Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 01:18:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  CDS Video Games
| | |-+  cds easystreet and bingo bandit series video slot questions
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: cds easystreet and bingo bandit series video slot questions  (Read 9150 times)
icu44444
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 76

« on: July 24, 2009, 10:55:48 AM »

hi
I am trying to revive a couple of  cds video game units.  One is a cds easy street machine. After 2  days of putting in boards taking them out and powering up game only to get initialization errors. Then  doing another reset without chips only to get initialization error. Finally and not having a clue how I did it I finally cleared two errors to get to a dead battery related error which made sense why configs were not holding time and date. So with new battery in board and once again power up thinking I would  have it up an running soon only to discover what sounds like an alarm system going off and displaying error 13. Something about the gdd device being invalid. All config info is  good now  and can run tests and menu selections. Only thing I noticed and see also in  one of the selections is that after initialization begins the  message gdd offline. then when init  completes the alam error 13 goes off and says to get attendent. It gave me the impression that the message was security related as if  I had tampered with the unit. So now I dont know what I did or didnt do to find myself where I am on this machine. Can anyone tell me what for a fact that error is and is it because I did something out of sequence or just not going through the  right steps to clear this error. or did I somehow put the wrong set of eproms in.????? I almost feel this is  probably a simple fix but those are the hardest ones for me to resolve it seems. I know  I am close. can anyone point me  in the right direction for getting this machine to reset and allow me to put in game mode.  As far as the other bandit series machine everything works now but the hardrive has windows issues. power it up and it bombs  to dos prompt not finding windows files. I took hd and looked at drive  contents and found windows directory and all sub dir missing.  My question is- Can I copy the remaining drive dir structures to a pc running win95 or 98, reformat the current drive and reload the windows, boot up files etc  onto it and get  it to work that way or  is there some file crc check the game does to make sure files are at exact locations? Sorry for being so long winded but any help someone can give me will probably be the only way I get beyond this at the present. Thanks for your help.
Stolistic
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 188

Resistance is futile. You will be emulated.

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 01:02:24 PM »

Here is a basic summary on how to get a CDS machine up and running:

1.  On the VIG-II board you need to install birth chips in sockets U63 and U64.  The birth chips must match the version of your game chips and hard drive (GDD) in order to initialize the machine.
2.  Turn on the machine after step 1 and you should be able to use the "Initialize Game" menu item.  Go through all the prompts until finished and turn off the machine.
3.  On the VIG-II board, take out the birth chips and replace with the game chips, and turn on the machine.  The game should startup normally.

Usually a GDD error message means the machine is unable to access the hard drive (GDD).  Check all power and data cables to the hard drive, and also make sure the power light on the hard drive is on.  The keyed lock on the front may be in the off position.  It is possible the hard drive is bad.  Listen for grinding noises or such.

Another possibility is the hard drive version does not match your birth/game chips, but this is usually identified in step two, since the initialization screen will say "Unknown" for the GDD type.

You can try clearing some error messages by turning the operator key backwards to clear the message.  Simple errors will sometimes clear this way too.

As for trying to repair a hard drive via a PC and copy etc, you will not be successful.  There are specific layouts for the data and checksums.
icu44444
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 05:46:00 PM »

well I appreciate the input about these sds units. Do you know what a system error 13 is call  attendant displaying on video screen which would not be to problem oriented except it also includes a alarm sound  that reminds me of tv shows when a weapons breach occurrs. None of my manuals discusses these type of errors or much at all on the birth chips which are a different version than the  original game chips for u63 n u64. So I burned a copy of chips to match the birth chip version. N llike I said earlier it was all  going well, i finally got the sys init  error to go away and then initialized once  more without birthchips and then one by one cleared soft errors until the error beneath it was the battery almost dead. Replaced that rebirthed again powered down put game chips of same version in and  powered up to reset then gdd offline and when it finished init it sounded the alarm. Is  there a watch dog chip or some storage on gdd telling it that someone has tampered with the chips causing it to go offline. Hard drive is fine and  can do anything in main menu. even reset gdd that seems to be where I am either doing something out of sequence or missing something that is  going on. I  do not know I will work on it some more. just hoping  someone had similar experience. thanks for the other info on s.w. drive rewrite too,. I thought some kind of checksum was included.
Stolistic

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 08:12:11 PM »

From some documentation I have:
Code: 13
Type: Hard Tilt
Definition: The VIG II CPU cannot validate the Gaming Display Device (GDD). There may be a
subcode 16 (INVALID GDD VERSION), which indicates the hard drive version is not
correct for the installed VIG II EPROMs. Replace the hard drive with the correct one.
Faulty QUARTs on the VIG II may also cause this error.

