Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 02:38:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  CDS Video Games
| | |-+  CDS 1910 touch screen
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: CDS 1910 touch screen  (Read 5036 times)
Mark1505
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1

Tank in the M38

« on: April 25, 2010, 12:04:33 PM »

I have several CDS 1910 machines. They all have touch screens, but none of them work. They are all complete.
The question I have should they work or is this a CDS trick, put in a touch screen monitor but not include it in the software?
thanks
Mark
icu44444
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 76

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 03:29:40 AM »

which games do you have? also its more important to know which series these games are from than the model number. by series i mean "bandit" series or "extreme" series. in particular the extreme series was designed specifically to work in most box models. bandit series games examples are bingo reel, gold fever, reel racers, reel sports baseball, easy street, penguin party, texas tumblers, monkey business, jackpot manor, animal safai, frog wild, wings of fortune and several variations. all use windows 95 w/ hard drives. these all have touch screens that are fully operational. The extreme series games utilize sw game and sound on chips utilizing a two tier board that plugs into the same passive backplane board that bandit series utilizes.  Egyption gold, reel deal poker, american pride, top dog are some of the extreme series games. i believe all have touch screen but as i have said before i do not know if any of these games made use of the touch screens. the buttons on the screens are meant to display what buttons have been reprogrammed and made use of for whichever game is in machine. but as whether or not they also can be pressed and function through use of touch screen i dont have a definite answer. i know the ones i have had (even trying different touch screens has never worked) and trying the touch screen i have never seen touch screen work. game play through buttons on deck has been only way to play for me. Anyone else have any of these extreme series games that has a working touch screen the game allows you to use. most of these games also have a touch screen sub menu item accessable from main setup/config menu for checking your touch screen. who else has or knows something about this?
icu44444

icu44444
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 06:21:12 AM »

i did some testing on a couple of this CDS "Extreme" series. In particular Top Dog, Reel Deal Poker and American pride. All using the same chassis', monitors, boards etc. Reel Deal Poker DOES NOT make use of the touch screen even though it is attached to the monitor. I believe they left them on the monitors based on a cost decision. it takes far longer to remove the screen and controller cables etc which would have cost CDS more in labor than the cost of the screen. They most likely bought these monitors with the screen already attached. Business wise this is the only reason that makes sense to me. As far as American Pride, i installed a known good touch screen and it worked like a champ. I also used this same known good video and touch screen in it and it also made use of the touch screen and worked flawlessly. In the bonus play I hadn't noticed before that the video screen even puts in words to use buttons or touch the dog of your choice. A working touch screen allows you to touch the screen of the dog you choose and the game will display what cards the dog was holding. Side note along with this is because the same monitor and touch screens are basically used in these slots from the "Extreme" and "Bandit" series you can take one from another slot regardless if its horizontal or vertical to test the the suspect machine. (you do need to fabricate an extension video cable though because connectors wont line up)Its the game software that designates which way it displays on the monitor. So if you have another cds video slot, don't mind looking at video displayed sideways and can find the parts to make a video extension cable you at least have the means to verify or test video n touch screen problems if no other choice is available. i will end here before i have to store this with all my other email novels.
icu44444
icu44444
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 06:34:41 AM »

mark
most of these touch screens are ELO brand. I have found that if anything is touching the transponders (the little glass pieces attached in three of the touch screen corners with wire attached to them) like tape covering or the metal protectors, the touch screen will not work until the obsruction is removed. i believe the screens calculate x,y co ordinates through vibration and this prevents that from occurring. i have found a high failure rate in both the screen/wires and the controllers. i noticed you said you have alot of these machines. what slot games do you have? HEY! LOOK!! I really can write a msg less than 5 lines 
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 430

I DONT SELL ON EBAY ITS NOT ME .

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2010, 07:00:02 PM »

mark
most of these touch screens are ELO brand. I have found that if anything is touching the transponders (the little glass pieces attached in three of the touch screen corners with wire attached to them) like tape covering or the metal protectors, the touch screen will not work until the obsruction is removed. i believe the screens calculate x,y co ordinates through vibration and this prevents that from occurring. i have found a high failure rate in both the screen/wires and the controllers. i noticed you said you have alot of these machines. what slot games do you have? HEY! LOOK!! I really can write a msg less than 5 lines 

that goes with most any touch screen -- meaning if the touch screen is working etc . then you happen to touch a corner while playing with your thumb
or if its hitting the bezel without adequate insulation ! The touch screen will act like its failed . many well used games that the touch screen is mounted on the CRT -after many door openings and closings the foam barrier fails and the bezel comes into contact with the screen .

resulting in crazy results .. it will work at times and other times not work etc . as machine warms up .

I have seen problem go away from EXPANSION DO TO HEAT !!
others just need to be re taped and isolated from any metal or wires or chassis frame etc .

as far as touch screen recognition !! most game makers today make it a proprietary company that supplies there touch screen
to match the software written for the particular game.

example Bally gamemaker --may only use 3m micro touch glass screens that are epoxied on the CRT --never to be removed if gone bad !! unless you want a chunk of the CRT ==CATHODE- RAY -TUBE .to come off with it lol

others in recent yrs went to the more expensive "ELO" touch screens if you try a 3m micro touch it will not recognize it !!
now with the safety standards in affect .. They want to do away with real glass touch screens !! & run a LEXAN style plastic screen . in 3M VERSION & ELO  which I PERSONALLY HATE !!

The thin membrane that covers the plastic touch screen are a source of problems in themselves !!for being weak -pealing -llifting etc .
the feel of plastic tapping the screen .. feels horrible on some models !! the good old glass touch screens last a good long time
and feel great to touch . but laws are made for reasons .. some idiot man or woman most likely lost and put there fist into the touch screen ?? resulting in major cuts because its not safety glass ..

its america !! make new laws as we go along !!

The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO POST , what you think & what you do is who you become.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.