
89chevyman
Contributing NLG Member

IMG_20120624_210335.jpg

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 02:05:54 AM »

Okay, let me update where I'm at and what I've done. Change all the bulbs on the buttons & tested them in test mode, only one not lighting was the draw button (possibly a bad micro switch) Got the sound to work (Volume was down, DUH Duh!) and changed the WBA-11-SS bill validator chip (WBA-11-SS ID 003 USA V 2.04-15 [7EE4e]) to  an updated ( WBA11 SSID 003 V3.60 NEW 10) chip. Went to start the game, came up with "Call Attendant-Low Battery"? I don't know where to go at this point to get the game up and running, as it was, before I did anything, just didn't have sound & wouldn't take new bills. Also coin comparator does not function-no light, coins go straight through. Not sure if it's enabled or how to check it or enable it? This is a friends machine so I'm very worried about doing too much and causing a major meltdown. Additionally I replaced the top and belly glass tubes and they did not light up when the machine was turned on (haven't changed starters yet this may resolve the problem).  I've been told that these video poker machines do not need birth chips, but if I change the battery, won't this require birth chips and if not how do I internalize the game back into game mode? One more problem, I noticed that someone had removed the bulbs, cut the wire harness and possibly removed the board, for the light above the bill entry bezel. Would this have anything to do with anything? Any and all help would be be appreciated. Oh and available parts, too.  Thanks.
paul
paul

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 12:21:26 PM »

First what model is machine 1910 or 1920 ect if you remove battery and install a new battery right away you should be ok       Paul
89chevyman
Contributing NLG Member

IMG_20120624_210335.jpg

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 02:00:44 PM »

Thanks for the quick reply. Without going over there, I believe its a 1910, as it looks the same as my Wild Deuces game. I replaced the battery as quickly as possible. I will be heading over there to install and report back either a success or a failure. Wish me luck yes If you reply before I go, is there anything I need to know about the initialization of the game? When I looked at the menu the initialize game was in red and unobtainable as far as a selection in the dropdown menu. Thanks.

Chris
paul
paul

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 10:54:57 PM »

you have to have the door open if it is still in red you probley have to rebirth it sometimes at the bottom of screen it will say to use birth chips Let me look on how the 1910 rebirths but if the door is open and initalize is the same color as the rest you can continue with by following instructions when you go into initalize
89chevyman
Contributing NLG Member

IMG_20120624_210335.jpg

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2013, 03:50:56 AM »

Hey Paul,
  Didn't get over to my friends house as the World Series was on and he's a die hard Red Socks fan, as he IS from Boston bust gut laughing bust gut laughing Anyway, I have another problem that you might be able to help me with, I hope, I hope. My 1910 won't initialize and shows the following:      Error Code:   89
                                                                 Error Name: EE Schedule Error
                                                                 Error Site:    Power On

EEProm  CRC Failure

Soooooooooooooooooo, am I screwed???????? Did not ask for Birth Chips. Did that help any?
89chevyman
Contributing NLG Member

IMG_20120624_210335.jpg

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2013, 02:17:53 PM »

Well, the Sox won so now I can go over to my friends house & see what's what when I replace the board. Will get back with report. Thanks.

Chris.
89chevyman
Contributing NLG Member

IMG_20120624_210335.jpg

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2013, 01:44:30 AM »

Well got the machine up and running, no birth chips needed. applause applause applause applause THANKS PAUL Clap Clap Clap Now to solve the other problems. Its got a "bad" or going bad BV. Makes a racket starting up. Finally got the lights in my machine, as well as my friends, to light up (starters on his, ground wire on mine) Duh.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 03:53:19 PM by 89chevyman » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.