Sounds to me like either a bad hard drive image or faulty VIG II board.

As for your alarm sound, that usually happens when a door is open on the unit.  Look at the very bottom of the screen for additional messages.
icu44444
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 06:43:04 PM »

thanks for the insights and other ideas
From what I have tried I believe you are right about the versions not matching up. When in menu the top line displays unknown and when it comes  up after initiating I get the gdd timeout  and errors.  I have 3 different game versions (1.14R,1.15R,1.18R) plus original one which has a different check sum code than other three, I think an older lower numbered version. I only have two versions for the birth chips though and unfortunately they are 1.15 n 1.18. So I tried a couple  of different combo's to see if any are downward compatiblle. doesnt appear to be when it comes to gdd device. Using 1.18 birth and 1.18 game didnt work very well with the gdd. Screen unknow  for gdd and difficulty in configuring unit. Using birth chip ver 1.15 my only other version along with tries using game chip versions 1.15r,1.14e, and what ever orig. chips ver are (checksum for it =u63-8488,u64-FOAF)and they worked better in combination with gdd version. I could at least see ver displayed in configuration screen at top of page. When using birth  n game version 1.15 the screen displayed the following info on top line - VIG II v1.15R 1 BAN - D010 4/12/00      GDD - VKB - 30.1.2.9.B.  Everything configured and stayed when configjuring  including recognized denomination settings. But after initializing, it still comes up with system iniatial error. Once into menu and checking on what error  is, screen report error #80 and looking at audit trail also shows gdd timeout and bad packets. So so much for complet downward compatibility if anyone  else should be considering that avenue of thrill seeking. I acquire whatever versions I can get my happy little fingers on and when the day comes that I am overjoyed with the fact I get to try them it turns out the machine I am bringing back to life needs one I do not have. Does anyone know if the GDD DEVICE has anything like a reset feature or something to  allow it to restablish the version to one being initialized. IS it just a check thing that sees if something equals what what installed or is it hard coded into that little  chip on the gdd board, or am I out in left field on this one, not even close to the answer. With that I wish I maY i WISH i MIGHT (clicking white sneakers together twice including making click noise with my mouth) that somehow I find a version to make my day better than yesterday.  thanks for the help to this point and good call. you guys are good. maybe you can produce a VLC 8724 MANUAL I really could use too  magically since you are that good at cds machines,  should be piece of cake lol. Back to the bat cave.

<post edited by mod.>
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 09:14:36 PM by channelmaniac » Logged
Stolistic

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 07:20:24 PM »

From your description of "GDD - VKB - 30.1.2.9.B.", it sounds like you have the Nevada version of Easy Street on that hard drive.  Officially the GDD version is "KB30.1.2.9B".

You will probably need the Game and Birth Chips "v1.18n ES-D002 03/06/01" in order to make that match your hard drive.  I'm not sure what you current 1.18R chip version supports, but since it is a later revision, it may work for that hard drive (although it sounds like you tried that).  Unless what you have is not actually 1.18R but some other revision.

Your 1.15R chips only support 2 hard drives for Easy Street NV, "K105.0.1.39B" and "JC15.0.1.37D", neither matching yours.

Sounds like you need to either obtain a different hard drive to match your chips, or chips to match your hard drives.

Check with the vendors at the top of the page, and/or post a request that you wish to buy etc.

icu44444
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2009, 05:08:51 PM »

thanks for that explicit chip version information. Finally I see the light. thanks once again everyone for the uncanny abilities of people on here providing answers and not only answers but in a well written easy to understand style for those that can read or see anyhow. I will start looking for a compatilble chip set. it will probably be easier to locate if not i will find the other.
Lt Bloodbath
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2009, 05:21:18 PM »

I don't know if this helps or not but I have a UB 1920 Bingo Bandit that I am going to part out. Everything is there but the monitor will not light up. When you turn it on it boots up and a voice tells you that it is, "INITIATING START UP SEQUENCE". I can not get any further with it as like I said there is no picture. Maybe someone here can use parts of this machine or the whole thing. I live in the Sacramento area of Ca.
Mr. Dinoman
Mr. Dinoman
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 139

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2012, 09:13:44 PM »

I know this is a old post, but you would not still have any of the CDS parts left would you?
Jimmy
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2012, 10:26:42 PM »

I know this is a old post, but you would not still have any of the CDS parts left would you?

According to his profile, the last time Lt Bloodbath was online was nearly a month ago.  You may get a better response by sending him a PM or an e-mail.   propeller

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.